Groups

HUKD doctors...

Banned
    Got a cracked rib, what can be done about it? Just sneezed a while ago and well I almost fainted with the pain.

Think it's the old crack from an old snowboarding injury.

20 Comments

don't sneeze again then = no more pain

Banned

fern37

genius

Man up.

Do you want one of my spare ones out the freezer??

Original Poster Banned

Jumpingphil

What did the old doctor say about the old injury?

he said "probably"

are u looking for attention cos wifey is too busy making ur baby grow!

It would help if you were strapped up, ie bandage round your ribs.

Original Poster Banned

magicbeans

are u looking for attention cos wifey is too busy making ur baby grow!

She's gone to sleep

on that subject some guy at rugby saw me and wifey at the doctors, he shouted across the pitch so you're having a baby? Said how the hell did you know that? "saw the blue folder", was like hu? "I've had two of my own I know"

Edited by: "lumoruk" 9th Sep 2010

lumoruk

She's gone to sleep on that subject some guy at rugby saw me and wifey at … She's gone to sleep on that subject some guy at rugby saw me and wifey at the doctors, he shouted across the pitch so you're having a baby? Said how the hell did you know that? "saw the blue folder", was like hu? "I've had two of my own I know"

haha...was wifey ok for him to announce ur baby news like that?!

Original Poster Banned

magicbeans

haha...was wifey ok for him to announce ur baby news like that?!

no

Syzable

Do you want one of my spare ones out the freezer??

I got some fresh in the fridge.

if you been to docs why ask on here
    as you know you cant do much except take pain killers and become a man stop being a woos

Original Poster Banned

I went to doctors 5+ yrs ago for my broken rib, this is a new one or couple. Anyway I manned up and played Saturday made it 10 times worse. Just popping pills for the pain now.

When did you do it?If it was recent then you should have had exercises to do and plenty of Co Codamol!

Only way to treat it is conservatively, ie just manage with pain relief. Regular analgesia every 4 hours. You can take codeine, paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time, although sometimes good to take 30/500 cocodamol then 2 hours later the ibuprofen. Don't wait for the pain to get severe before taking pain relief. HTH

Oh and obviously stay clear of ibuprofen if you have stomach ulcers, severe ashma or IBS.
    Edited by: "Shellywelly" 13th Sep 2010

Original Poster Banned

Taking pills for my asthma but I'm okay with ibuprofen.

Done it last Thursday.

fern37

i love that suggestion

another good one would be to break something else to take the pain away. Break a finger, arm, leg the list is endless!

If you only fractured it last Thurs then I am not suprised your in pain!Or do you mean this is when you sneezed?Make sure you do your breathing exercises young man

Original Poster Banned

gemmyw

If you only fractured it last Thurs then I am not suprised your in … If you only fractured it last Thurs then I am not suprised your in pain!Or do you mean this is when you sneezed?Make sure you do your breathing exercises young man

What are these? do I just breath deeply and stretch my rib cage?

Banned

i broke my mums ribs picking her up when he got in the way of me and another lad havin an argument i only picked her up and moved her, broke 3
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions