HUKD 7th birthday Twitter Party - Thursday 15th September at 7pm

Supermod 138 replies
Found 12th Sep 2011
We are good to you, aren't we. I mean, ANOTHER competition? Even though it is our birthday, we are peppering you with gifts.

On Thursday 15th September we will be having a Twitter Party. However, I am afraid we wont be supply any alcohol or hiring Status Quo. Instead we will provide a couple hours of fun and some vouchers for our lucky winners.

Every 30 minutes starting at 7pm (through to 9pm) we will be posting a clue on Twitter that should lead you to a specific deal that has been posted on HUKD. That deal will then be your answer and to have that answer registered with us you should tweet as follows:

@hotukdeals "DEAL LINK" #hukdparty

(DONT FORGET TO REPLACE "DEAL LINK" WITH THE ACTUAL LINK OF THE DEAL. DONT JUST WRITE IT!!)

It is incredibly important that your tweet is as shown above - answers cannot register with us if they do not comply.

For each round we will be offering 3 x £10 Amazon vouchers to correct entrants chosen at random and the last round at 9pm will see an additional £30 voucher given to one lucky winner.

So, put on your best party frock and make sure you are following us on Twitter. See you on the dance floor.

HUKD twitter link:
twitter.com/!/HotUKDeals
- Abvance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
138 Comments

Banned

We are good to you, aren't we. - No, not really.

Even though it is our birthday, we are peppering you with gifts. - i call it, ''giving back to the community''

Banned

just kidding, i like these

Original Poster Supermod

bossyboots

Are you going to be doing the "embarassing dad dance" MJ - cause if so, … Are you going to be doing the "embarassing dad dance" MJ - cause if so, am out

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/magic1986/tumblr_l8bekkC5WZ1qd9jvmo1_250.gif

Do the answers have to be correct on this one

Only teasing, will be joining in if i am about
Edited by: "secretwoman123" 12th Sep 2011

A lot of responses are just going to read...

@hukd "DEAL LINK" #hukdparty

For each round we will be offering 3 x £10 Amazon vouchers to correct entrants chosen at random and the last round at 9pm will see an additional £30 voucher given to one lucky winner.

So altogether there are 4 vouchers being given away (totaling £60)? Why not give away more vouchers of a lower value? Just a thought.

This competition is discriminatory to people, like myself, who don't have Twitter and is therefore infringing my human rights...

I will, thus, be seeking compensation (not in Amazon vouchers) for hurt feelings and distress...

Btw, happy birthday.

Original Poster Supermod

hdizzle

For each round we will be offering 3 x £10 Amazon vouchers to correct … For each round we will be offering 3 x £10 Amazon vouchers to correct entrants chosen at random and the last round at 9pm will see an additional £30 voucher given to one lucky winner. So altogether there are 4 vouchers being given away (totaling £60)? Why not give away more vouchers of a lower value? Just a thought.

No - there are 3 vouchers per round and 5 rounds. Therefore 15 £10 vouchers and one £30 voucher.

Unless your doing this competition via DM's then there is a big flaw in it...

As this is twitter only, what are HUKD doing to prevent stalkers who've moved over to said 140 character platform?

|Just started using twitter, but would,t doing it this way make it so we can see each other's answers?

MinstrelMan

As this is twitter only, what are HUKD doing to prevent stalkers who've … As this is twitter only, what are HUKD doing to prevent stalkers who've moved over to said 140 character platform?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/eugenia_cotrim_dias/Icons/Funny/icon-2.gif

Original Poster Supermod

NiggyG

Unless your doing this competition via DM's then there is a big flaw in … Unless your doing this competition via DM's then there is a big flaw in it...

alanlukeb1

|Just started using twitter, but would,t doing it this way make it so we … |Just started using twitter, but would,t doing it this way make it so we can see each other's answers?

I appreciate that but it is a bit of fun. However, obviously you need the correct deal in order to be entered so if you copy you could be copying an incorrect answer regardless of how many people think it is correct.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 12th Sep 2011

Sloth/Mod

You could give everyone £10 and they'll always be some that moan X) X)

Cheap advertising for HUKD's

NiggyG

Unless your doing this competition via DM's then there is a big flaw in … Unless your doing this competition via DM's then there is a big flaw in it...

alanlukeb1

|Just started using twitter, but would,t doing it this way make it so … |Just started using twitter, but would,t doing it this way make it so we can see each other's answers?

Ok (: Hopefully Ill be able to use twitter right X)

Something not on friday finally

fwibble

Cheap advertising for HUKD's

Really? I bet that never crossed their minds.

What next? A dedicated trading forum? A facebook page? Sister sites? More presence in Google results... & possibly movement on the HotUKDeals search engine facility.

[ hotukdeals.com/fee…260 ]

MDC

Something not on friday finally

We'll have a new "Member of the week" by then as well.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/ordinaryphotos/d1657c1b.jpg

Syzable

You could give everyone £10 and they'll always be some that moan X) X)

£10 is not much though is it ? (_;)

Drat, drat and double drat!

I'll be at work. Might catch the last round, though.

Twitter

- oh well that's me out then !!!

Banned

DangerGod

We are good to you, aren't we. - No, not really.Even though it is our … We are good to you, aren't we. - No, not really.Even though it is our birthday, we are peppering you with gifts. - i call it, ''giving back to the community''

its called care in the community .. as in they don`t care and we live in the community

Twitter is free to sign up with, you can sign up with a disposable email address like 10 minute mail and don't have to use your real name or any other id linking to you - So I don't see what the moaning is all about.

Even if you don't want to USE the service in its traditional manner, it could be useful to have an account in case you want to use it.

DangerGod

We are good to you, aren't we. - No, not really.Even though it is our … We are good to you, aren't we. - No, not really.Even though it is our birthday, we are peppering you with gifts. - i call it, ''giving back to the community''

dog_cop

its called care in the community .. as in they don`t care and we live in … its called care in the community .. as in they don`t care and we live in the community

Thought this would be apt at present, d_c:

Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx

Marriage is a wonderful institution...but who wants to live in an … Marriage is a wonderful institution...but who wants to live in an institution?

(Groucho logged-off from the community in 1977 though)

BFN,

fp.

jacksonliam

Twitter is free to sign up with, you can sign up with a disposable email … Twitter is free to sign up with, you can sign up with a disposable email address like 10 minute mail and don't have to use your real name or any other id linking to you - So I don't see what the moaning is all about.Even if you don't want to USE the service in its traditional manner, it could be useful to have an account in case you want to use it.

not moaning, but I don't fully understand how it works, perhaps its just me, lol. I tried it with the other Twitter comp they ran, but I was sure my twitters were just dissapering into cyber space !

Edited by: "richp" 12th Sep 2011

whoops i thought that was an email address, so you have to sign up to this twitter and send a private message from twitter to that address?

jacksonliam

Twitter is free to sign up with, you can sign up with a disposable email … Twitter is free to sign up with, you can sign up with a disposable email address like 10 minute mail and don't have to use your real name or any other id linking to you - So I don't see what the moaning is all about.Even if you don't want to USE the service in its traditional manner, it could be useful to have an account in case you want to use it.

That's beside the point. Why do we HAVE to join Twitter to partake in this competition? Sure I CAN, but why?! If this was a industrial tribunal and a worker had been sacked from Hooters for having brown hair and they wanted blondes only, that's discrimination. Sure she can dye her hair blonde but why does she have to? Therefore I will excise my right to sue, so wait to hear from my lawyers...

P.S. Only messin with ya... I do actually have Twitter but I don't like £10 Amazon vouchers...

P.P.S. Twitter is over rated and I like arguing anyway...

Original Poster Supermod

secretwoman123

whoops i thought that was an email address, so you have to sign up to … whoops i thought that was an email address, so you have to sign up to this twitter and send a private message from twitter to that address?

No - you have to "tweet" the answer (as above) and the hashtag will alert us of your answer.

DangerGod

Lol, well played DG

magicjay1986

No - you have to "tweet" the answer (as above) and the hashtag will alert … No - you have to "tweet" the answer (as above) and the hashtag will alert us of your answer.

i know i am going to look the biggest div but how do you tweet?

Original Poster Supermod

secretwoman123

i know i am going to look the biggest div but how do you tweet?

"Follow us" so you can see our tweets, then when you know the answer just type in "@HUKD followed by the deal link and finish it off with a tag. An example...

@hotukdeals hotukdeals.com/dea…174 #hukdparty

If that exceeds the character limit for a tweet then shorten the deal link using this site.

Edited by: "magicjay1986" 13th Sep 2011

Are people who have already won prizes banned from entering?

this is becoming hard work lol

have registered and followed you, that's as far as i have got

Awesome competition - Something for me to do thurs night now!

Happy Birthday

Original Poster Supermod

Abvance

Are people who have already won prizes banned from entering?

Nope - not at all. Everyone is welcome.

Original Poster Supermod

richp

not moaning, but I don't fully understand how it works, perhaps its just … not moaning, but I don't fully understand how it works, perhaps its just me, lol. I tried it with the other Twitter comp they ran, but I was sure my twitters were just dissapering into cyber space !

As long as you are answering with the correct format then they will be logged on our feed for us to see.

Link to the twitter for anyone looking for it:
twitter.com/!/HotUKDeals

Why Thursday this week, and not Friday as per?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming1321
    3. Orionid meteor shower over the weekend34
    4. Tickets on Sky VIP app44

See more discussions