HUKD contributors accumulated points reward system

Posted 18th Dec 2019
Hello everyone,

Not sure if this idea has been thrown around previously, but was wondering whether there was ever a discussion to like a contributor points rewards system (like tesco) whereby HUKD members gain points on posted threads. The points could then be redeemed at the end of the year in vouchers or cashback ...this way it may feel useful than cups or mugs giveaways, and would also incentivise members ...just a thought.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
It will cause even more spam posts, personally I would say to remove the “experts” and go back to every member being treated the same/fairly.
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 18th Dec 2019
8 Comments
It will cause even more spam posts, personally I would say to remove the “experts” and go back to every member being treated the same/fairly.
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 18th Dec 2019
Has it been thrown around previously, yes it has.
Edited by: "eslick" 18th Dec 2019
JohnnyRoller18/12/2019 21:12

It will cause even more spam posts, personally I would say to remove the …It will cause even more spam posts, personally I would say to remove the “experts” and go back to every member being treated the same/fairly.

They could remove the program and just give out a few gift vouchers each week or month to people they've selected. Just like the VIP rewards.
eslick18/12/2019 22:15

Has it been thrown around previously, yes it has.

Didn't realize it has, so apologies if am bringing an old topic back,
I only just realised the other day from the footnote of the posts, that HUKD may get paid by retailers from going through links on the threads, which is fine but how do members who continously contribute benefit from their output?... :/
Krypto_Pennyworth19/12/2019 08:28

They could remove the program and just give out a few gift vouchers each …They could remove the program and just give out a few gift vouchers each week or month to people they've selected. Just like the VIP rewards.

I agree... Something more substantive than mugs and tshirts and hoodies...
JohnnyRoller18/12/2019 21:12

It will cause even more spam posts, personally I would say to remove the …It will cause even more spam posts, personally I would say to remove the “experts” and go back to every member being treated the same/fairly.

... Interesting idea :/
sikiliza6919/12/2019 19:36

Didn't realize it has, so apologies if am bringing an old topic back, I …Didn't realize it has, so apologies if am bringing an old topic back, I only just realised the other day from the footnote of the posts, that HUKD may get paid by retailers from going through links on the threads, which is fine but how do members who continously contribute benefit from their output?... :/

They don’t and only Pepper the site owners, their staff which go by all sorts of names including editors get paid. The pepper experts get something but we don’t know what for finding deals these were users who now get acknowledged for what they do. It’s a beta program and is supposed to be being reviewed at the moment which may see other things happening but I doubt it.

the site has always been paid for your clicks it’s just now they are making it more clear probably after having it discussed with them by the Advertising Standards Agency.

obviously hosting such a big site and everything that goes with it costs Pepper money but we just get the other deals as our reward
Most of the posts are already by paid contributors. i.e. salaried.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions