HUKD

Banned 10
Found 22nd Sep 2008
HUKD

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

It is easy enough to replace if you are used to taking appliances apart, but be certain that it is that, as I changed mine, and it wasn't.

It took me about 30 mins.

Original Poster Banned

I know the Power connecter is damaged.

I bought an emergency charger from Hong Kong and it damaged the power connecter. :x

the clip inside is broken.

do you know if theres major disassembly required?

or is it just a case of removing the faceplate and clipping it in?

Cheers

Jerry786;3027915

do you know if theres major disassembly required?or is it just a case of … do you know if theres major disassembly required?or is it just a case of removing the faceplate and clipping it in?Cheers

Not a major disassembly, but not just simply removing the faceplate.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh89/thesaint01/PSP1.jpg

You need to remove the power supply circuit board, and the metal chassis.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;3028090

Not a major disassembly, but not just simply removing the faceplate.You … Not a major disassembly, but not just simply removing the faceplate.You need to remove the power supply circuit board, and the metal chassis.

Damn. so i have to remove the screen aswell?!!

Jerry786;3028206

Damn. so i have to remove the screen aswell?!!

If you are talking about the yellow plastic connector, then yes.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;3028249

If you are talking about the yellow plastic connector, then yes.

No i mean the actual PSP screen.

PS. is that the back view or front?

Thanks

Jerry786;3028280

No i mean the actual PSP screen.

I know what you mean by the screen. I am asking if it is the yellow plastic thing that you are wanting to change.

Jerry786;3028280

PS. is that the back view or front?Thanks

That is the front view, the little yellow thing that you can see on the side is the power switch.
It's a phat PSP, don't know if there is a difference to the slim, I have never taken one of those apart.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;3028303

I know what you mean by the screen. I am asking if it is the yellow … I know what you mean by the screen. I am asking if it is the yellow plastic thing that you are wanting to change.That is the front view, the little yellow thing that you can see on the side is the power switch.It's a phat PSP, don't know if there is a difference to the slim, I have never taken one of those apart.

Yeah, i need to replace the Yellow Power Connecter. I have a slim....

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: Much Appreciated

Original Poster Banned

snowtiger;3028366

Might help a bit … Might help a bit ?http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/complete_psp_disassembly.htm

Post a comment
@
    Text