Posted 6 May 2022

Huawei P30 Pro, Upgrade

Hi all, I have the p30 pro (original version) and would like to upgrade, sim free would be best.

Google services/pay, wireless charging, fingerprint/face unlock

something like the p30 pro, but faster/better spec.

what would you recommend please?

many thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can't upgrade from the p30 pro as such - the best new phones are about on par with it. Plenty of people say it's the best phone ever made - I wouldn't go that far but it's nearly true.

The Moto edge 20 pro is about the same as the p30 pro in speed and battery life, but it has an arguably worse screen, and definitely worse camera than the p30 pro.
    There is no upgrade worth making from the P30 Pro. I tried the Galaxy S22 Ultra 12Gb version and was not impressed at all.
    There is no upgrade stick with what you have.
    You won't be able to have a substantial upgrade. You could get 4k60fps and 8k24fps video recording, 5G, WiFi 6. The battery on your P30 Pro is probably degraded by quite a bit now. I think the Poco F4 GT is a good candidate but it does not have wireless charging, and depending on your budget the Xiaomi 12 or Xiaomi 12 Pro might have all the bells and whistles that you're after
    Op8 pro 12/256 was/is £399 from OnePlus direct.
    Does all that but having not used a p30pro can't tell you if camera any better.
    You forgot to mention MrSwitch, speak of him and he shall appear
    Author
    @MrSwitch, what would you recommend please?

I have been looking at the moto edge 20 pro deal, but no wireless charging is putting me off a little
    I've just moved from a P30 pro to an S22 ultra and don't really notice much difference yet. I've not got into the camera side yet and won't use the ultra to its full potential but it was about the only phone I thought worth moving to. 5g will likely be the only 'upgrade' I'll notice.

Ps - if you use the dual sim settings daily like I do, the s22 is a backwards step in functions / control, almost enough for me to return and stick with the p30 (except work pays me an allowance to cover the phone) (edited)
    a666andy07/05/2022 13:22

I've just moved from a P30 pro to an S22 ultra and don't really notice …I've just moved from a P30 pro to an S22 ultra and don't really notice much difference yet. I've not got into the camera side yet and won't use the ultra to its full potential but it was about the only phone I thought worth moving to. 5g will likely be the only 'upgrade' I'll notice.Ps - if you use the dual sim settings daily like I do, the s22 is a backwards step in functions / control, almost enough for me to return and stick with the p30 (except work pays me an allowance to cover the phone)

I have the same experience. I am getting around 30-36 hours battery from the Ultra by switching off 5G, keeping the screen at 60Hz refresh, etc. Plus, Samsung stupidly doesn't allow more than one user profile on the phone; I used this a lot on the P30 Pro as I have some financial services with multiple accounts and logging in & out does not work well. The camera is good though.
    razo07/05/2022 05:38

You can't upgrade from the p30 pro as such - the best new phones are about …You can't upgrade from the p30 pro as such - the best new phones are about on par with it. Plenty of people say it's the best phone ever made - I wouldn't go that far but it's nearly true.The Moto edge 20 pro is about the same as the p30 pro in speed and battery life, but it has an arguably worse screen, and definitely worse camera than the p30 pro.

I went from the p30 pro to s21 U, I paid around £270 for the p30 pro and £900 + my p30 pro for my s21 U 256gb.

I had Instant regret. Outside the dual speakers, 120hz screen and brighter display. The p30 pro was a much better deal.

Samsung's 21 range was rubbish and I am disappointed daily with my s21 U, from battery to hang ups etc.

I don't know which phone to recommend but for me. I think the s21 U maybe my last Samsung phone for a very long time.

But that's if you have a £1k budget. (edited)
    kos1c07/05/2022 18:41

I went from the p30 pro to s21 U, I paid around £270 for the p30 pro and …I went from the p30 pro to s21 U, I paid around £270 for the p30 pro and £900 + my p30 pro for my s21 U 256gb. I had Instant regret. Outside the dual speakers, 120hz screen and brighter display. The p30 pro was a much better deal. Samsung's 21 range was rubbish and I am disappointed daily with my s21 U, from battery to hang ups etc. I don't know which phone to recommend but for me. I think the s21 U maybe my last Samsung phone for a very long time.But that's if you have a £1k budget.

I went to the same phone from a P20 Pro, and paid about £600 for the 21u. Still wasn't impressed!
    Morning, thread revival! Any up to date thoughts of what to upgrade Huawei p30 pro? Im due an upgrade so any thoughts appreciated. Thanks
    Author
    I tried the Xiaomi 12t pro and the black shark 4 pro. I kept the black shark in the end
's avatar