Groups

HUKD 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COMPETITION - DAY SEVEN - TUESDAY

Today's winner is harlzter with £215.64

On the first day of Christmas love_a_bargain and Mike73 dealt for me: a 2Gb MP3 player
    On the second day of Christmas mrmr25 dealt for me: two dozen Christmas Crackers
    On the third day of Christmas highguyuk dealt for me: 3 Full HD LCD TVs
    On the fourth day of Christmas mrmr25 dealt for me: 4 return tickets to New York
    On the fifth day of Christmas jennybubbles dealt for me: 5 Gold Rings
    On the sixth day of Christmas san_j73 and bellarious dealt for me: 6 Digital Cameras

WELCOME TO DAY SEVEN OF THE HUKD TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COMPETITION - DAY SEVEN!!!

If HOTUKDEALS isnt running a 12 days of Christmas this year then I'm happy to start one myself..unfortunately no amazon vouchers up for grabs - but would be fun to do a little searching nonetheless.

For each of the twelve days, HOTUKDEALS members must find the CHEAPEST GENUINE ONLINE price for a given item and post it into the given thread for that day. Your price MUST include:

1) Description of the item with title
    2) Where you've seen it (HAS TO BE ONLINE!)
    3) Final price as it would leave your bank account. This has to include any postage.
    4) Any mention of QUIDCO, IPOINTS, MUTUALPOINTS or other cash/points back schemes off the back of the deal. Just a word on this - in the event of a tie and ONLY in the event of a tie, QUIDCO and/or others will be taken into consideration.
    5) Your posting must begin 'MY ENTRY IS' so we can tell quickly that your posting is...well..an entry rather than just a comment. Ok?
    6) Non UK STERLING deals are allowed. But please use xe.com as your conversion tool to £ STERLING and post an IMAGE of that conversion with your posting. The rate changes throughout the day!
    7) Items should be delivered to your door. Deals where you can pick up items in-store won't count.
    Unlike in last years' competition, REFURBS ARE allowed in this competition. They would be mentioned in the final posting onto the main board if appropriate (and cheaper!). However, its the new, non-refurb winner whose deal will be given precedence as there is a big chance that the refurb item will be withdrawn or made out of stock over a short period of time.
    9) Be inventive, and think outside of the box

Each search day will run from 9AM UNTIL 7.30PM and results will feature at the end of that day - the winner announced then. zarguio (i.e. me, and anyone else appointed in case I get really busy! ) has the final say over the winner for each day. We'd be starting on the 12th and running until the 23rd.

Items to be searched for each day will be broad rather than specific - giving you more scope to argue your case. Posters who remember last year's competition will know what I mean. Unlike last year however, you're allowed more than one entry - as many as you like. We're after the cheapest price here. I'm not a mod so can't delete or edit postings so its up to you to tow the line

Finally, again - I'm really sorry, but there's no prize for each day as I'm poor - unless ADMIN wish to add some vouchers here?!?!?, so its just for the love of searching. If anyone wishes to contribute a prize then that would be great. I believe a chappie offered some webserver space just before the thread was pulled - or was I imagining things? Get in touch if you have something to give back to the board

Right folks - this is DAY SEVEN. And you'll be wanting DAY SEVEN'S QUEST. So that is:

FIND THE CHEAPEST ONLINE PRICE FOR 7 x ELECTRIC WASHING MACHINES. THEY CAN BE ANY MODEL BUT MUST BE WORKING AND MUST BE COMPLETE (NO SPARES!) :). ALL SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FROM THE SAME COMPANY. Take away any vouchers (these have to be usable by anyone) but add in shipping (!) and post it up on this thread, taking note of the guide above. What's the cheapest price?

You'll have until 7.30pm tonight to post the cheapest price you can find on the web. Any entries placed after that time wont be taken into consideration.

All the very best of luck, and merry Christmas!

Me (x)

99 Comments

Ok let's get this kicked off...

