Found 13th Apr 2011
Created a site (rebuild) in Dreamweaver.

Want it to work in IE.

I test it in IE and the images arent aligned, 2 out of the 3 images arte together, but 1 of them is stray.

When i test in Chrome, they are aligned?

How will i get this straggler aligned?

Could post pic?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

make sure you use 'px' after the numerical value of borders/spaces, don't thinkk you need to in chrome but ie needs them.

Original Poster

Will look into it, cheers

Original Poster

Can't see anything regarding "px"?

You got it uploaded to take a look at source code?

Original Poster

I think the problem lies with CSS.

(will paste code now)

Original Poster

Here is the source code:

scribd.com/doc…166 (small file)

Id like the content boxes to be aligned - cheers.

can you give the source for the css aswell please

it would be better to paste the css source, as that's where the problem will be, although you have 3 condiitonal IE css stylesheets that will most likely be affecting the page in IE.

Can you comment out the conditional style sheets to see if the problem goes away or stays the same?

It would also most likely help people here if you had the site online. Is it live anywhere?

Original Poster

milesy29

it would be better to paste the css source, as that's where the problem … it would be better to paste the css source, as that's where the problem will be, although you have 3 condiitonal IE css stylesheets that will most likely be affecting the page in IE.Can you comment out the conditional style sheets to see if the problem goes away or stays the same?It would also most likely help people here if you had the site online. Is it live anywhere?

Sorry, its not live anywhere. I will comment out the stylesheet now.

Original Poster

Commented the link to the styleshets out, the images disappeared and the text all aligned centre, 1 on top of another. (dunno if this is what you meant, sorry if not)

oh no, just the IE conditonal ones -

they start

IF IE6
IF IE7
IF IE8

The page should still diaplay the same in Chrome - then see what that looks like in IE

Original Poster

milesy29

oh no, just the IE conditonal ones - they start IF IE6IF IE7IF IE8The … oh no, just the IE conditonal ones - they start IF IE6IF IE7IF IE8The page should still diaplay the same in Chrome - then see what that looks like in IE

Ahh, will do.

Original Poster

It aligns!

But i lose background and a couple of design features.

You think the problem lies in therE?

yeah - something in those Conditional IE stylesheets are causing the problem - its really hard to help without seeing the site though.

Original Poster

Sorted it.

As i said it was a rebuild, I hadnt changed all the names over properly.

Thank you for taking time out to help me
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions