HUKD Editing bug?

Posted 5th Mar
I have noticed that if you have made a typo and then go back and edit the single word, and press "Post", it doesn't correct the word and restores it back to what the original error was.

Another thing, if you make a mistake on a thread that has been flagged to moderate every comment, even if you edit one word or one letter - The whole thing has to go through moderation again. Maybe a better algorithm could be coded to detect the changes so they don't have to go to moderation again?
Community Updates
Misc
27 Comments
Thanks for this. I'm not sure I follow the first issue. Are you referring to editing it after it being posted?
Edited by: "Jason" 5th Mar
"I have noticed that if you have made a typo and then go back and edit the single word, and press "Post", it doesn't correct the word and restores it back to what the original error was."

I think they mean with a spell checker @Jason

you need to add something else a 'space' works
I have noticed this as well, if you correct the spelling mistake using the spell check menu and then post without adding anything else it will revert back to the misspelled word.
Edited by: "McShane1" 5th Mar
I’ve noticed that if you end your comment with a punctuation mark such as ‘! or a ?’, that’s often missed off when the post is shown. You then go back to edit it, and unless you press the space bar once or twice after the correction, again it will be missing from the edited post.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 5th Mar
Yeah I’m blaming all my spelling errors, typos and grammatical errors on the HUKD’s editing bug.
Toptrumpet05/03/2020 18:02

I’ve noticed that if you end your comment with a punctuation mark such as ‘ …I’ve noticed that if you end your comment with a punctuation mark such as ‘! or a ?’, that’s often missed off when the post is shown. You then go back to edit it, and unless you press the space bar once or twice after the correction, again it will be missing from the edited post.

Agree it happens a lot that last character is missed off.

Seems to be worse on IOS you can edit it back in and it still appears missing in the edited post.
myusernamehasgone23405/03/2020 18:44

Seems to be worse on IOS you can edit it back in and it still appears …Seems to be worse on IOS you can edit it back in and it still appears missing in the edited post.

I’m on IOS as well
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 5th Mar
Toptrumpet05/03/2020 18:54

I’m on IOS as well

Definitely is a problem on IOS it happens frequently in all seriousness it why most of my posts / comments are edited.
Jason05/03/2020 17:10

Thanks for this. I'm not sure I follow the first issue. Are you referring …Thanks for this. I'm not sure I follow the first issue. Are you referring to editing it after it being posted?

I'll spell purposelly wrong deliberately..

So now I will edit it to correct it (remove the extra "l")..

You will find that this comment still says the incorrect spelling because it has restored the original error back into the comment.
Edited by: "guru404" 5th Mar
Been doing it for a while now, if you end a sentence without a full stop it chops part of the word off.

Also on iOS devices when you double click at the end of a sentence it doesn’t add a full stop, been like that for ages but doesn’t happen anywhere else
Edited by: "eslick" 5th Mar
guru40405/03/2020 19:06

I'll spell purposelly wrong deliberately..So now I will edit it to correct …I'll spell purposelly wrong deliberately..So now I will edit it to correct it (remove the extra "l")..You will find that this comment still says the incorrect spelling because it has restored the original error back into the comment.

Unless I am missing the obvious, isn't that just your devices spellcheck/keyboard settings!?
Testing. Test. Test test.

Hello test. Test. Testing
Jason05/03/2020 19:13

Testing. Test. Test test. Hello test. Test. Testing

@eslick That comment i've quoted was posted via the app (iOS) using double space for full stop and it posted absolutely fine for me. It was also edited.
Jason05/03/2020 19:14

@eslick That comment i've quoted was posted via the app (iOS) using double …@eslick That comment i've quoted was posted via the app (iOS) using double space for full stop and it posted absolutely fine for me. It was also edited.

Sorry not the app, on safari on iPad double clicked after iPad no full stop appeared
Jason05/03/2020 19:10

Unless I am missing the obvious, isn't that just your devices …Unless I am missing the obvious, isn't that just your devices spellcheck/keyboard settings!?

I don’t think it is just that. It appears correctly when you post then the comment is live and the last character is missing

another example is if you miss spell the last word the phone auto corrects but in the comment half the word is missing or spelt incorrectly.

I use the site a lot on iOS and it is noticeable I am honestly frequently having to edit and it edits it the same unless you add a space for example.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 5th Mar
This is the website on iOS not the app by the way.
Testing iPad iPad ipad
So here is an ex
We sound drunk
Jason05/03/2020 19:10

Unless I am missing the obvious, isn't that just your devices …Unless I am missing the obvious, isn't that just your devices spellcheck/keyboard settings!?

I'm on a desktop PC using Chrome.

40049799-5vPjt.jpg
myusernamehasgone23405/03/2020 19:19

In the above I wrote[Image] [Image] This is how the comment appeared …In the above I wrote[Image] [Image] This is how the comment appeared [Image]

Put a full stop at the end and it saves the full wor
eslick05/03/2020 19:22

Put a full stop at the end and it saves the full wor

In this case it should have of course been word.
Tseting
Yep. I’ve replicated it all now. Thanks guys - I’ve enough info to get it logged.
Jason05/03/2020 19:24

Yep. I’ve replicated it all now. Thanks guys - I’ve enough info to get it l …Yep. I’ve replicated it all now. Thanks guys - I’ve enough info to get it logged.

Can we not keep going

joking
Edited by: "eslick" 5th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants