Huawei warranty

Posted 24th Jun 2020
Hello, so i purchased a mate 20 pro from ebay in like new condition.

I never got the battery life this device promised and as it is still under warranty i tried to get it changed but huawei requires proof of purchase which i do not have.
Has anyone got around this?

I purchased on ebay over a year ago so im not sure whether the seller can do anything for my case
Community Updates
11 Comments
A lot of manufactures don't have a transferable warranty. If that's what Huawei say then you're stuck.
Have you tried using the eBay sale as proof of purchase to see if they accept that?
consumer.huawei.com/uk/…licy

8. The consumer will be required to provide the original retail purchase receipt or other documentation or information requested or required by applicable legislation in respect of the date and place of purchase. In the event that such information is not presented or if it is incomplete or illegible, HUAWEI reserves the right to refuse providing the above service in respect of the Warranty claim.

What is not covered by the Warranty9. This Warranty does not cover defects and damage resulting from: a) Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal aging of the equipment.

you will need to contact seller, unless the battery is faulty they won’t replace for getting old as they do..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 24th Jun
Send the seller a message they might be able to forward you their original invoice/proof of purchase.
This the same thing you mentioned last october?
psychobitchfromhell24/06/2020 13:52

This the same thing you mentioned last october?

seems like it.. if you look back it doesnt seem to matter what phone op has the battery is a problem...
Bargainhead24/06/2020 18:18

seems like it.. if you look back it doesnt seem to matter what phone op …seems like it.. if you look back it doesnt seem to matter what phone op has the battery is a problem...

Just read back on some of his posts

Op - What are your expectations of a battery on a smartphone?
Sc4mp024/06/2020 18:54

Just read back on some of his postsOp - What are your expectations of a …Just read back on some of his postsOp - What are your expectations of a battery on a smartphone?

S10e exynos was awful so thats understandable, my mate 20 hasn't been hitting expectations since i got it and the new EMUI 10 has crippled it, but yes i agree all my posts are about battery life
Sohail_Nadeem24/06/2020 19:49

S10e exynos was awful so thats understandable, my mate 20 hasn't been …S10e exynos was awful so thats understandable, my mate 20 hasn't been hitting expectations since i got it and the new EMUI 10 has crippled it, but yes i agree all my posts are about battery life

Hold your horse then, if you read up on emui10 you'll see it's been reported that battery life improves after a week or two for some bizarre reason.

I'm waiting for the update any day now (p20pro) and prepared for the battery to suffer for s bit.
Sc4mp024/06/2020 19:53

Hold your horse then, if you read up on emui10 you'll see it's been …Hold your horse then, if you read up on emui10 you'll see it's been reported that battery life improves after a week or two for some bizarre reason.I'm waiting for the update any day now (p20pro) and prepared for the battery to suffer for s bit.

Yeah, its been 3 weeks since ive had emui 10 on mine. As for p20 pro ive seen good things regarding the battery on reddit for the new update!
Sohail_Nadeem24/06/2020 19:49

S10e exynos was awful so thats understandable, my mate 20 hasn't been …S10e exynos was awful so thats understandable, my mate 20 hasn't been hitting expectations since i got it and the new EMUI 10 has crippled it, but yes i agree all my posts are about battery life

Surely then you would of sorted it in October when you first posted instead of leaving it. What are you expectation on a battery? I use to get 3 days out of my iPhone don’t make many calls, mainly surf, game and Spotify for about 2 hours a day while at work, I’ve had over a year now and only get 2 days. I use tablets and pc at home for online..
Post a comment
@
    Text