Groups

HTC Update

Hey, I had an OTA update from HTC yesterday for my Desire. Something about firmware update.

Anyone had the same? Does anyone know what's it all about?

I first thought it was the HTC's Froyo update and was having a fit from the excitement... then realised it wasn't that... Lol!

6 Comments

i just updated mine manually by going to settings/about phone/system software updates, and clicking check now, got the latest update of 1.19

Original Poster

I got 1.21.405.2 What does firmware update do?

Have a look ]here

Software - Firmware - Hardware

Firmware is like that butter advert, "smack bang in the middle"

Original Poster

MrBrightside1987;8766583

Have a look ]here

jonny619447;8766629

Software - Firmware - HardwareFirmware is like that butter advert, "smack … Software - Firmware - HardwareFirmware is like that butter advert, "smack bang in the middle"

thanks you both repd

the software runs within the firmwire, and the firmwire operates the hardware. so updating the firmwire, essientially updates the phones with either better features within the software or removes bugs within the the software and the operation of the phone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767334
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2035
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2469
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.33

See more discussions