Groups

HTC Desire, Vodafone retention deal

I cancelled my contract with Vodafone and within 24 hours received a phone call from their cancellations department. I've been offered a HTC Desire on an 18month contract at £25.00 per month for 300mins, unlimited texts and 1gb data allowance. Over the term of the contract this works out at £450.00 which isn't as cheap as some of the other deals I've seen but they involve cashback and quidco. If I hold out am I likely to get a better deal or is this probably as good as its going to get?

13 Comments

I work for Voda retentions and I would be surprised if you even get this deal offered again, as it sounds like a one time offer from the outbound team, and the problem with that is the outbound team call you, you can't call them

Swazy911;8847218

I work for Voda retentions

Expect to have a very full inbox soon

I don't mind any questions tbh, enjoy my job kind of, except no questions on the ridiculously over priced IPHONE 4

Banned

Swazy911;8847218

I work for Voda retentions and I would be surprised if you even get this … I work for Voda retentions and I would be surprised if you even get this deal offered again, as it sounds like a one time offer from the outbound team, and the problem with that is the outbound team call you, you can't call them

Anyone can get that from vodafone! Below is what I was offered.

Vodafone 18 month Tariffs
    Included Minutes Included data Included texts Monthly cost Phone cost PP Code
    100 Unlimited 500 £20.00 £95.00 ye10pva20
    300 Unlimited Unlimited £25.00 £65.00 ye30pva25
    600 Unlimited Unlimited £30.00 Free ye60pva30
    900 Unlimited Unlimited £35.00 Free ye90pva35
    1200 Unlimited Unlimited £40.00 Free yek2pva40
    3000 Unlimited Unlimited £70.00 Free ye3kpva70

Vodafone24 month Tariffs
    Included Minutes Included data Included texts Monthly cost Phone cost PP Code
    100 Unlimited 500 £15.00 £100.00 ye10pva15
    300 Unlimited Unlimited £20.00 £55.00 ye30pva20
    600 Unlimited Unlimited £25.00 Free ye60pva25
    900 Unlimited Unlimited £30.00 Free ye39pva30
    1200 Unlimited Unlimited £35.00 Free yek2pva35
    3000 Unlimited Unlimited £65.00 Free ye3kpva65

Original Poster

£65.00 for the handset on the same tariff there though, think I'll take it the guy on the phone was very straight up in offering it and there was no messing about and sounds like they can't go much lower if at all according to Swazy

Well actually you might be a bit off there, as those are the old codes, which have been replaced, some of them are still used but not many. And most of what you have listed there you would find hard to get with the HTC Desire

Original Poster

Swazy911;8847218

I work for Voda retentions and I would be surprised if you even get this … I work for Voda retentions and I would be surprised if you even get this deal offered again, as it sounds like a one time offer from the outbound team, and the problem with that is the outbound team call you, you can't call them

I've already ordered it, no stock until the 17th though apparently just wanted to check it was a good deal before it's too late to cancel

Well so you know the T&C's are unclear at that part, you actually have 7 days to cancel AFTER you have RECEIVED the phone.

Original Poster

Swazy911;8847445

Well so you know the T&C's are unclear at that part, you actually have 7 … Well so you know the T&C's are unclear at that part, you actually have 7 days to cancel AFTER you have RECEIVED the phone.

cheers! will probably keep it but nice to know

i got half price line rental for full contract term from vodafone (existing customer)

Try @VodafoneUKdeals. they sorted me out with a 18 months / £20pm contract. (600mins/500mb/unltd txts).

Not sure if that deal is still ongoing though. Worth a try though!

Swazy911

I don't mind any questions tbh, enjoy my job kind of, except no questions … I don't mind any questions tbh, enjoy my job kind of, except no questions on the ridiculously over priced IPHONE 4

Hi there, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could help, you could be my last hope before I go NUTS! My problem is my Nokia N97, its been to Vodafone twice and to Nokia once for repair, its such a bad handset that Vodafone have decided to replace it, however, its what they are replacing it with is the problem, they have offered me the Samsung 360 H1 - you have got to be kidding ! ! ! Other options they have suggested are the Nokia 6303 the Nokia 6730 or the Nokia 5230, I know my N97 is terrible but none of these phone even come close to the features found on my N97 When I spoke to the Call Centre only this afternoon the guy I sooke too was bordering on being rude, he was actually shouting at me because I wasn't agreeing with everything he was trying to ram down my throat - if I could remember his name I would report him. I've been a Vodafone customer for many many years but it seems that counts for nothing these days. I know you can't do anything directly, but I would value some advice and it would be grately received, where this phone is concerned I've always thought that if something was faulty which this handset most definatly is, surely you would think that it would be replaced with a handset of similar specs, not just the cheap alternative which seems to be the point in question here.

Anyway, I'll leave it with you, and hopefully look forward to your reply

Many thanks again for reading this

Regards

Sam

I requested my PAC Code a few days ago and about 30 mins ago I got a call from disconnections with a thumper of a deal!

Here it is:

HTC Desire HD - Free of Charge
    900 mins
    unlimited text
    unlimited landline calls
    500mb
    24 month
    £30.00 a month

sounds like a winner to me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1214
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions