Huawei fast charge

Found 17th Feb
Anyone know what charger I need to fast charge my honor 8? I got an Anker fast charger in the car (which worked with my s7 edge)and a Qualcomm fast charger in work (also worked with the s7) but neither appear to fast charge, only trickle charge. Only my official Huawei charger appears to work.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
7 Comments
Hazard a guess that you answered your own question there.
Original Poster
What about the car though? Official again?
Only the official charger and official USB cable will give you "SuperCharge"
JBAUERBEATSJBOND5 h, 31 m ago

What about the car though? Official again?

Would got risk your phone with a fast charger that is pumping out a high output but is untested and advised against using?
mrty32 m ago

Would got risk your phone with a fast charger that is pumping out a high …Would got risk your phone with a fast charger that is pumping out a high output but is untested and advised against using?

It doesn't work like that.

In that metaphor the charger providers a water source and a variety of different sized pipes with different fittings. The fitting on the smallest pipe can be connected to by every device, but larger ones are often manufacturer specific.

Unless your phone and charger support the same fitting for a larger pipe then no electricity will flow and it'll use the small pipe instead.

The Huawei website says it uses 9V/2A which suggests it's either USB Power Delivery or Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, 3.0 or 4. Or it may be some custom variant which only works with their charger to annoy customers boost accessory sales.
EndlessWaves25 m ago

It doesn't work like that.In that metaphor the charger providers a water …It doesn't work like that.In that metaphor the charger providers a water source and a variety of different sized pipes with different fittings. The fitting on the smallest pipe can be connected to by every device, but larger ones are often manufacturer specific.Unless your phone and charger support the same fitting for a larger pipe then no electricity will flow and it'll use the small pipe instead. The Huawei website says it uses 9V/2A which suggests it's either USB Power Delivery or Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, 3.0 or 4. Or it may be some custom variant which only works with their charger to annoy customers boost accessory sales.

So you're effectively song you could hardwire your phone to a 12v car battery and it would, because of your lead and the phones capacity, only allow 9v/2amp to pass into the phone without risk?
mrty1 h, 40 m ago

So you're effectively song you could hardwire your phone to a 12v car …So you're effectively song you could hardwire your phone to a 12v car battery and it would, because of your lead and the phones capacity, only allow 9v/2amp to pass into the phone without risk?

No, I'm specifically talking about USB connections.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions