Huawei

Found 23rd Dec 2017
looking at huawei p10 plus is it worth £449
thank you in advance
Community Updates
AskElectronics
14 Comments
Not to me personally it's not, but everyone has their own ideas of value and what something is worth!
Original Poster
Dyslexic_Dog58 s ago

Not to me personally it's not, but everyone has their own ideas of value …Not to me personally it's not, but everyone has their own ideas of value and what something is worth!

Do you know if its good phone mate?
Sorry, I've no idea but I can't see the point paying more than £200 for a phone as they all do the same thing to a certain extent.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 23rd Dec 2017
I hve a p8 lite for my business which ive bin really impressed with and incant stand android. People tell me its further dwn the line that droid handsets turn to garbage but so far its been a great phone for the price
I bought p10 for 500 pound previously. A bit dumb of me. Should have more look around. But I must say I love p10 so much. P10 plus is better in terms of screen and camera. Bet you will love it as well.
32894872-9B7JO.jpg
Original Poster
123batman32110 h, 39 m ago

I hve a p8 lite for my business which ive bin really impressed with and …I hve a p8 lite for my business which ive bin really impressed with and incant stand android. People tell me its further dwn the line that droid handsets turn to garbage but so far its been a great phone for the price

Cheers mate
Original Poster
Dronelover10 h, 7 m ago

I bought p10 for 500 pound previously. A bit dumb of me. Should have more …I bought p10 for 500 pound previously. A bit dumb of me. Should have more look around. But I must say I love p10 so much. P10 plus is better in terms of screen and camera. Bet you will love it as well. [Image]

Cheers mate I really like the look of it
knighty1YNWA12 m ago

Cheers mate I really like the look of it

The camera mode is fun to play with. That picture was taken using the phone. Auto mode star trail. But in the end it really depends on whether the phone is compatible for you or not. It is all based on the fact of what do you want in a phone. Xiaomi mi 6 and one plus 5 is good choice as well. Xiaomi A1 is decent for standard user. Honor is an honourable mention. I am a big fan of the note but cannot justify the price point. Even 500 quid for a phone is expensive to me and I consider myself as dumb..
I too have a P10 as my 1st Android device. It’s not a bad phone, but it has some foibles about it related to the software. I got mine from Gumtree for £230. I’d say it’s worht no more than that. Given the choice again, I probably go for a Samsung/Moto/OnePlus etc.
£500 is way to high imho, but it really come down to what you perceive to want to pay
Original Poster
greycounciller3 h, 7 m ago

I too have a P10 as my 1st Android device. It’s not a bad phone, but it h …I too have a P10 as my 1st Android device. It’s not a bad phone, but it has some foibles about it related to the software. I got mine from Gumtree for £230. I’d say it’s worht no more than that. Given the choice again, I probably go for a Samsung/Moto/OnePlus etc.£500 is way to high imho, but it really come down to what you perceive to want to pay

How do you mean software issues mate
Original Poster
Dronelover6 h, 36 m ago

The camera mode is fun to play with. That picture was taken using the …The camera mode is fun to play with. That picture was taken using the phone. Auto mode star trail. But in the end it really depends on whether the phone is compatible for you or not. It is all based on the fact of what do you want in a phone. Xiaomi mi 6 and one plus 5 is good choice as well. Xiaomi A1 is decent for standard user. Honor is an honourable mention. I am a big fan of the note but cannot justify the price point. Even 500 quid for a phone is expensive to me and I consider myself as dumb..

I was looking at the honor 9 as well mate
knighty1YNWA2 h, 54 m ago

How do you mean software issues mate

My biggest bugbear with this phone is a feature called "Magazine Unlock" which shows a picture everyone you open the phone. It's an annoying thing that can't be disabled. Messes with "Next" lockscreen. Also, the emoji's have a style that is not as normal emoji's. Hard to find what you would normally use. And custom ringtones can't be selected differently for every app.
The camera is ok though and I really like the B&W photos it produces.
Original Poster
greycounciller14 h, 4 m ago

My biggest bugbear with this phone is a feature called "Magazine Unlock" …My biggest bugbear with this phone is a feature called "Magazine Unlock" which shows a picture everyone you open the phone. It's an annoying thing that can't be disabled. Messes with "Next" lockscreen. Also, the emoji's have a style that is not as normal emoji's. Hard to find what you would normally use. And custom ringtones can't be selected differently for every app.The camera is ok though and I really like the B&W photos it produces.

Seems like it might not be worth the asking price mate and happy Christmas
greycounciller24th Dec

I too have a P10 as my 1st Android device. It’s not a bad phone, but it h …I too have a P10 as my 1st Android device. It’s not a bad phone, but it has some foibles about it related to the software. I got mine from Gumtree for £230. I’d say it’s worht no more than that. Given the choice again, I probably go for a Samsung/Moto/OnePlus etc.£500 is way to high imho, but it really come down to what you perceive to want to pay

If it's your first Android phone then why do you think you would be better off with a Samsung/Moto or Oneplus?

I and a few others I know think that the Samsung is really awful to use. It's just really badly altered from the stock Android, but some people seem to think the screen and camera make up for it.

I haven't tried Moto or Oneplus so I can't say whether they are any better or worse.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions