Expired

HTC Warranty Repair Experiences

Found 7th Aug 2013
Anyone have any experience of returning their handset to HTC for repair under warranty?

If so, what was the experience like?

My HTC Sensation XE has developed an unusual software fault which has rendered it pretty much un-usable - searches for solutions on the internet have proved fruitless.

As a result, looks like I have no choice but to return it to HTC but, as my handset is as new,am concerned they will send me a 'not as good' replacement.
Community Updates
AskHTC
10 Comments
Had a htc sensation that accumulated dust behind the screen, so slowly the screen was filling with black dots. Took it to CPW to get it sent off for repair, as it obviously wasn't fully sealed somewhere, and 2 weeks later (when i received a text to say it was back) it hadn't been repaired and was fobbed off that it was my fault it was gathering dust behind the screen..

Last time i bought a htc phone
Edited by: "winifer" 7th Aug 2013
Have had four htc one phones all been faulty, Vodafone swapped it in the end for a galaxy s3.
Not good
Appreciate the feedback - even though it's not what I wanted to hear!

Perhaps I should go back to the retailer, ASDA Direct?

Anyone know how long they warrant the phone for?

Is it the standard 1 year?

If so, I am just outside that by a few weeks - guess they won't entertain any claim.
Sent mine back on 3 or so occasions.
They sent the phone back OK on each occasion, and repairs were prompt.

However that was a couple of years ago - when I reported a buggy phone recently they didn't want to know. Was initially impressed with the longer warranty but products are so poor you'll need it.

Also if they can't repair your phone they will throw older used parts in to get it up and running. New replacements are a last resort with HTC.
Joss

...when I reported a buggy phone recently they didn't want to know.

I actually called them a few days ago, prior to posing this question and my experience ties in with your comment.

The guy was a little arrogant and it was clear he wasn't interested in providing assistance.

Told me I had to test the phone without the SIM card which I knew wouldn't make any difference so I just agreed to get off the phone to him.

Realistically, it looks like I will have to return the phone to them and I just hope it will be a positive experience as I have been a HTC fan from the early days when they used to make the O2 branded smartphones and I was genuinely thinking of getting a HTC One next.
I have had 3 repair experiences with HTC. One for my Desire and 2 for my Sensation. I would urge you to take a picture of your phone condition and screen. Each of my phones was also in great condition and I was worried similar to you. On two occasions it worked out well but on one occasion with my HTC Sensation, the phone came back with a crack on the screen. HTC asked me to take a picture of the crack and show it to them. They didnt ask for the old pictures I took as they said if there are any scratches/cracks on the screen they fix it anyway and charge £30 for the service.

After that I ended up getting the phone screen repaired by them free of charge, it was just a bit time consuming. Each time the repair+postage takes about a week.

Lastly when my desire died because of a software issue, HTC gave me a HTC Sensation XE free of charge... so instead of a 'not as good' you may even get a better phone.
What is the exact issue with your phone
HUKD123

Lastly when my desire died because of a software issue, HTC gave me a HTC … Lastly when my desire died because of a software issue, HTC gave me a HTC Sensation XE free of charge... so instead of a 'not as good' you may even get a better phone.

I should have added to my comment, that i took my sensation to a different cpw after the dust issue had got even worse, and instead of waiting for them to send it off and repair it, they went into the stockroom and got me a new one, so +1 to cpw, -1 to htc
So, got my phone back today.

Good news, after a quick inspection, it appears to be in the same condition I sent it in.

Bad news, HTC haven't resolved the issue.

Back it goes.
HappyShopper

So, got my phone back today.Good news, after a quick inspection, it … So, got my phone back today.Good news, after a quick inspection, it appears to be in the same condition I sent it in.Bad news, HTC haven't resolved the issue.Back it goes.

What was the issue? My htc one x had an unresponsive touchscreen, sent it off last sat, arrived back in store yesterday, and picking up tomorrow. Fingers crossed they have fixed it, else I won't be very happy. If it's fixed, can't really fault a 5 day turn around

EDIT
Couldn't repair, so gave me a brand new unit. Well happy!!

EDIT 2
Turned out to be a refurb (new glass and back, reflashed??) which dies after a few days. As did the next refurb they sent. On my 3rd now (4th in total including the original), fingers crossed.........
Edited by: "Johnboy_1975" 4th Oct 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions