HTC Desire the best phone available?

19 replies
Found 4th Jun 2010
Hi Guys,

Is the HTC Desire currently the best phone available?

Thanks

Jonny

19 Comments

Banned

Probably, but the new iphone is announced on Monday and released not long after.

Nokia fanboy here for over a decade, Desire makes Nokia feel prehistoric in comparison.

iPhone I expect to beat Desire on a couple of hardware points, feature wise I'm yet to see how iPhone OS beats Android.

Not to mention it'll be 2-3times more expensive.

I am with Schizo boy, used and indeed swore by Nokia for years, then got me a Hero, now a Desire, really does make Nokia look appalling by comparison.
iPhones just aren't all that to me. Seem to have lost their attraction, when my 8 year old nephew has one , they lose their coolness!!

I personally don't think the Desire has that responsiveness that iPhone has, looks nice and can get away with more when developing android apps, but overall iPhone wins it for me.... just a shame about the battery life.

Original Poster

Thanks for your comments, found a deal for £25 a month:

Free Desire
600 mins
Unlimited texts
unlimited internet
24 month contract!

jonny619447;8760049

Thanks for your comments, found a deal for £25 a month:Free Desire600 … Thanks for your comments, found a deal for £25 a month:Free Desire600 minsUnlimited textsunlimited internet24 month contract!

Better contracts are about if you look, ultimately I'd recommend O2 Simplicity and paying £285, leaving you free to get any sim only deal you wanted.

schizoboy;8759984

Nokia fanboy here for over a decade, Desire makes Nokia feel prehistoric … Nokia fanboy here for over a decade, Desire makes Nokia feel prehistoric in comparison.iPhone I expect to beat Desire on a couple of hardware points, feature wise I'm yet to see how iPhone OS beats Android.Not to mention it'll be 2-3times more expensive.

The IPhone just has a certain smoothness about it - just very responsive.

Never used android, but just can't imagine it being as smooth and as accurate as apples screen(patented)

jonny619447;8760049

Thanks for your comments, found a deal for £25 a month:Free Desire600 … Thanks for your comments, found a deal for £25 a month:Free Desire600 minsUnlimited textsunlimited internet24 month contract!

where did you get this deal? sounds good!

The new iphone will probably beat it hardware wise, but it will still be close. Depends if you prefer the android OS or the iphone OS. Personally I think the anroid OS is miles better, proper multitasking, and it will be getting an update that brings flash soon.

Original Poster

iambalrog;8760240

where did you get this deal? sounds good!

Couldnt find the one i was talking about! :?...

But i believe some of these to be better :thumbsup:

]http//ww…tml

schizoboy;8760054

Better contracts are about if you look, ultimately I'd recommend O2 … Better contracts are about if you look, ultimately I'd recommend O2 Simplicity and paying £285, leaving you free to get any sim only deal you wanted.

How does that work mate, are you saying if I have a Simpicity contract sim (which I have) can I buy just the handset from O2 for £285.00 ?

Iphone for me, but its definately a personal preference one this, I just think that the iphone is really smooth and responsive compared to some other touch screen devices I have owned btw defo dont go near a Blackberry Storm or storm 2 as they are toffee :thumbsup:

desire will still be better than the new iphone in my opinion.

H

pw1500;8760765

I can't use an android, the OS is to ugly for me.

Can I have some of what you are smoking? The Android OS is far nicer to look at. Imo there is no comparison.... for eg you can completely customize it to look how you want. The iPhone OS looked good 3 years ago but looks very dated now. Imo of course

pw1500;8761649

Thats just my opinion, I take one look at that cluttered status bar and … Thats just my opinion, I take one look at that cluttered status bar and vomit. As a graphic designer I favor the well thought out UI of the iphone.

It was cool 3 years ago, abit dated now, these other phones could have did it without a problem if apple never patented the design. as a graphic designer I would imagine the freedom to being able to create your own customisable / creative layout would be welcome?

jg213;8766881

It was cool 3 years ago, abit dated now, these other phones could have … It was cool 3 years ago, abit dated now, these other phones could have did it without a problem if apple never patented the design. as a graphic designer I would imagine the freedom to being able to create your own customisable / creative layout would be welcome?

My Desire has 5 home screens.
Each set of home screens/pages can be saved as a "theme" if you will.
So I have Home and Work

Home: Various widgets on some, news, page full of family and friends contacts for quick dialling

Work: Two whole pages of contact, (still to setup an email widget) finance widget, internet shortcuts and other bits and pieces.

Not hard to switch between them all, each home page benefiting from a nice moving scene in the backround.

Having had this nearly two weeks now, compared it directly to the iPhone, the iPhone is, in a minority of functions more intuitive, it terms of customisation, in terms of flexibility, in terms of free applications and rooting, in terms of VALUE compared to the 3GS, unmatchable, why I bought it: screen, makes lcd look awfully obsolete.

I'd say getting a non OLED smartphone now, (iPhone v4 is rumoured to have slightly higher-than-desire resolution oled screen) is pretty naive/premature, it'll be the standard within 12months.

Banned

schizoboy;8766997

My Desire has 5 home screens.Each set of home screens/pages can be saved … My Desire has 5 home screens.Each set of home screens/pages can be saved as a "theme" if you will.So I have Home and WorkHome: Various widgets on some, news, page full of family and friends contacts for quick diallingWork: Two whole pages of contact, (still to setup an email widget) finance widget, internet shortcuts and other bits and pieces.Not hard to switch between them all, each home page benefiting from a nice moving scene in the backround.Having had this nearly two weeks now, compared it directly to the iPhone, the iPhone is, in a minority of functions more intuitive, it terms of customisation, in terms of flexibility, in terms of free applications and rooting, in terms of VALUE compared to the 3GS, unmatchable, why I bought it: screen, makes lcd look awfully obsolete.I'd say getting a non OLED smartphone now, is pretty naive/premature, it'll be the standard within 12months.

You're right - they really need to update the iphone.:whistling:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8767007

You're right - they really need to update the iphone.:whistling:

Probably not though. Fanboys seem to promote out of date software and hardware 'cos of that little apple logo.

pw1500;8761649

Thats just my opinion, I take one look at that cluttered status bar and … Thats just my opinion, I take one look at that cluttered status bar and vomit. As a graphic designer I favor the well thought out UI of the iphone.

not having a gripe, but what do you mean by the status bar as on my desire there is nothing cluttered...... due to the fact that I can customise these 7 home screens to show as much or little/nothing as I like. SO much better than the current iphone system..... IMO of course
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed438
    2. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return11
    3. 241 cinema code - how to ask?22
    4. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch11

See more discussions