Groups

HUKD

Banned
    HUKD

25 Comments

Your laptop battery is dead.Replace it and problem solved.

a duff battery?, does your lappy require it to start if not remove it and bin it. if so then its buy another

As above ...sounds like your battery is knacked. :thumbsup:

Remove battery and run it with charger/power supply only and see if it works.

how can the charger be dead if it works on anothere lappy!!!!

if your gonna reply to a post at least read it prop first

sorry ppl to many windows open posted in the wrong window

Original Poster Banned

No no no

Battery is perfectly fine. i only bought the battery 6 months ago. (yes Laptop warranty is finished)

i also forgot to add I tried the charger with the battery taken out and charger still blinks rapidly

Original Poster Banned

terry7866;3470633

how can the charger be dead if it works on anothere lappy!!!!if your … how can the charger be dead if it works on anothere lappy!!!!if your gonna reply to a post at least read it prop first

i said "CHARGER CONNECTER"

the connecter meaning the part where the charger goes in

what the make of the unit and model

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470756

what the make of the unit and model

advent 7099

Jerry786;3470764

advent 7099

with just the a/c adapter plug in and before you trun it on What light come on

also when you plug the a/c adapter in to the dc socket, does the a/c adapter green light flicker

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470797

also when you plug the a/c adapter in to the dc socket, does the a/c … also when you plug the a/c adapter in to the dc socket, does the a/c adapter green light flicker

no light is still

i use this charger with my other laptop and it works fine

yogi99;3470797

also when you plug the a/c adapter in to the dc socket, does the a/c … also when you plug the a/c adapter in to the dc socket, does the a/c adapter green light flicker

tell me if the psu green light flickers

ok it's the motherboard there is a small chip that needs replacing which I think is under the heatsink fan or you need to replaced the mobo, but im pretty sure that chip needs replacing
    sorry

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470831

ok it's the motherboard there is a small chip that needs replacing … ok it's the motherboard there is a small chip that needs replacing which I think is under the heatsink fan or you need to replaced the mobo, but im pretty sure that chip needs replacing sorry

oh ok. :thumbsup: I had a sneaky feeling it could be the motherboard.

Do you know what could have caused the problem? The charger i use... i bought it from ebay. its not original. its actually an ACER charger but the guy who was selling it said it was compatible with my laptop

Do you how how much the part will cost me? Excluding Fitting

Jerry786;3470853

oh ok. :thumbsup: Do you how how much the part will cost me? Excluding … oh ok. :thumbsup: Do you how how much the part will cost me? Excluding Fitting

sorry no it's getting that chip what part of the country do u live in

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470870

sorry no it's getting that chip what part of the country do u live in

Im from England... without being too precise. LOL ;-)

Jerry786;3470853

oh ok. :thumbsup: I had a sneaky feeling it could be the motherboard.Do … oh ok. :thumbsup: I had a sneaky feeling it could be the motherboard.Do you know what could have caused the problem? The charger i use... i bought it from ebay. its not original. its actually an ACER charger but the guy who was selling it said it was compatible with my laptopDo you how how much the part will cost me? Excluding Fitting

the trouble is if you kept tryin the unit with the a/c adapter you could have burnt out the motherboard now and not just the chip

Jerry786;3470886

Im from England... without being too precise. LOL ;-)

well that tells me alot :-D im tryin to help you

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470891

the trouble is if you kept tryin the unit with the a/c adapter you could … the trouble is if you kept tryin the unit with the a/c adapter you could have burnt out the motherboard now and not just the chip

damn....

the charger actually worked... but i think you might be right...

I can buy the motherboard from ebay for £30

But the thing is.... is it easy to fit?

Right im off out now want anymore help then PM and see what we can do

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470896

well that tells me alot :-D im tryin to help you

LOL sorry, Im from ....(Check PM)

I appreciate your help seriously :thumbsup::)

the charger is fine I repair these units every day

Original Poster Banned

yogi99;3470923

the charger is fine I repair these units every day

yogi99;3470915

Right im off out now want anymore help then PM and see what we can do

:thumbsup:

Thanks.

hi i also have a problem with my advent 7097. i cannot get it to charge the battery or work on ac power anymore, before it did work when i positioned the charger connecter in a certain position but now its give up the ghost.
    i also had the same type of problem with the ethernet cable, gradually got worse until failing completely.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions