Huawei B5252 4G Slow Speeds

Posted 3rd May
Hi,

I recently purchased a Huawei B525 and the speeds are extremely slow compared to when the sim is in my Note 8. I've tried with a couple networks and both are much slower.

EE:
Note8 120-150MB
B525 3-15MB

3:
Note8 40-60MB
B525 3-10MB

Can anyone advise as to how I can fix this? I've also tried factory reset of the router and moving it around the house.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Possibly interference with a neighbour's WiFi, try changing the channel on your router.
That's strange, do you have a good signal strength on your B525? maybe ithe internal aerial is faulty.
My B525 gives me a stronger signal and better speeds than when the sim's in my Xiaomi phone.
Try connecting your laptop to it with the supplied ethernet cable in case you are getting interference as previously mentioned above, also try connecting to the router with 5g Wifi and be in the same room as the router.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 3rd May
You're not comparing signal on a phone to signal on a phone via wifi are you. Typically Wifi is slower than a direct connection , wired on a pc or direct on a phone.
You need to go on web to make sure it is not set on external aerial.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd tried a couple already such as being in the same room as the router, using 5ghz.
Regarding the aerial - 2 twist on aerials were included. Is the recommended to use these? I've tried with and without and made no difference. Also I assume the settings to use external aerial should be set if using them?

It did suddenly show LTE+ and had speeds of 100mb+ but when I restarted it went back to LTE and ~10MB.
Yes you need to go on web program to set,although probably by sound of it won’t make any difference,good luck sorry wasn’t more help.
F1N103/05/2020 18:48

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd tried a couple already such as being in …Thanks for the suggestions. I'd tried a couple already such as being in the same room as the router, using 5ghz.Regarding the aerial - 2 twist on aerials were included. Is the recommended to use these? I've tried with and without and made no difference. Also I assume the settings to use external aerial should be set if using them?It did suddenly show LTE+ and had speeds of 100mb+ but when I restarted it went back to LTE and ~10MB.

To access the setting for the antenna type your IP into a web browser when connected to the network. For Huawei typically 192.168.8.1 then antenna should be under network settings.

One of the better explanation videos on YouTube.

Have a look in the mobile search settings, if it's set to automatic then change it to 4G only.
If that doesn't work try it on 3G and see if you get better speeds, I have returned 3x Huawei routers to Three because of this issue with them
Thanks All. Had tired setting to 4G only and changing antenna settings which didn't make a difference. I was able to arrrange a return via eBay.

I received a TP-Link MR600 today which is much better. Connects to 4G+ straight away and much better speeds. Possible an issue with the unit I received.
Edited by: "F1N1" 4th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions