Groups

Huawei P8 V p9

Just wondering the performance difference between the p8 and p9.
    I thought the p9 had 4gb ram but apparently the more popular version stocked by UK retailers is the 32gb 3gb ram version which is what the p8 has. I know the p9 has other features lecia lens and fingers scanner just wondering about performance.
    Also strange that it's the next flagship in a series yet has no ram increase

11 Comments

no idea about differences other than P8 is very good for price

The P9 has longer battery life (3000 mAh as oppose to 2600), the P9 also has improved RAM (4GB as oppose to 3GB). Also the platform can be upgraded to Marshmallow which is newer and a better platform.

I think that it is worth getting an update if it is a good deal...

I know the p9 is a very good phone. I have a huawei made honor 7 which has 3gb ram but p9 is better. honor 7 (3gb ram also) is similar to the p8 imo.

p9 has usb type C charging port looks & feels better in hand with seamless performance. apart from that I'm not sure.

depends on what you need? apparently p9 has 3 antennas for better signal. overall I have found the talk clarity on huawei p9 & honor 7 is amazing. Although I had to fiddle with settings to maximise this like a number of things as the phone doesn't come with everything set to max. example honor 7 comes with settings on 16mp camera as default but you can turn it to 20mp.

that is quite annoying but I got over it & learnt more about my phone than any previous ones I've owned.

Original Poster

michaelproyer

The P9 has longer battery life (3000 mAh as oppose to 2600), the P9 also … The P9 has longer battery life (3000 mAh as oppose to 2600), the P9 also has improved RAM (4GB as oppose to 3GB). Also the platform can be upgraded to Marshmallow which is newer and a better platform.I think that it is worth getting an update if it is a good deal...

P9 only has more ram if u go for the 64gb version. The standard 32gb version most UK phone shops seem to sell is the 32gb version which only has a 3gb ram hence my initial post

I am using a p9 currently and I'd say the performance is amazing. Still flagship standard a d the pictures are amazing. I have a sigma 30mm 1.4 art lens and stopped using it half as much as this phone makes same style pictures without the hassle.

I had a honor 7 before and the p9 makes it seem slow and old compared.

P9 all the way. p.s fingerprint sensor is a must on any device theses days. you wasting life every time you use your phone.

Original Poster

noseley

I am using a p9 currently and I'd say the performance is amazing. Still … I am using a p9 currently and I'd say the performance is amazing. Still flagship standard a d the pictures are amazing. I have a sigma 30mm 1.4 art lens and stopped using it half as much as this phone makes same style pictures without the hassle.I had a honor 7 before and the p9 makes it seem slow and old compared. P9 all the way. p.s fingerprint sensor is a must on any device theses days. you wasting life every time you use your phone.

I'm assuming yours is the 3gb version p9?
    Glad to hear your direct comparison as I used to have a honor 7
    Ive heard good things about the Lecia camera then again honor 7 camera had pretty good reviews. Does the camera need much setting up to get the best photos?

I have the P9, love the phone so much. It was a huge upgrade from my Moto 4G but even so, the battery is great, I listen to 2-3 hours of bluetooth music a day, constant browsing etc and after a 15 hour day I still have 20-30% battery remaining. Shame it doesn't have super fast charging or whatever it's called, but not needed anyway. And the camera is great as well.

Admittedly I haven't used the camera loads, but every photo i've taken looks great imo.
    Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 21st Dec 2016

Original Poster

Thanks folks. What would kinda price points to used ones tend to go for?
    I just find it hard to justify paying "lots" since the p9 lite can be had for 139 from ee and does have same amount of ram although guessing p9 has better chips etc hence overall performance better

little_green

Thanks folks. What would kinda price points to used ones tend to go for? … Thanks folks. What would kinda price points to used ones tend to go for? I just find it hard to justify paying "lots" since the p9 lite can be had for 139 from ee and does have same amount of ram although guessing p9 has better chips etc hence overall performance better

​p9 lite incomparable to the full p9. different phone just shame similar names. Camera is amazing on p9 with no effort at all. tend to go between £250ish and £300 on eBay and some stores have offers around £300. So expensive but not as much as others that have similar spec.

Original Poster

Is anyone able to recommend a good tempered glass screen protecter for the p9? Saw that a few seem to stop a bit short of the edges due to them being curved.
    Anyone help?

Original Poster

noseley

​p9 lite incomparable to the full p9. different phone just shame similar n … ​p9 lite incomparable to the full p9. different phone just shame similar names. Camera is amazing on p9 with no effort at all. tend to go between £250ish and £300 on eBay and some stores have offers around £300. So expensive but not as much as others that have similar spec.

Wondering how does the p9 (3gb ram version) compare to the honor 7?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553765
      2. Royal Mil track and trace55
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714463
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767185

See more discussions