HUKD Diamonds

Found 8th Mar
Does anyone know how the new diamonds thing that you see in your profile works? What is the meaning of featured on the homepage etc?

Not that it makes much of a difference, but just curious seeing some of these new things appear in the badges section.

Ta!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Badges are merely a way to make you feel better about contributing and generating cash for a business, the badges are free to provide for a site like for instance Tripadvisor but are almost always of zero monetary value
Edited by: "davewave" 8th Mar
it shows further down the page in the discription. Means it’s been on the highlights page. Sorry stupid phone won’t let me switch off the bold text for some reason

Edit agree with Daves comment means nothing really. Though looking at mine I was 50 comments short of having 400 comments on a post and now I feel bad . Joking. Edit again now I a really miffed it says I haven’t had the hottest deal of the day and I have!! See what you did asking about badges

Diamond1/5

Nice work! Five of this user's deals have been showcased on the hotukdeals homepage
Edited by: "eslick" 8th Mar
Original Poster
davewave6 m ago

Badges are merely a way to make you feel better about contributing and …Badges are merely a way to make you feel better about contributing and generating cash for a business, the badges are free to provide for a site like for instance Tripadvisor but are almost always of zero monetary value

Fully agree, I got bored of the TripAdvisor level 6 nonsense, infact so much so I stopped posting anything there. All the sites benefit from the member contribution but wouldn't pay them a dime - annoying, but thats their business model. I was just curious what HUKD does to calculate the diamonds is all.
I've just had an email saying sorry, due to a bug with the diamond badge they're taking it off me...yep, really couldn't give a monkeys!
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 8th Mar
Got a message earlier:
“Hi Mechtup,

You might have noticed the diamond badge on your profile, which you were awarded for having multiple deals featured on the hotukdeals highlights page.

Unfortunately, we’ve a bit of a problem - There is a bug with the badge and in order to fix it, we need to adjust some of the thread counts. This will mean your badge will no longer show on your profile as you actually have not hit the thread count threshold.. If we could manually apply it to your account we would, we’re really sorry!

Don’t worry too much though, your previous threads will still count toward the total and you should hit the badge threshold soon! You can check your progress on https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/Mechtup/overview#badges

Please let us know if you need any more information”
Mechtup11 m ago

Got a message earlier:“Hi Mechtup,You might have noticed the diamond badge …Got a message earlier:“Hi Mechtup,You might have noticed the diamond badge on your profile, which you were awarded for having multiple deals featured on the hotukdeals highlights page. Unfortunately, we’ve a bit of a problem - There is a bug with the badge and in order to fix it, we need to adjust some of the thread counts. This will mean your badge will no longer show on your profile as you actually have not hit the thread count threshold.. If we could manually apply it to your account we would, we’re really sorry!Don’t worry too much though, your previous threads will still count toward the total and you should hit the badge threshold soon! You can check your progress on https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/Mechtup/overview#badgesPlease let us know if you need any more information”

Commiserations Metchup, here's a badge of similar value to the one you lost...

33403649-USo1Z.jpg
Mechtup37 m ago

Got a message earlier:“Hi Mechtup,You might have noticed the diamond badge …Got a message earlier:“Hi Mechtup,You might have noticed the diamond badge on your profile, which you were awarded for having multiple deals featured on the hotukdeals highlights page. Unfortunately, we’ve a bit of a problem - There is a bug with the badge and in order to fix it, we need to adjust some of the thread counts. This will mean your badge will no longer show on your profile as you actually have not hit the thread count threshold.. If we could manually apply it to your account we would, we’re really sorry!Don’t worry too much though, your previous threads will still count toward the total and you should hit the badge threshold soon! You can check your progress on https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/Mechtup/overview#badgesPlease let us know if you need any more information”

Had the same message, dont really care about badges myself but was confused as to why the HUKD mod team care too
davewave34 m ago

Commiserations Metchup, here's a badge of similar value to the one you …Commiserations Metchup, here's a badge of similar value to the one you lost...[Image]

I didn’t say I cared. Badges don’t matter to me. Besides, you meant this:
33403879-sb4a6.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants