Do not buy anything from this company (Amazon seller ADMI Limited UK)

Posted 17th Feb
do not buy anything from this company they have swindled my autistic son out of £700 they have sent him a faulty computer that when switched on the power supply blew up and refuse to refund or replace the computer

amazon.co.uk/ADM…TF8
Community Updates
Top comments
The autism part is irrelevant. You have warranty / you have legal rights / you have consumer protection.
Contact amazon (your son needs to do this obv if he bought via his own amazon account).
19 Comments
I hope that you have reported this to Amazon. If you speak to Amazon on Chat they 'may' be able to help you with this..
Isn't there a sale of goods act that can help you with this??
Unless we're not getting the whole story here, I think you will find they cannot refuse. If it is a genuine fault then you have a statutory right that needs to be fulfilled. If you need extra guidance, try your local CAB (Citizens Advice) but in all fairness, you shouldn't need to go that far.

It would appear it was a 'seller' on Amazon and not "sold" by Amazon so I'm not sure how far they would get involved? Your issue is with ADMI who DO have an obligation to investigate. What are they telling you as the reason for refusing a warranty claim?

Seller states:

Seller Warranty Description
Our Platinum Protection Plan covers EVERY component in your PC against hardware faults for 3 Years from delivery date. Excluding: software issues or faults caused by accidental damage; repairs/modifications not performed by ADMI and damage incurred due to poor packaging upon return. Original packaging must be retained. Warranty, Labor: Our amazing warranty is unique to ADMI because we are the only PC seller that offers our customers an Extensive 3 Year warranty of labour cover with your PC, whether required for fixing faults or even installing future upgrades! This means that even if a fault develops after your 3 year parts cover period has expired, our engineers will still try and fix it for you, or at least, diagnose the cause and advise you of required component upgrades. You can then take advantage of our low component prices and have our expert technicians upgrade the PC for you.

Sounds like a good, valid 3yr warranty service so, to what grounds are they refusing?

More info would be great, like what actually happened? Did you unpack (from new) - connect it up, plug in and "pop" went the PSU? I can't see how they could refuse the claim (you would have been better served by telling them the PC was DOA) unless you've inadvertently told them something they can use to 'wiggle' out???

Hope to hear more from you redshel.

Best regards, Phsy.
The autism part is irrelevant. You have warranty / you have legal rights / you have consumer protection.
Contact amazon (your son needs to do this obv if he bought via his own amazon account).
Looking at the product reviews, I'm guessing you may be "Kindle customer" ? Some of their other customers seem very pleased (especially regarding their warranty service) and the only really negative review is where they say ADMI tried to pass the buck onto Amazon?

Hopefully you'll return and tell us exactly why they are refusing to honour the warranty agreement. I think this may shed light on the problem...
smashed20/02/2020 10:44

The autism part is irrelevant. You have warranty / you have legal rights / …The autism part is irrelevant. You have warranty / you have legal rights / you have consumer protection.Contact amazon (your son needs to do this obv if he bought via his own amazon account).

It is irrelevant if the company didn't know this when the pc was sold. However i've had numerous dealings with companies that try it on because my parents are old and they know this. Companies do prey on the vulnerable, not saying this is the case here but we don't know.
m1keyp1key20/02/2020 11:18

It is irrelevant if the company didn't know this when the pc was sold. …It is irrelevant if the company didn't know this when the pc was sold. However i've had numerous dealings with companies that try it on because my parents are old and they know this. Companies do prey on the vulnerable, not saying this is the case here but we don't know.

Agreed, I am making the assumption that "when switched on" meant when purchased.. but for all we know it could be 2 years later.
dgurr@amazon.com

Email this person, OP (it’s the Amazon UK Chief Executive) and it will be passed onto Executive Customer Relations. Stay factual, polite and don’t refer to them as “you” but as “Amazon”. They’ll likely investigate into ADMI, especially as they are blaming Amazon (unless Amazon is responsible of course due to the Prime delivery). Good luck.
smashed20/02/2020 11:21

Agreed, I am making the assumption that "when switched on" meant when …Agreed, I am making the assumption that "when switched on" meant when purchased.. but for all we know it could be 2 years later.