Indesit WIB101 (in White) at £185 each. Found at Boots Electrical

£185 x 6 = £1,110 + delivery @ £19.99 = £1,129.99

bootskitchenappliances.com/Pro…275

Add to that 4440 Boots Clubcard points which total £44.40

Original Poster

I have to admire you love_a_bargain - nearly always the first one in

Good deal..you're in the lead (!)

It's dedication... If you wanna be a record breaker, that's what you need!!

I am very much enjoying the game, Zarguio. I admire you for putting it on every morning!

Besides, it puts me in the lead nearly every day!! Even if it's always short-lived :-)

Original Poster

Glad that you're a part of it love_a_bargain.

Now - any beaters?

love_a_bargain;1360918

Ok let's get this kicked off...Indesit WIB101 (in White) at £185 each. … Ok let's get this kicked off...Indesit WIB101 (in White) at £185 each. Found at Boots Electrical£185 x 6 = £1,110 + delivery @ £19.99 = £1,129.99http://www.bootskitchenappliances.com/Product_Information.aspx?Productid=8275Add to that 4440 Boots Clubcard points which total £44.40

...shouldn't that be £185 x 7 = 1295 + delivery @ £19.99 = 1314.99 ? Still a great price :thumbsup:, but just so everyone else knows what price they're up against!

Happy hunting folks!

Original Poster

bjmcghee;1360936

...shouldn't that be £185 x 7 = 1295 + delivery @ £19.99 = 1314.99 ? S … ...shouldn't that be £185 x 7 = 1295 + delivery @ £19.99 = 1314.99 ? Still a great price :thumbsup:, but just so everyone else knows what price they're up against! Happy hunting folks!

Ahh oops - I missed that too..well done bjmcghee!!!!

oops!! That wasn't done on purpose I promise!! Thanks for doing the new maths for me as well bjmcghee :-)

My entry is this one (BEKO WMA510W) at Comet: comet.co.uk/com…759 for £155 each. For 7 with free basic delivery makes a total of £1085.

Edit: I know it doesn't matter unless it's a draw, but you could get £32.16 in Quidco (3%) from Comet on this one.

My new entry is...

redhillappliances.co.uk/Pro…227

Beko WMA510W Washing Machine x 7 @ £153.00 = £1,071 + £1 (?!) delivery =

a grand total of £1,072

love_a_bargain;1360948

oops!! That wasn't done on purpose I promise!! Thanks for doing the new … oops!! That wasn't done on purpose I promise!! Thanks for doing the new maths for me as well bjmcghee :-)

No problem, mate, easily done!

love_a_bargain;1360957

My new entry … My new entry is...http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/Products.aspx?PRODUCTID=3227Beko WMA510W Washing Machine x 7 @ £153.00 = £1,071 + £1 (?!) delivery = a grand total of £1,072

No way, £2, denied! ;-)

Close competition aready!! I didn't see your entry until I had posted mine...

I've only just seen that its exactly the same model as wel!! Great minds huh?

Original Poster

Good deals so far! Well done bjmcghee

My next entry is...

Same brand as before: Beko WMA510W Washing Machine
    dixons.co.uk/mar…038

This is from Dixon website. However, it only lets you put 5 in your basket at a time (don't they realise that some people need 7 washing machines?!). So buy the first 4 @ £155 each = £620.

Then with a 5% discount using GIMME5 promotional code, it drops the price to £589.

Then go back and make a second purchase to get the remaining 3. This totals £464, then less 5% discount, takes you to £441.75.

Add them both together, and you get a total of £1030.75. Free delivery

The reason you get 4 then 3 instead of 5 then 2, is because you have to spend £399 to get the 5% discount.

Original Poster

Ok - its in..well done love_a_bargain....you're at the top again!

woohoo!!

Banned

My entry (if its allowed) is:

The Wonder Washer
    leisureshopdirect.com/car…367

"Wash Clothes Anytime, Anywhere with the Wonder Washer"

£34.99 x 7 = £244.93
    P & P = £12.99

Total: £257.92

Original Poster

I'm tempted the_andy

...very tempted!

