HTC one m8

Posted 14th Jul
hi all
I'm trying to ressurect my old phone from the dead to use as a backup, but even though it was working perfectly when last used it now seems to be in some sort of bootloop, has anyone out there any idea how to proceed?
I've tried a soft reset etc already
thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I've got one exactly the same, it seems it's quite a common fault. I fixed it once, but the issue now is getting hold of the correct files you need to reflash it in order to repair it. I can find links for the ones I need but they are that old they're all dead.
Have you tried holding the power key and volume down ? Then try power and volume up? And then power and both volume buttons different phones had different combinations to access a menu
RadiantDuck14/07/2020 22:21

Have you tried holding the power key and volume down ? Then try power and …Have you tried holding the power key and volume down ? Then try power and volume up? And then power and both volume buttons different phones had different combinations to access a menu

I'll give that a go but beginning to think it's a paperweight thanks
PhilthyPhil14/07/2020 22:23

I'll give that a go but beginning to think it's a paperweight thanks

Shame, was a lovely phone. I'd be tempted to use it as a music player if it worked.
Edited by: "RadiantDuck" 14th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text