Lol very true. I too assumed on first boot up but it could any amount of time later.
Op just to confirm, this was a recent purchase and it went pop on first boot up? Also what was their reasoning for not replacing/refunding.
To be fair, the google reviews for the company suggest they have a habit of not assisting with faulty PC's.
Both google reviews and below..
resellerratings.com/sto…ted
m1keyp1key20/02/2020 11:34

Op just to confirm, this was a recent purchase and it went pop on first …Op just to confirm, this was a recent purchase and it went pop on first boot up? Also what was their reasoning for not replacing/refunding.

Don't expect a quick reply. It's the ops first comment in 8 years
chocci20/02/2020 16:14

Don't expect a quick reply. It's the ops first comment in 8 years

Wonder if they waited 8 years to switch the pc on and thats why the company don't want to know
Email Amazon, and if all else fails. then contact your payment issuer, your bank for a credit back on faulty goods. worse case.

if its paypal, get them involved too..

once u get sorted, keep pushing if u dont and dont give up.. when ur ready to purchase a decent PC come speak to me and ill sort u a very competive PC for your Sons needs,
This is the type of issue that Amazon will not tolerate under it A-Z guarantee. If the buyer / seller comms have been via Amazon messaging and the issue is as blunt as being stated without any other salient factors omitted, Amazon will review the comms and semi-immediately sort.
There's a recent example of Amazon not tolerating poor seller performance here: hotukdeals.com/dis…351
well i know that autism is not a factor in this but my autistic son got the computer last week he switched it on the same day and it started up and then died he rang the company they gave him instructions over the phone do this faff about with that etc, (i'm not tecchy you may have guessed) I then had to deal with the following panic and subsequent meltdown. As i have now found out the power supply has blown as i have had a computer engineer look at it so far the company is being reluctant but at least now i have had a response its not a satisfactory one but i am going to ring them tomorrow and see if i can sort something out whatever the outcome iv still got to get the sodding thing fixed or ship it to stoke on trent. Can you hear my eyes rolling
Phsycronix20/02/2020 10:50

Looking at the product reviews, I'm guessing you may be "Kindle customer" …Looking at the product reviews, I'm guessing you may be "Kindle customer" ? Some of their other customers seem very pleased (especially regarding their warranty service) and the only really negative review is where they say ADMI tried to pass the buck onto Amazon?Hopefully you'll return and tell us exactly why they are refusing to honour the warranty agreement. I think this may shed light on the problem...

thats what they are doing to him
With out sounding condescending redshel, you seem to be going about this all wrong. Well, from your description of events, that's how it sounds but I will explain my comment:

I'm really sorry to hear of the distress caused to your Son but; of course; we here online have no idea to the "extent" of your Son's autism. If he isn't fully capable of phoning a company and sorting out this sort of issue, why was he trying to rather than letting you handle it? I know there are many 'levels' of autism so I cannot blame ADMI in the first instance as A) they too have no idea (unless he pointed it out) that they are dealing with someone autistic and B) they probably get; on a daily basis; customers who have problems with PC's and it's a simple fix. They needed to 'test' the water so more than likely got your Son to do some basic checks first.

Please don't take this as a 'slight' on you or your Son's character. Believe me when I say I've had my fair share of customers who 'jumped the gun' on seemingly faulty products. As a CS employee for warranty claims at an electrical store many moons ago, I even had someone bring a VHS recorder back (yes, THAT old!) saying it doesn't work. I plugged it in - turned it on and Bingo! - everything was fine. They then proceeded to ask "Ohhhh - you have to plug it in???" I'm really not kidding you. True story. So, the point I'm trying to make is that ALL retailers - to a certain degree - will treat customers with a level of 'incredulity' until they can ascertain your level of competency.

If you yourself haven't actually spoken with them yet, I think you will have a better experience. Being able to convey the issue perhaps in a better way so they understand that the unit was faulty from the outset? Out of interest, how did they leave it with your Son? Were you privy to the conversation at all or did your Son just tell you what happened? Perhaps the "story" has been relayed (or understood) incorrectly?

I can understand you wishing to do right by your Son (we all would) and trying to ease a meltdown is a high priority but it really isn't your requirement to get an 'engineer' to look at the PC. I hope you didn't pay for this service and would like to think maybe you got it looked at for free or by a relative in the industry? It is ADMI's responsibility - whether they like it or not. Do not do anything else with it until you have spoken with them. As to the return cost, I would absolutely insist that they cover the cost of return as this is a DOA (dead on arrival) unit - i.e. it never functioned from the beginning. Depending on what has already been told to them, I would suggest explaining that it was plugged in - no lights came on or any screen activity - just a pop/crack and a burning smell. This will immediately relate to them that it is a power supply issue.

