Groups

Html 1.1

I have created a site, but its in html 1.0!

I need it to pass validation in html 1.1

Whats the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

8 Comments

don't do html, go for xhtml which i think is html 1.1

the main difference is that stuff the
    in html is now

to validate to html 1.1. go to validator.w3.org and choose the html 1.1 validation from the drop menu

upload the file then you will be asked to choose different validation techniques, also remember to add the w3 validation information at the top of the html file
    this is necessary to validate

i always use html or xhtml strict

Original Poster

faevilangel;5100964

don't do html, go for xhtml which i think is html 1.1the main difference … don't do html, go for xhtml which i think is html 1.1the main difference is that stuff the in html is now to validate to html 1.1. go to http://validator.w3.org and choose the html 1.1 validation from the drop menuupload the file then you will be asked to choose different validation techniques, also remember to add the w3 validation information at the top of the html filethis is necessary to validatei always use html or xhtml strict

Yeah i need xhtml sorry - ive made the site - ran it through that validator and get errors? But the errors are like

Attribute "align" exists, but can not be used for this element.

Anyay around this?

Don't use "align" for that element? :$

vengod;5101010

Yeah i need xhtml sorry - ive made the site - ran it through that … Yeah i need xhtml sorry - ive made the site - ran it through that validator and get errors? But the errors are like Attribute "align" exists, but can not be used for this element.Anyay around this?

you need to use css not the html align methods

[url]www.w3schools.com/css[/url]

the xhtml doesn't allow the html targets e,g, border="0" etc as it needs to be done with the css

to get round this add to the item (e.g. an image) style="align:left / right / justify;"

choosing only one of those :lol:

Original Poster

Righto thanks, il try and give it a go

Original Poster

Cant seem to add an image onto the screen.

Ive got to go now though, il be back later to try and figure this out!.

Thanks

vengod;5101220

Cant seem to add an image onto the screen. Ive got to go now though, il … Cant seem to add an image onto the screen. Ive got to go now though, il be back later to try and figure this out!.Thanks

email me the html file and i will whip it into shape for ya :thumbsup:

Original Poster

faevilangel;5104585

email me the html file and i will whip it into shape for ya :thumbsup:

Il send you the website folder?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3881542
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1827
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2282
      4. word association Game72944196

See more discussions