Posted 18 July 2022

Huawei Genuine Phone Battery Replacement £24.90, eligible phones only @ Huawei

My Huawei Mate 20 Pro is almost 4 years old and the battery isn't great anymore. I have yet to find a replacement and tempted by deals here. But I found out this great promo from Huawei that will replace the phone's battery for only £24.90 (discounted from £59 and it was previously on offer for £39).

You need to check if the promotion is available for you by providing the phone's serial number.

90 days Huawei official warranty for battery replacement.

consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/huawei-care/battery-replacement-service/
Community Updates
New Comment

37 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Battery replacement for my mate 20 pro comes up at £59 :/

Replying to

I'd imagine that it's a precaution from Huawei to stop people complaining that they've lost data because of the battery replacement, but it's more likely about personal privacy / GDPR?

I'd just extract any files I wanted to keep before sending it back and then wipe it (still have some Mate 20X files on here, actually!).
    That's even better than November's deal.

Weirdly, I sent mine (Mate 20X) and boyf's (Mate 20 Pro) back at the same time, different packages. Huawei took the money and then refunded me - for both?

Mine was still in warranty as I was able to do the warranty extension (I'd redeemed a few) at the time, but boyf's was out of warranty - so I'm still not sure why I was given refunds. But I'm not complaining!

Sold the Mate 20X with a new case and screen protector but I still kinda miss it.

Replying to

Yes, I remember packing them up and labelling them. They get returned by the same courier, if I remember right.

Same sort of thing that happens with any manufacturer warranty repair I've done (not many, mind you). (edited)
    90 days warranty is utterly farcical compared to the 730 days battery warranty provided for a new product from same source stated here,
    which coupled to a generally-accepted reasonable life cycle count expectancy of minimum 500+ should make an easy CRA claim against the Berkshire-based company if the replacement battery has notably degraded within say 15months.
    Author
    Why is this a discussion? It is a deal.

11551796861658184097.jpg (edited)
    It was a Deal post back in November 2021 (think there was one in Discussions around the same time - I only found out about it through HUKD chatter on a thread) hotukdeals.com/dea…363
    Would have added heat. Thanks OP
    Author
    DHL collected my phone today, I will report when I get it back
    Author
    My phone came back today but was delivered at my working place, I have to wait until Thursday to get it as I am working from home.
    They have changed the battery the same day as it has arrived to the service centre. If you book a collection for Monday, you are likely to have it back before the weekend. (edited)

Replying to

Thanks very much - I've scheduled for Monday morning
    One week turnaround and do you need to backup the phone before sending?
    Author
    I sent mine on Thursday and it was returned on Tuesday. If you plan a collection on Monday, likely to return by end of the week.
    I took a backup but I think is not that useful, maybe just for photos video if you don't upload them to the cloud already. (edited)
    Great deal. As it looks like this is on for a while, may do it later since my battery isn't too bad.
    Author
    I don't know for how long the phone will still receive updates, so I preferred to change it now.
    Author
    , apologies for the undirected mentioning but do you know, by any chance, why this is not a deal?
    Time for battery replacement on my good old mate 20x. I won't bother with postal service and data backup though. Just pop into their Wembley repair centre. They normally do it within half an hour while you wait
    Author
    I wish I could have done that, but I am not in London. I am not sure if they still reset it though
    My mate 20 Pro still lasts a day so not sure it's really worth me changing it.
    Has anyone who has had the replacement done any checks on accubattery or similar? Mine is showing as 86% capacity after replacement?
    Author
    I don't use that app normally, I have installed it and capacity shown on the health tab. So I can't really tell. So far. The new battery holds charge well and it is faster to recharge.
's avatar