HTC Hero wireless thether ?

7 replies
Found 9th Oct 2009
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if wireless tether is difficult to do ? and does it require me doing some dodgy to my phone (something that may void my warranty) ?

Thanks James

1. Misc
  2. HTC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. HTC
6 Comments

nah a lot of providers may even tell you how to tether!
i tether my BB and its easy using a program called tetherberry.
so it should be as simple for a Hero id imagine just an app and maybe a seperate app on dialup on your PC.

Google = Friend
discuss.gdgt.com/htc…le/

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6526816

nah a lot of providers may even tell you how to tether!i tether my BB and … nah a lot of providers may even tell you how to tether!i tether my BB and its easy using a program called tetherberry.so it should be as simple for a Hero id imagine just an app and maybe a seperate app on dialup on your PC.Google = Friendhttp://discuss.gdgt.com/htc/hero/support/tethering-with-the-hero-is-it-possible/

Thanks mate, Do you ind me asking what plan your on and with what provider ?

Cheers James

james_lfc;6526860

Thanks mate, Do you ind me asking what plan your on and with what … Thanks mate, Do you ind me asking what plan your on and with what provider ? Cheers James

im with tmobile on their flext35 2009 plan - £180 calling credit for texts or calls, unlimited mobile internet (they cant detect tethering, except for if your using it to download etc) meant to cost £35pm i pay £17.50pm and got my BB Curve included too on 18month contract

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6526871

im with tmobile on their flext35 2009 plan - £180 calling credit for … im with tmobile on their flext35 2009 plan - £180 calling credit for texts or calls, unlimited mobile internet (they cant detect tethering, except for if your using it to download etc) meant to cost £35pm i pay £17.50pm and got my BB Curve included too on 18month contract

Im on orange atm and they only have 500mb of internet so i may switched to t-mobile (im within my return period)

I get 1200mins (mins dont really matter) unlimited texts and 500mb of internet for £28

With t-mobile id get

700mins unlimited texts and unlimited internet plus unlimted t-mobiles calls for the first 3months and £20 voucher for £30

Whats my best option please ?

Also orange do HSDPA but t-mobile only do 3G is there really that big of a difference ?

Sorry for all the questions but really appreciate your replies

Cheers James :thumbsup:

james_lfc;6527108

Im on orange atm and they only have 500mb of internet so i may … Im on orange atm and they only have 500mb of internet so i may switched to t-mobile (im within my return period)I get 1200mins (mins dont really matter) unlimited texts and 500mb of internet for £28With t-mobile id get 700mins unlimited texts and unlimited internet plus unlimted t-mobiles calls for the first 3months and £20 voucher for £30 Whats my best option please ? Also orange do HSDPA but t-mobile only do 3G is there really that big of a difference ? Sorry for all the questions but really appreciate your replies :)Cheers James :thumbsup:

depends on what suits you more tbh, i get mine for £17.50 as this is now my third 18month contract, plus i have another line for a my mum which ive had 2 18month contracts on and she has just this week moved over to their 30day rolling contract.

3G = 364 KBPS connection
HSDPA (aka 3.5G) = 3 MBPS connection

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6534653

depends on what suits you more tbh, i get mine for £17.50 as this is now … depends on what suits you more tbh, i get mine for £17.50 as this is now my third 18month contract, plus i have another line for a my mum which ive had 2 18month contracts on and she has just this week moved over to their 30day rolling contract.3G = 364 KBPS connectionHSDPA (aka 3.5G) = 3 MBPS connection

Okay mate good for you then

and thats interesting !, That means HSDPA is quite a lot faster doesn't it ? :s

ps. T-mobile do offer HSDPA so i think i'll be getting it and if im not happy with the speed in my area i can always return within the 7 Days.

Cheers James
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769551
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…22

See more discussions