hudl 2 won't start or charge

Found 11th Dec 2015
My Hudl 2'sould not start or charge 2 weeks ago and followed the instructions of holding down the + volume button and power button for 15 seconds and then press the power on button for 15 seconds and then the power button again and the hudl restarted, this happened again 4 days ago and did the reset, yesterday it would not boot up and no recharge lignt, I have tried the reset, but nothing and tried many times, now I have tried disconnecting the battery and tried it again with no joy. I notied that the casing and screen was warm after leaving it for an hour, so something is happening inside, the battery was holding its power OK for not restarting and showing half full on 2 of the past resets. Any help or ideas would be great. Its over 12 months old and I have had the case apart, so no warranty. Regards. Malc
Community Updates
AskHudl
11 Comments
Have you checked the output voltage on the charger? That's your first call,
have you tried keeping them power volume button for longer...i mean a couple of minutes...not just 15 seconds? this had happend with my boys hudls a couple of times
Thank you for the quick reply, I am on holiday at the moment and I have brought a Sony charger with me, so I can't really follow the prior reset due to nr having the hudl charger plus I am in Thailand with the I've and I think the voltage is different here at 200 volts. What should the output voltage be? Might be about to buy one over here. Regards Malc
Hi Groggy, tried that but still wont boot, will leave it plugged into the charger over night and see I it helps,
malct1

Thank you for the quick reply, I am on holiday at the moment and I have … Thank you for the quick reply, I am on holiday at the moment and I have brought a Sony charger with me, so I can't really follow the prior reset due to nr having the hudl charger plus I am in Thailand with the I've and I think the voltage is different here at 200 volts. What should the output voltage be? Might be about to buy one over here. Regards Malc

​Google it, I don't own one, most are 5v either 1 or 2 amp, but I would make sure by going online to check
Hi Westy, the charger works OK with my wife's tablet, its input is 100 to 240 v 50/50 hz 0.5 A and output is 5.0 v 2.0 A
Is it less then a year old? I recently sent back mine to tesco, brought it last Christmas and it stopped charging, they collected it and fixed it for free.
Hi Alison, its over a year old
Just bought a 2.1 amp charger and still not working, if you connect the charger, will it still charge up without showing the charging light? Or does it need to show the red light?
Are you using the Hudl 2 charging cable or a generic one ?
There are quite a few online posts stating that using the original cable sends a signal to the Hudl 2 so it charges at full rate.
MT2045

Are you using the Hudl 2 charging cable or a generic one ?There are quite … Are you using the Hudl 2 charging cable or a generic one ?There are quite a few online posts stating that using the original cable sends a signal to the Hudl 2 so it charges at full rate.

​update, tescos repaired my hudl free of charge
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants