Groups
    EXPIRED

htp gs1-buying from usa!

If I were to purchase a Pioneer HTS-GS1 in the US, would I be able to use it in the UK if I rerwired the plug - i.e. is the internal PSU capable of taking the UK 240v rather than the US 110v, or do I HAVE to buy a unit here?

16 Comments

How much are yoyu planning to purchase for in the USA as they are £199.99 from play.com and also you may get hit by customs if you get from the USa

Presume you can use a USa model and just change the plug

Original Poster

how hard is it?
    well i won one second hand- £38.03

Original Poster

i missed out on a brand new one-i bid $125 and went for $127.50. but because the item is heavy, it will cost about 90 usd- £45 and if i do get hit with customs, im hoping it will be

Original Poster

small ie 17.50% of £83-about £15 and if theres a handling charge ie £12 thats still £95

Original Poster

bump!

Original Poster

bumppp

Original Poster

bump man!

Original Poster

bump plz

Original Poster

bump plz

Original Poster

where can i buy a step down adapter and what would be an appropriate one ie how many watts would i need it for?

i stil cant find a site selling it

Original Poster

i bought mine of ebay-2nd hand 38.03 and 45 pounds delivery!
    there are a few guys selling it brand new for $160 us dollars-81 pounds and £45 for delivery making it £126

Original Poster

where can i buy a step down adapter and what would be an appropriate one ie how many watts would i need it for?

roadie

where can i buy a step down adapter and what would be an appropriate one … where can i buy a step down adapter and what would be an appropriate one ie how many watts would i need it for?

Do a search for RS Catalogue. They have them for sure. Reckon about £35 for one.
    Not sure what it is you have bought but lots of electronics work on dual voltage nowadays. Camcorders/hairdryers/laptops etc. Worth checking. If it does, then changing the plug over will be Ok

]RS Catalogue

Maplin also springs to mind.

Original Poster

its a surround sound system mate ive added rep!

Just got one of these from America. Was on holiday and got it for $160 delivered and just brought it back with my luggage. All set up and am well chuffed with it!

Bought a step down adaptor from Maplins, was £29.99. the adaptor has a UK plug for me to plug into the wall and a US plug on the adaptor.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767497
      2. Bearded chat815
      3. What would be HELL to you?3358
      4. One for the mathmaticians2948

See more discussions