H/U: Toys R Us Autism Friendly and additional needs exclusive shopping event

Found 10th Nov 2014
bit of a heads up...

On November 30th every Toys R Us store in the UK will be holding an Autism Friendly and additional needs exclusive shopping event!! With reduced fluorescent lighting, no loud music or tannoy announcements and all staff provided with some parent led autism awareness training this should be a wonderful chance to enjoy some Christmas shopping with our children! This event is exclusively for parents with additional needs children.

The store will be open 9.am till 11am with tills opening at 11am due to Sunday trading restrictions. Staff will make sure there is quick efficient access to tills for payment or offer to hold trolleys till an appropriate time if you wish to pop out and return to pay.

Of course everyone is welcome to come along just browse and play!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
10 Comments
More shops should do events like this
I've seen this advertised on lots of social media groups (just copied word for word!) but can't find any official confirmation from toys r us.
Anyone else?
great idea ,more stores should follow
allpinknsparkly

I've seen this advertised on lots of social media groups (just copied … I've seen this advertised on lots of social media groups (just copied word for word!) but can't find any official confirmation from toys r us.Anyone else?

I was thinking this too, I'm hoping I'm wrong but could just be hoax :-(

This event is exclusively for parents with additional needs children.

Of course everyone is welcome to come along just browse and play!

Quite a few people commenting about this on Toys R Us Facebook page, I think the best thing you can do s contact them yourself and state which store you like to visit to see if they participating. There are also other events on too blog.toysrus.co.uk/kid…ts/
I've just rang my local Toys R Us Derbyshire and they confirm they are doing this
This is a great thing Toys R Us are doing. Thanks for sharing OP.
Great idea is there another one before Christmas ?
Alan654321

Great idea is there another one before Christmas ?

We have great ideas all the time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants