Posted 7th May 2022
Had this since pretty much launch, but battery isnt what it used to be.

Love the camera and its probably my main use after the usual browsing and social media stuff. Tried Google but it's just s22 ultra and 13 Pro max, which are well out of my £30 pm price bracket, so are there any comparable androids out there with decent cameras and up to £40 pm? Generally use 15gb a month max.

There's so many phones now that sound good but user reviews aren't great. Tried EE upgrade but there doesn't seem to be any loyalty discount for long term customers. Like the look of the pixel Pro but it's up there with apple and Samsung prices.

Many thanks.
3931253-7wbEz.jpg3931253-emUCe.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    If you want to prolong it a bit longer then why not send it in to the Huawei service centre for a new battery, do it via the my Huawei app on your phone, think it's £59.
  2. Avatar
    I'm also sticking with mine for now too, nothing really catches my eye, and tbh I got this cheap, my usual budget is £100-200 so there's no way I can get anything better near this price, besides I still have warranty until September and the replacement battery price isn't too bad.

I also agree it's a shame no google play on the new ones, I'll probably go back to Xiaomi but whilst the phones were great I never found the camera too good but that was a few years back. (edited)
  3. Avatar
    There is another thread of someone wanting a replacement for a huawei p30 pro (very similar to mate 20 pro) - the bottom line is that there's yet to be any phones released that are an upgrade from either of these. If you're willing to drop £700-1000 you can get a Samsung that's comparable.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Mr.Plow07/05/2022 17:26

If you want to prolong it a bit longer then why not send it in to the …If you want to prolong it a bit longer then why not send it in to the Huawei service centre for a new battery, do it via the my Huawei app on your phone, think it's £59.

Didn't think it would be that cheap! Will look into it thanks

razo07/05/2022 18:12

There is another thread of someone wanting a replacement for a huawei p30 …There is another thread of someone wanting a replacement for a huawei p30 pro (very similar to mate 20 pro) - the bottom line is that there's yet to be any phones released that are an upgrade from either of these. If you're willing to drop £700-1000 you can get a Samsung that's comparable.

Ah I searched mate 20 pro and that thread didn't come up.

Really thought there'd be a decent budgetish android with a super camera. Shame the newer huawei models don't have Google app store. (edited)
  5. Avatar
    I went from the Mate 20 Pro to the Samsung Note 20 Ultra about 18 months ago. I didn't want to upgrade but I smashed the screen on the Huawei and the cost to repair it, even doing it myself, was not viable unfortunately or I would have. I still have the phone in a drawer and the battery on mine is great still, if you want to donate me your screen when your done that would be great

Not sure what price you can get the Note 20 for but it's a decent phone. Battery isn't as good as the Mate 20 Pro though in my opinion, Samsung battery's generally aren't great. It's older now so maybe it is cheaper although when I got it new near its launch it was a ridiculous price and way over priced. Maybe there is a few older S models, like the 20 or something that might be a bit of an upgrade.
Top Merchants