Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

https://www.wardow.com - Any good ?

Posted 15th Dec 2019
Was looking to order the missus a hand bag for Christmas from Zalando . Searched Google and Wardow has it for nearly £100 cheaper . The other sites all seem to have the smae price .
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Trust Pilot is a bit mixed and I don't really trust it
The website was registered in Germany on 9/6/2004.
The returns address in Germany is a large unit on a purpose built retail park.
Unless a member specifically tells you to avoid, I would pay by PayPal or Credit Card (depending on value) for added protection.
Toptrumpet15/12/2019 18:40

The website was registered in Germany on 9/6/2004. The returns address in …The website was registered in Germany on 9/6/2004. The returns address in Germany is a large unit on a purpose built retail park.Unless a member specifically tells you to avoid, I would pay by PayPal or Credit Card (depending on value) for added protection.

What website do you use to check website registration information?
nrackham7615/12/2019 18:45

What website do you use to check website registration information?

I do two checks using
Whois.com to see when and where the website was registered and then Scamadviser.com for a broader overview, don’t just check the trust rating.... read all the report and gauge the negatives against the positives.
A scam website usually has hidden registrant details, being run out of two or more countries and only registered for a 12 month period before it expires.
I then look at the website for spelling errors and returns policy (for clear cut and paste terminology, or items that the vendor is not selling being included) and then look at the contact us section.
If the website doesn’t show a clear address for returns or their Head Office, I think that’s a red flag because when I buy something I want transparency in who I’m sending my money to.
And the other thing I do, if they show a Facebook or twitter icon - if you click on it and nothing happens...... Avoid.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 15th Dec 2019
Toptrumpet15/12/2019 18:54

I do two checks using Whois.com to see when and where the website was …I do two checks using Whois.com to see when and where the website was registered and then Scamadviser.com for a broader overview, don’t just check the trust rating.... read all the report and gauge the negatives against the positives. A scam website usually has hidden registrant details, being run out of two or more countries and only registered for a 12 month period before it expires.I then look at the website for spelling errors and returns policy (for clear cut and paste terminology, or items (that the vendor is not selling being included) and then look at the contact us section.If the website doesn’t show a clear address for returns or their Head Office, I think that’s a red flag because when I buy something I want transparency in who I’m sending my money to.And the other thing I do, if they show a Facebook or twitter icon - if you click on it and nothing happens...... Avoid.

Thank you very much
Fairys_Burn_Things15/12/2019 18:27

Trust Pilot is a bit mixed and I don't really trust it

Maybe check if the merchant is shifting the required item via its Amazon store; the Amazon A-Z guarantee for its marketplace sellers is usually pretty solid.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants