Found 5th Nov 2016
The phone memory is almost full and I have been unable to find the gallery when connecting with PC to transfer media files (videos, pics etc). Can someone guide me which folder to look for.

The DCIM, Media folders got no videos/pic in there.
p.s: Issue is to get those videos/pictures which are saved in the internal memory. But when connecting with PC although internal memory shows almost full but it doesn't show me where the actual videos/pics are!!

8 Comments

Do you have a sd card In phone? If so look at the dcim folder there.. You will have 2 memory locations. Internal memory and sd card memory. Also consider Google photos as free unlimited storage. I struggle with connecting phone to pc as always seems to play up

Original Poster

wayners

Do you have a sd card In phone? If so look at the dcim folder there.. You … Do you have a sd card In phone? If so look at the dcim folder there.. You will have 2 memory locations. Internal memory and sd card memory. Also consider Google photos as free unlimited storage. I struggle with connecting phone to pc as always seems to play up

Thanks for reply. I do have SD Card but here the problem really is to get all that stuff out of phone memory and i am unable to find that folder in the Internal Memory.

are you sure that it's pics and vids taking up the space? sounds like you already have camera set to save on the SD card.

my m8 always lives close to the limit for internal storage, just the way these phones are. best bet is get a good u3 SD card and get it to use that as internal memory.

Downloads maybe?

I don't have a m8 but this may help. Go to you phone settings. Scroll down to the storage & usb. That will show you what's on the card and what's in internal memory. Tap on one.. Internal or sd card.... for a breakdown of what's in the memory. That way you will know if the photos are on the internal memory or sd card. Maybe a bit of both?

Also download a file explorer. I like solid explorer but ES file manager is popular it seems. You will be able to view your phones memory and when you find photos you will see the path to them. A good file manager will break down what's on the phone memory and display in a clear way. There is no way you won't find photos or whatever has filled up phone storage.

not sure if this is any help but I was running low on storage and so I used the utility to free up space by moving photos to SD card. they didn't go into the photos folder on the SD card they went into: /storage//HTC_MakeMoreSpace/Gallery/.jpg

so, if you've already moved them they may be in there but it looks like you haven't moved them yet and you trying to find them in the internal memory?

dirty_stan

not sure if this is any help but I was running low on storage and so I … not sure if this is any help but I was running low on storage and so I used the utility to free up space by moving photos to SD card. they didn't go into the photos folder on the SD card they went into: /storage//HTC_MakeMoreSpace/Gallery/.jpgso, if you've already moved them they may be in there but it looks like you haven't moved them yet and you trying to find them in the internal memory?

​that's strange, it didn't quote folder name correctly. that should read /storage/(SD card name)/HTC_MakeMoreSpace/Gallery/(file name).jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73802
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!66
    4. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11

See more discussions