I do hope you kept the packaging it came in? Send via a courier (unless they do a RTB collection service) and keep a record of sending and cost. These may be required as evidence for reimbursement by ADMI. Stick to your guns redshel, as this seems an open and shut warranty case. It just sounds as if emotions have run high, lines have gotten crossed and a simple thing has turned into a complicated one. One which I feel a simple call from yourself will rectify. Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Wishing you (and your Son) all the best, Phsy.
we took it to a chap who builds computers last night and low and behold the feckin thing started up we sat there for 20 mins watching the pretty lights and then it packed up again and refused to turn on again so not the power supply, he said that this was an easy mistake to make and that the most probable cause is the graphics card which is the most expensive bit and he got on the phone to amazon explained the situation and it is being sent back today, as for my son his autism is not so bad for him you wouldn't really notice it unless you had a long conversation with him, which he doesn't tend to do because he says people are weird but he takes things that are said to him very literally, this becomes a problem when he has to deal with people that are trying to mislead him and spout terms and conditions at him because his brain has a bit of trouble processing and translating it immediately, then consequently he gets very irritated and frustrated that people just don't say what they mean he has accepted that he has bought a wrongun and we hope he can get a refund he doesn't want a replacement as he has been stung by this firm. It happens to people all the time he understands that but he is still annoyed by it. Just don't buy anything from this firm they are not worth a rub.
redshel25/02/2020 14:04

we took it to a chap who builds computers last night and low and behold …we took it to a chap who builds computers last night and low and behold the feckin thing started up we sat there for 20 mins watching the pretty lights and then it packed up again and refused to turn on again so not the power supply, he said that this was an easy mistake to make and that the most probable cause is the graphics card which is the most expensive bit and he got on the phone to amazon explained the situation and it is being sent back today, as for my son his autism is not so bad for him you wouldn't really notice it unless you had a long conversation with him, which he doesn't tend to do because he says people are weird but he takes things that are said to him very literally, this becomes a problem when he has to deal with people that are trying to mislead him and spout terms and conditions at him because his brain has a bit of trouble processing and translating it immediately, then consequently he gets very irritated and frustrated that people just don't say what they mean he has accepted that he has bought a wrongun and we hope he can get a refund he doesn't want a replacement as he has been stung by this firm. It happens to people all the time he understands that but he is still annoyed by it. Just don't buy anything from this firm they are not worth a rub.

Thanks for updating the thread, redshel. I'm really pleased to hear you have made progress towards a resolution. It's quite difficult to understand why Amazon are getting 'directly' involved when it is ADMI's responsibility but; honestly; who cares, right? As long as you are getting a result - that's all that matters.

It's also interesting to note that your initial fault diagnosis wasn't quite "on the money" (which incidentally makes the 'review' left on Amazon incorrect) but is a possible component failure. This; of course; means that it may have worked also when powered up by ADMI and then passed for shipment - only to fail upon arrival. So; perhaps; not quite their fault? They; in turn; don't know this as I assume you haven't felt the need to contact them directly.

It's very easy to misunderstand my comment(s) as if I'm defending them but I just feel that; under the circumstances; they are being vilified unnecessarily. If they were given the chance to investigate and rectify the issue, I'm certain they would have. They won't get that chance now so it seems "harsh" to label them as a company to be avoided. I would certainly agree that; from your viewpoint; "once bitten - twice shy" might apply! I can also quite understand that any conversation between your Son and ADMI would have been a challenging one with his 'irritability' possibly being transposed towards the CS employee. It must have been frustrating for them both.

Please do keep us abreast of the outcome. I hope it's a satisfactory one. For an alternative supplier of PC's, may I suggest CCL? They do have a good reputation, can build custom units and have a low cost warranty option of coming to you rather than returning to them if there are any issues. They won't be as 'cheap' as ADMI however but there might be a specification to suit your/his budget.

cclonline.com/

They also have "live chat" if you have any questions - which is handy. I used them many years ago to buy components for a "self build" and that PC is still going strong today. I know that doesn't mean much but their service was very good and everything came well packaged.

Oh well. That's it for now. Wishing both you and your Son well.

Regards, Phsy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants