HUKD censorship

Posted 10th Dec 2019Edited by:"Fagol"
3360273-dgXc0.jpgWhat is up with the thumbnails (outside of the post e.g. front page) being censored for basic things like lingerie?

e.g. hotukdeals.com/dea…211

I don't get HUKD's angle. Who are they aiming this site towards? Little kids?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
It's not the posts, it's the juvenile comments that get more extreme.
Nothing censored for me, have your parents put the safe search filter on or something?
15 Comments
I can't see what's being censored tbh
Nothing censored for me, have your parents put the safe search filter on or something?
Ringfinger10/12/2019 15:22

Comments are moderated (can be reported) though so I don't understand the purpose of censoring thumbnails.
Edited by: "Fagol" 10th Dec 2019
39314451-ZZgas.jpg
39314469-DouGC.jpg39314469-2MoeU.jpg
It`s way past 1984 but it`s very much in evidence here
It’s not really censoring, it’s just that some people might be browsing this site on their computers at work for example so any images that might be considered NSFW ( Not Safe For Work) are obscured. It’s no big deal, you can easily go in to the settings and have it set to show these images. It’s just about giving people the choice to be cautious about what they can choose to see. As well as work places having rules on what content is acceptable you might also have someone who would prefer to not see lingerie pictures due to religious sensibilities or pictures relating to condoms, sex toys, etc.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 10th Dec 2019
Yea it's just NSFW. Lingerie bit safe for work? So so.
OP's username should be censored.
Haircut_10010/12/2019 16:18

It’s not really censoring, it’s just that some people might be browsing thi …It’s not really censoring, it’s just that some people might be browsing this site on their computers at work for example so any images that might be considered NSFW ( Not Safe For Work) are obscured. It’s no big deal, you can easily go in to the settings and have it set to show these images. It’s just about giving people the choice to be cautious about what they can choose to see. As well as work places having rules on what content is acceptable you might also have someone who would prefer to not see lingerie pictures due to religious sensibilities or pictures relating to condoms, sex toys, etc.

Really I can't see anything in the settings? That does make sense though. Odd that HUKD make that decision for everyone though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions