Huawei Phones Will Come With Harmony OS Next Year

21 Comments
Is this good or bad news for Huawei users?
Edited by: "LemonHead" 10th Sep
That's the end of that then lol

Own brand OS's just don't take off, even Microsoft couldn't get it to work
The end of Huawei outside of Asia
Great phones
whats great about them? no google service?
Gollywood10/09/2020 15:44

Great phones

The higher end ones have great camera's but are overpriced. The rest are no better/worse than any other Android handset from Xiaomi/Oppo/Realme etc...
No harm if they allow Sideloading google apps.
Yes I read the OS is Upto 75% of Android now I can't wait for it to drop.
Uridium10/09/2020 16:49

The higher end ones have great camera's but are overpriced. The rest are …The higher end ones have great camera's but are overpriced. The rest are no better/worse than any other Android handset from Xiaomi/Oppo/Realme etc...

Overpriced in comparison to what?
LemonHead10/09/2020 13:51

Is this good or bad news for Huawei users?

Good very good, it should mean superior performance in the long term.
realdeals10/09/2020 17:33

Overpriced in comparison to what?

Other Android handsets (apart from Samsung which are also overpriced)
You made a specific statement and can't back it, name something that is as good and cheaper.
I don't mind using harmony,it making sure you can use all your apps on there
I am sure most of the common Android apps have equivalents in "other" app stores. Google is not the only act in town, anymore.

The most common ones like Whatsapp, messengers, SMS, Music,Weather, VPN,will work. I would be wary of the banking apps, though.

SO will make a welcome change from Google data / privacy slurp and bondage. Competition is good. Wonder why Samsung hasnt pushed Tizer OS aggresively.

Bring it on Huawei. Lets check it out.
bobdylan10/09/2020 14:35

That's the end of that then lolOwn brand OS's just don't take off, even …That's the end of that then lolOwn brand OS's just don't take off, even Microsoft couldn't get it to work

Seem to remember Samsung saying their own hardware was hamstrung by the limitations of Android but they had no choice as trying to get their own OS was a non-starter.
Onlydongles10/09/2020 19:58

I am sure most of the common Android apps have equivalents in "other" app …I am sure most of the common Android apps have equivalents in "other" app stores. Google is not the only act in town, anymore.The most common ones like Whatsapp, messengers, SMS, Music,Weather, VPN,will work. I would be wary of the banking apps, though. SO will make a welcome change from Google data / privacy slurp and bondage. Competition is good. Wonder why Samsung hasnt pushed Tizer OS aggresively. Bring it on Huawei. Lets check it out.

the problem with getting apps people want to use on a Huawei OS is the very fact US businesses can’t Do business with Huawei. In my opinion that OS ain’t doing anything outside of China and the Far East
The beginning of the end for Huawei in the smartphone game. US now blocking access to RAM, OLED screens, Qualcomm chips, technology from said chips, and parts that have been made using US patents regardless of where they are made from. Mate 40 going to be the last we see from Huawei, which is a shame because they have made some fantastic phones with excellent hardware and build quality. Expect Android 11 to be the last update we see from them even on GMS passed devices like the Mate 20 Pro and the P30 Pro.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 11th Sep
MrMaccieKFC11/09/2020 04:58

The beginning of the end for Huawei in the smartphone game. US now …The beginning of the end for Huawei in the smartphone game. US now blocking access to RAM, OLED screens, Qualcomm chips, technology from said chips, and parts that have been made using US patents regardless of where they are made from. Mate 40 going to be the last we see from Huawei, which is a shame because they have made some fantastic phones with excellent hardware and build quality. Expect Android 11 to be the last update we see from them even on GMS passed devices like the Mate 20 Pro and the P30 Pro.

Unless the ban is lifted next year which is a possibility. I don't see Huawei quitting, but sales will be really bad. CCP will keep on bankrolling them in the West.
Edited by: "jamie15" 11th Sep
No ty
Post a comment
@
    Text