Groups

HTC Diamond 2 or HTC Magic or iPhone - in UK ??

Ok, these are the three best touch phones at the moment.
    I really don't know which one to get.

The iphone and Diamond 2 are clearly the most classy.
    The Magic and iphone have the best interface (the iphone slightly ahead)
    The Diamond 2 will no doubt be the best supported. It also has the best screen.
    There is a new iphone on the way in two months
    Magic and Diamond 2 have SD card slots

iphone is £90 + 18 x £35 = £720
    Magic is 18 x £30 - (£30 quidco) = £510 (phones4u.co.uk)
    Diamond 2 is £79 + 12 x £30 - (£30 quidco) = £399 (although £579 to 18 months) (mobiles.co.uk)

The Magic is on vodafone which has much better reception then Orange (HTC Diamond 2).

In some ways I would like the Diamond 2 on Vodafone, but not posible.

choices, choices ... anyone any advice ?

16 Comments

you might also want to throw the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 into the mix. I can really recommend it, it's one of the best mobiles I've had.

Iphone

Although I'd wait for a bit......

Now is not the time to sign up to an 18 month contract imo.

Remeber the Magic doesnt have a 3.5mm headphone socket if you are wanting a multimedia phone (Would have bought one otherwise)

I'd go with the carrier that gives you the best signal. I turned down a blindingly good deal on the iPhone last year because O2 have no 3G coverage in my local area. Bought an Xperia instead, it's costing me more but Vodafone have excellent coverage.

All three handsets are pretty good (the new Touchflo on the Diamond is cracking, running it on my handset) but when it comes down to it you'll only get full use out of the handsets if they have a strong signal and good service.

Worth noting though, rumour has it that Voda are getting the iPhone soon

http://www.whatmobile.net/siteimage/scale/300/2000/70668.png

Also battery life on the magic is supposedly less than a day,

Shame none of them have Flash for the camera like the Omnia has

Original Poster

bowdown2thegame;5209226

you might also want to throw the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 into the mix. I … you might also want to throw the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 into the mix. I can really recommend it, it's one of the best mobiles I've had.

I considered the Sony, but the size of the screen and fiddly nature of the interface does nothing for me.
    Although I know that through xda-developers you can pretty much put any OS on it.

Original Poster

jtx;5209227

IphoneAlthough I'd wait for a bit......Now is not the time to sign up to … IphoneAlthough I'd wait for a bit......Now is not the time to sign up to an 18 month contract imo.

What makes you say think that its a good time to wait ?
    :?

colonel;5209392

What makes you say think that its a good time to wait ?:?

I'm guessing it's because they are due to announce the new verions of the iphone and ipod touch. Going by previous 2 years they will be released September time

Original Poster

bowdown2thegame;5209421

I'm guessing it's because they are due to announce the new verions of the … I'm guessing it's because they are due to announce the new verions of the iphone and ipod touch. Going by previous 2 years they will be released September time

can't wait that long :roll:

I am tilting to the magic.
    as £30 a month includes web browsing. I would have to pay at least £35 to get that on orange

I have a HTC Magic (brand new boxed) for sale,
    Let me know if you are interested, might be more suitable for you to get a phone offline and then sign up for some of the minimum commitement monthly contracts that allow flexibility in usage... Voda have got some great one month contract deals that you can cancel whenever.....

Original Poster

Thanks bilalhassam, interested in how much you want for it ?
    I have pretty much decided on the Diamond 2 now. I think its the best phone, but also the most expensive at the moment, However I have found one good contract on tmobile (my main requirement is that i didn't have torange -

If you get the magic through dial a phone, and its the same deal as phones4u the quidco is £60, saving another £30, basically making it 2 months free.

colonel;5220113

Thanks bilalhassam, interested in how much you want for it ?I have pretty … Thanks bilalhassam, interested in how much you want for it ?I have pretty much decided on the Diamond 2 now. I think its the best phone, but also the most expensive at the moment, However I have found one good contract on tmobile (my main requirement is that i didn't have torange -

I'm sure you won't regret it. I love my Touch HD. Especially with the Topaz (Diamond 2) Rom.

It may not have a 3.5mm head phone but it comes with a USB to 3.5mm adapter to give you your connection, so no issue with that.

Original Poster

thanks all
    My diamond 2 has arrived.
    I tried the magic in vodafone. Its a great device and android 1.5 looks better. However it was a bit toy like and also I didn't want to commit to 18 months.

Anyway I have found a diamond 2 on a 12m tmobile contract. So I jumped in.

I had the iphone before for 3 months.

The Diamond 2 blows all away before it. Is amazing. It seems to be as fast as my old Diamond with a hacked rom ....

It really feels like a pocket netbook. 288mb ram, 800x480 screen, 5mp auto-focus camera (ok its an average camera, but thats HTC for you :).

So pleased I went with this now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1024
      2. One for the mathmeticians1118
      3. Free Codes from EGX55
      4. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3345661

See more discussions