Huawei P8 Lite or Sony Xperia XA?

16 replies
Found 20th Dec 2016
Hi,
I'm looking at getting my daughter a new phone. She has started secondary school, and whilst I was resistant to her having a phone at all, it's unfortunately necessary when she's travelling around on her own. Obviously everyone has smart phones (which is useful as I use a tracking app). She's been managing up to now with my old LG Optimus 4X HD, which has a great spec on paper, but is now running far too slowly and eating battery.

There seems little point getting a phone with a lower spec, so I've come down to a choice between Huawei P8 Lite and Sony Xperia XA. We're all on BT, so using EE, if that makes any difference. She would like to put games on it (I'm trying to avoid that!), but mostly she uses it for WhatsApp.

Thanks very much

16 Comments

both pretty decent tbh, my wife had the p8 lite coming from an iPhone 5c and really liked it. she went back to an iPhone 6s but actually prefers the huawei

the p8 is available from carphone warehouse unlocked for about £90 at the moment
Edited by: "waynehardy" 20th Dec 2016

Huawei p9 lite much better than p8 lite can be bought for 129.99 stay away from the sony battery life terrible

p9 lite much better than the p8 lite stay away from the sony battery life terrible

129.99 is price at ee stores I picked one up for that price and got free beats by dre headphones worth £100

129.99 is price at ee stores I picked one up for that price and got free beats by dre headphones

Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. The P8 is £135 at Carphone Warehouse. Is it available for £90 instore? I was working on the basis that I would get it from Vodafone but I'm having trouble finding any local stock.

Where can I can the P9 lite for £129.99? Is that plus topup?

Thanks

leafytrees

Thanks for the responses. The P8 is £135 at Carphone Warehouse. Is it … Thanks for the responses. The P8 is £135 at Carphone Warehouse. Is it available for £90 instore? I was working on the basis that I would get it from Vodafone but I'm having trouble finding any local stock.Where can I can the P9 lite for £129.99? Is that plus topup?Thanks

EE instore , hotukdeals.com/dea…e=1

I have one and its great and you are on EE so no need to unlock, but would do it anyhow as it ups the resale value

If you dont want to search the shops its available for £189 with the beats headphones , flog them on ebay or another pressie for your lass.... ee.co.uk/sea…hop

Did see a couple on here for sale at £130 as new ...

Edited by: "mfactor" 20th Dec 2016

darrenriordan

129.99 is price at ee stores I picked one up for that price and got free … 129.99 is price at ee stores I picked one up for that price and got free beats by dre headphones worth £100

​did you only pay £129 to get free headphones as I saw that deal xx

I have the p8 lite do not buy it. It's not even 6months old I barely use it and the battery dies everyday!!! It's so annoying always having a dead phone. The Sony's battery's r meant to be better u can compare both phones

yes but this was about a month ago so not sure if headphones are included anymore but p9 is defo 129.99 in ee stores

[quote=darrenriordan]p9 lite much better than the p8 lite stay away from the sony battery life terrible[/qu
I'd go for the xa over the p8, ignore what people say about the battery, it's the settings that kill the battery, every app that's installed on the phone is set to run/update and push notifications, spend 5 minutes with the settings and the battery will last as long as the p8.

Consider the Honor 8, three have a good deal on it, made by Huawei too. Twin sim, fingerprint unlock, 8mp rear AND 8mp front cameras (for the selfies). All you can eat texts, 600 mins talk, 500mb data ( not a lot, but this is the cheapest plan) no upfront cost £18 a month. First three months free if you choose plan with Data of 2GB or above..
I have the Honor 7 and it is a fantastic phone.
Edited by: "mrty" 20th Dec 2016

agree with the P9 lite
I bought my son it last week for his birthday from EE £129 like mentioned then the £10 top up.
must say after trying it out I've been very impressed with it very nice looking UI and smooth to boot

The XA is newer and looks much better, but huawei is a growing brand now. I would go for whatever is cheaper. You could get the HTC 530 for £70 from O2 (no top up required) and unlock it for £2 by buying a unlock code on eBay and following the instructions.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993247
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1846
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769450
    4. Wow apple you really are bad55

See more discussions