But no - it has to be an ELECTRIC washing machine.

Banned

oh damn.

im going to go back to thinking inside the box

the_andy;1361090

oh damn.im going to go back to thinking inside the box

seriously good effort though - im impressed!

My entry is the same BEKO washing machine at Pixmania at £137.10 (incl. VAT) each and a single delivery charge of £16.90 gives you a total of £976.60 all-in.

pixmania.co.uk/uk/…tml

Edit: Use the code: Pixmas20 Save £20 with the code Pixmas20 when you spend £650 and more Making it £956.60!

Plus you could get 4% Quidco which is another £38.26

Banned

My new entry is:

GOOD IDEAS MINI WASHING MACHINE
    "Compact, economical, space saver."

amazon.co.uk/ELE…64I

£39.97 x 7 = £279.79
    P & P = £22.19

Total: £301.98

and electric

the_andy;1361121

My new entry is:GOOD IDEAS MINI WASHING MACHINE"Compact, economical, … My new entry is:GOOD IDEAS MINI WASHING MACHINE"Compact, economical, space saver."http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECTRIC-WASHING-MACHINE-Economical-644/dp/B000VPG64I£39.97 x 7 = £279.79P & P = £22.19Total: £301.98and electric

Umpire's decision needed here!

the_andy;1361121

My new entry is:GOOD IDEAS MINI WASHING MACHINE"Compact, economical, … My new entry is:GOOD IDEAS MINI WASHING MACHINE"Compact, economical, space saver."http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECTRIC-WASHING-MACHINE-Economical-644/dp/B000VPG64I£39.97 x 7 = £279.79P & P = £22.19Total: £301.98and electric

I believe there's only 4 available from different sellers...

sorry my bad... there are loads x

Banned

i thought that the product was available from 4 sellers, but each has enough in stock.

if I choose the one from Lime Marketing, I can add 7 to my basket

I could be wrong, amazon marketplace is horrible

edit:
    yay

still waiting to see if its allowed or not though

*drums fingers in anticipation*

Zarguio - what's the verdict??

Original Poster

Allowed.

Well done the_andy - £301.98 is the tip of the tops so far....

...because it plugs into an electric socket, its allowed

My entry is...

amazon.com/Won…8-2

Wonder Washer from Amazon.com = $53.90 x 7 = $377.30
    $22.50 Shipping

Total = $399.80

Convert from xe.com = £198.58

Bought from Presents for You on amazon.com

Banned

The wonder washer was the one i originally wanted to post, but couldnt find anywhere that shipped it to the UK :-(

Just throwung my oar in and following the_andy's suit. Same machine available on ebay:

*********.co.uk/MIN…tem

7x£32.95 = £230.65 with origional postage at £14.50 and additional postage is £8.50 = £65.50

TOTAL = £296.15 and they have 38 of them in stock.

My entry is...

amazon.com/gp/…er=

Portable washing Machine Mini Wonder Washer from amazon.com = $36.95 x 7 = $258.65
    Shipping = $30.00
    Total = $288.65

Convert from xe.com = £143.20
    Bought from as-seen-on-tv-products

Banned

love_a_bargain;1361355

My entry … My entry is...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A7OWHA/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=Portable washing Machine Mini Wonder Washer from amazon.com = $36.95 x 7 = $258.65Shipping = $30.00Total = $288.65Convert from xe.com = £143.20Bought from as-seen-on-tv-products

I added 7 of those from that retailer to my basket and it said Handling would be $345.00 :w00t:

grrrrrrr...

Banned

sorry to **** on your parade and all...

but i actually think that the Wonder Washer isnt an electric washer... i could be wrong

edit: i am wrong, sorry!

That price looks unbeatable, been searching in India and Sout America and its still dearer without postage! :thinking:

oh well... am i still winning?

edit: i meant oh well that my last deal didn't work, not oh well in a sarcastic manner to you, RickyBobby

Original Poster

love_a_bargain - you are winning currently...

well done

any more takers?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions