Hudl 2 update to 5.1 Lolipop available

Found 5th Sep 2015
If anyone interested.
Just got it.... takes a while to install
Apologies if already well known and posted.
Community Updates
MiscHudl
133 Comments
Not available for me
not here either but good to know
seem ok so far?
Good post thanks very much
thanks ill check mine
Did they ever fix the battery problem with these?
Updated mine this morning and everything kept force closing. Tried restarting a few times and it made no difference.

Did a full reset and everything is running smoothly now.
Edited by: "Bobbajob" 5th Sep 2015
Thanks for the info. I never thought, that this tablet would get lollipop. Does this mean, that there will not be a Hudl 3?
Edited by: "tamoil" 6th Sep 2015
tamoil

Thanks for the info. I never thought, that this tablet would get … Thanks for the info. I never thought, that this tablet would get lollipop. Does this mean, that there will not be a Hudl 3?

pcadvisor.co.uk/new…56/
Does anyone else think their Hudl 2 is much laggier on Lollipop than on KitKat? I'm regretting upgrading.

Battery life on standby seems much worse too.

have you done the cache partition clear?
i felt the same when lollipop came to my moto g.. tbh i still do a little but its better than it was
not had the hudl2 update show yet

Bobbajob

Does anyone else think their Hudl 2 is much laggier on Lollipop than on … Does anyone else think their Hudl 2 is much laggier on Lollipop than on KitKat? I'm regretting upgrading.Battery life on standby seems much worse too.

tamoil

Thanks for the info. I never thought, that this tablet would get … Thanks for the info. I never thought, that this tablet would get lollipop. Does this mean, that there will not be a Hudl 3?

whats your point? that there is going to be.. or that there isn't going to be?
the article says nothing - just that the 2 previous tablets were released around the similar time of year
Edited by: "brilly" 10th Sep 2015
brilly

have you done the cache partition clear? i felt the same when lollipop … have you done the cache partition clear? i felt the same when lollipop came to my moto g.. tbh i still do a little but its better than it wasnot had the hudl2 update show yetwhats your point? that there is going to be.. or that there isn't going to be?the article says nothing - just that the 2 previous tablets were released around the similar time of year

​I've done a full reset as after the update I was getting crashes everywhere.
Bobbajob

​I've done a full reset as after the update I was getting crashes e … ​I've done a full reset as after the update I was getting crashes everywhere.

oh yeah .. you said that earlier sorry
I'm confused by the update, i got the little star symbol in the task bar saying update available, i clicked it and it said update to 5.1 lollipop is ready, so i installed it, it went thru the motions and then when i checked the version it says im still running 4.4.2. Anyone else had this happen?
Has anybody else lost the stock gallery app? And the SDcard is now locked down, I can't move, delete or edit files.
Good luck with Lollipop guys
rych1981

I'm confused by the update, i got the little star symbol in the task bar … I'm confused by the update, i got the little star symbol in the task bar saying update available, i clicked it and it said update to 5.1 lollipop is ready, so i installed it, it went thru the motions and then when i checked the version it says im still running 4.4.2. Anyone else had this happen?

Yes.
To me it seemed to do a big update which then offered me a second one ( different stuff going on) which then gave me 5.1
Ellie Phant

Yes.To me it seemed to do a big update which then offered me a second one … Yes.To me it seemed to do a big update which then offered me a second one ( different stuff going on) which then gave me 5.1

ok thanks, ill keep waiting for a second update i guess
I've done another full reset and it seems to have fixed the battery drain and performance issue.

Bobbajob

I've done another full reset and it seems to have fixed the battery drain … I've done another full reset and it seems to have fixed the battery drain and performance issue.

I think I will do that. Not used much since the update 9 days ago, but noticed longer time to start up and high power drain on standby.
Ellie Phant

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/tablets/tesco-hudl-3-release-date-rumours-3618856/

HAHA they base their rumour on the cat that Tesco released the other 2 on similar dates over the previous 2 years.

There wont be a hudl 3, tesco have sold off a lot of their digitalware services, which were the main reason for them to release a tablet, to push the likes of blinkbox and the like.
I installed lollipop update on my Nexus 7 which resulted in that Tablet being Bricked within 2 Weeks of the update....I am not going to install it on this Hudl until someone convinces me it is 100% safe...I will stay with KitKat for now
btw is anyone using a screen protector? if so ...which?
fit the tesco one on sprogs hudl and the sensitivity is pretty poor
case of tesco protector just being junk?
didn't try it without one but cant imagine it was as bad

still no update here
Jumpingphil

What's a full reset please?

After it has updated, go into settings, Backup & Reset and choose factory data reset.

Mine is running great now and battery life is back to how it was.
Jumpingphil

Thanks, but do you lose all your apps, photos etc. after doing that?

Anything that is not backed up yes.

I have the Google backup set which restores apps etc which makes it quite painless.
The only thing I had to back up separately on mine was Fallout Shelter.
Jumpingphil

Thanks for getting back.I'm still waiting for the upgrade to appear.I … Thanks for getting back.I'm still waiting for the upgrade to appear.I keep going into setting and check for HUDL updates but nothing.Mine is Android Version 4.4.2 and last updated 20th July 2015.

You will/should get a notification icon on screen that it's ready for you, so, no need to go into settings to check.
That's how I got it.
4 Hudls Mine, the wifes and 2 grankids all at the same time.
Wow people are sheep. Lollipop is a disaster! Laggy, buggy. It's horrible compared to kitkat. Kitkat is a beautiful smooth OS, bursting with features. Lollipop offers nothing of worthwhile note to convince me to update,yet still people are falling over themselves to update to lollipop. What is it lollipop offers you that you can't do on kitkat? Imho lollipop is Google ios 6..........a disaster from start to finish. Jeez they already are beta testing marshmallow, what does that tell you? You can bet us Hudl users won't get that! The thought of being stuck on 5.1 is a frightening one. No its kitkat for me. That wee star can stay up the top of my screen.........
bigsipie

Wow people are sheep. Lollipop is a disaster! Laggy, buggy. It's … Wow people are sheep. Lollipop is a disaster! Laggy, buggy. It's horrible compared to kitkat. Kitkat is a beautiful smooth OS, bursting with features. Lollipop offers nothing of worthwhile note to convince me to update,yet still people are falling over themselves to update to lollipop. What is it lollipop offers you that you can't do on kitkat? Imho lollipop is Google ios 6..........a disaster from start to finish. Jeez they already are beta testing marshmallow, what does that tell you? You can bet us Hudl users won't get that! The thought of being stuck on 5.1 is a frightening one. No its kitkat for me. That wee star can stay up the top of my screen.........

so .. you dont like lollipop then?
Got to agree with bigsipe really.
Nothing exciting changed. Have done a factory reset and still takes a lot longer to start up and battery on stanby is terrible (for me anyway)
Bobbajob

Anything that is not backed up yes.I have the Google backup set which … Anything that is not backed up yes.I have the Google backup set which restores apps etc which makes it quite painless.The only thing I had to back up separately on mine was Fallout Shelter.

Take this statement with a huge pinch of salt. Google backup only restores the app settings & data for apps which allow this and many, if not most, do not. Use Helium App to properly back up your data and settings or titanium if root access is allowed.
Can someone help me, I still haven't got update. I'm in New-Zealand. I've tried using a vpn for uk, but still not working. can someone send me a rom or something?
I've had no update either.
bigsipie

Wow people are sheep. Lollipop is a disaster! Laggy, buggy. It's … Wow people are sheep. Lollipop is a disaster! Laggy, buggy. It's horrible compared to kitkat. Kitkat is a beautiful smooth OS, bursting with features. Lollipop offers nothing of worthwhile note to convince me to update,yet still people are falling over themselves to update to lollipop. What is it lollipop offers you that you can't do on kitkat? Imho lollipop is Google ios 6..........a disaster from start to finish. Jeez they already are beta testing marshmallow, what does that tell you? You can bet us Hudl users won't get that! The thought of being stuck on 5.1 is a frightening one. No its kitkat for me. That wee star can stay up the top of my screen.........

you clearly havent got a clue
After 5.1 wrecked my Nexus 7 and made it completely unusable due to laggy behaviour (had to flash back to KitKat) I think I'll pass on this
SteveMidlands

After 5.1 wrecked my Nexus 7 and made it completely unusable due to laggy … After 5.1 wrecked my Nexus 7 and made it completely unusable due to laggy behaviour (had to flash back to KitKat) I think I'll pass on this

nexus 7...... 2012 or 2013?
I've had the update to my 2 Hudl's. It takes much longer to do a cold boot, also several apps wouldn't run till I cleared the cache for them.
I have my Hudl 2 set to notify me of updates and I choose which ones to update and when.

But this latest update 5.1 Lollipop downloaded automatically and is over 1GB in file size.

And then it says there was a problem with the check sum and to try again.

Edited by: "NCIS" 28th Sep 2015
Jumpingphil

Just seen my notification.Do I update or not?

I wish I hadn't if that helps.
I bought my Hudl2 a few weeks ago because Lollipop 5.1 and then 5.1.1 rendered my Nexus 7 2012 almost useless. It's sitting on my coffee table now where I use it as a paperweight. No way will I upgrade.
Anyone else find it stopped Facebook working? Just spent 5 hrs trying to complete the update and now I can't use Facebook. Also why did the take away the power control? And volume I can't change the volume unless it's for notifications? its a tablet not a phone!!!! Hated the update for motog hate this too!!
5.1 downloaded this evening. Clean install, and as I don't use social media sites absolutely no issue. Will done Tesco !!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants