Huawei phone question

Posted 1st Dec
Particularly seeking answer re the p30 but assuming all Huawei devices will be the same. Basically, currently I have the Nokia 8 & a mate 10 pro.
On the n8 when I get a notification say fb, messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, email i pull down on the notification bar at the top and it'll show me the message/notification details
But with the mate10 pro it doesn't do that. It's just the notification in the status bar & sure if I drag down itll show the notification but it won't actually show the details of it like if it was friend request or someone replying to comment etc.
Now I think I can possibly change it in privacy/notification settings but I've tried various options & still doesn't show.

Can anyone tell me if they have the same on their Huawei device? Or if the notification details are full expandable
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Screenshots for clarity
From m10pro 39215625-ax2YQ.jpgU can see it shows there is a instagram & messenger notification but no further details (until I actually click to open)
Whereas Nokia 8 shows
39215699-v4ELJ.jpg
My honor 8 is the same as your Nokia, it gives part/all of the email or text message in the notification. Although thinking about it, Facebook Messenger says '1 notification'. I wonder if it's a permission per app rather than an overall 'notifications' option?

edit: In notifications for each app, I can see a more settings option. This shows a 'notification previews' option that refers to name and message. If that is on I get the message content rather than just a notification?
Edited by: "slimy31" 1st Dec
slimy3101/12/2019 12:25

My honor 8 is the same as your Nokia, it gives part/all of the email or …My honor 8 is the same as your Nokia, it gives part/all of the email or text message in the notification. Although thinking about it, Facebook Messenger says '1 notification'. I wonder if it's a permission per app rather than an overall 'notifications' option?

Yeh that's what I meant re privacy setting buts as I say I've tweaked various options (&basically allowed everything) & still can't get things to show more detail
Is this not the settings you need?

39215878-qG2TF.jpg
look in settings for notification management, then select 'lockscreen notifications' and select 'display all notifications'
Dyslexic_Dog01/12/2019 12:31

Is this not the settings you need?[Image]

mutley101/12/2019 12:49

look in settings for notification management, then select 'lockscreen …look in settings for notification management, then select 'lockscreen notifications' and select 'display all notifications'

Have both activated already
You can change it in settings. I have a mate20 Pro and my wife has the p30 pro and we both see the message when pulled down
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants