Huawei Mate 30 pro Vs Asus rog phone 2

Posted 19th Sep
What's your opinions all?

I was hoping for at least a 90hz screen from the mate 30 pro, but nothing has been mentioned so I guess we're stuck with 60.

Nice cameras, but nothing revolutionary overall.

I'm torn, as I enjoy taking photos with my wife's p30, but the Asus is really taking my fancy with its huge 120hz screen and big battery.....

What does the HDUK crowd have to say?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
If you enjoy taking pictures than go for the Huawei. Pretty safe to say it's camera will be better than the p30 pro & that's superb
I was keep an eye out for the Mate 30 Pro, and really keen to get it, however the Play store and lack of Google apps issues is a problem for me, unless there is a solution to that then I don't think I would purchase it.

The other problem that I can see is that maybe banking apps might not work on it?

If they can sort it out, I would be in the queue to purchase one, until they do I'm not interested.
Just remember, there will be NO Google apps pre-loaded on the Mate 30 - and the Google Play Store side-loaded fails to install from the latest apk.

Something to think about.
bbc.co.uk/new…376
MrWhosTheBoss just dropped an initial impressions video with his limited time with the phone. Check it out of you like

The ROG2 phone sounds incredible. The refresh rate and battery life are game changers here. Even has a wide angle camera, which is fantastic to play with.

Should set future precedence for mobile phones.

If I wasn't already in contract, ROG2 would be the one for me, considering all the Google issues with Huawei.
Edited by: "darkstryder360" 24th Sep
Yea, at the moment, the hassle to get the Google apps onto the mate 30 is a real pain. I'm not a fan of the waterfall display either...
The Mi 9t/pro can have it's screen overclocked to 75hz or maybe higher so that's a cheaper option possibly.
StonkwellBogtrotter19/09/2019 19:09

Just remember, there will be NO Google apps pre-loaded on the Mate 30 - …Just remember, there will be NO Google apps pre-loaded on the Mate 30 - and the Google Play Store side-loaded fails to install from the latest apk.Something to think about.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49754376

I believe the Play Store acts as a system app and needs to be flashed in order to install. Android Authority posted a video on how to get around this.

youtube.com/wat…p00
M0nk3h25/09/2019 10:04

I believe the Play Store acts as a system app and needs to be flashed in …I believe the Play Store acts as a system app and needs to be flashed in order to install. Android Authority posted a video on how to get around this.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn1pH-O3p00

I saw another video mention that it's now a 5 min job to get the google apps on there, which is great. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how much we can get either phone for over here (If they ever get here!)
Well the rog phone 2 is now available via Asus UK store for £825.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants