HUKD Energy Switch - update: Now get up to £42 gift cards and a cheaper tariff when you switch

70 replies
Found 11th Nov 2016
Thought I might get some cheap heat out of this [geddit?!!!] - not widely reported so might help somebody.

hotukdeals.com/ene…ing?

http://image.prntscr.com/image/3f1844a966f4421fb814a19907c6468f.png

Top comments

its stupid getting cheaper suppliers. our house and hot water heats up much quicker with premium gas. a bit like buying cheap supermarket fuel compared to a quality fuel. honestly , I actually think our boiler sounds quieter too.....false econimy buying cheap gas. event our TV has a better picture with the electricity. think its something to do with the electricity is smoother and a cleaner frequency compared to budget electricity. even the pots are cleaner out of the dishwasher!
70 Comments

You say it's the cheapest deal in the UK, yet you're on a cheaper one?

Coming in at £345 cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP energy comes in even cheaper with a saving of £425 a year but their customer services look to be 1 out of 10 whereas EDF look to be about 7. Time to change supplier i think.

ronkers

You say it's the cheapest deal in the UK, yet you're on a cheaper one?

current deals are cheaper but prices have gone up so, if you do the maths you will save money if your current deal ends and you stay with the supplier on their normal rate and possibly if you stay and switch later as prices will have gone up. However saying that there are a couple of quite good EDF and dare I say it Npower deals out there at the moment, I did my mams, yesterday and though one of her prices was slightly higher the actual standing charge was cheaper and saved her about £80 a year.

diamondnine

Coming in at £345 cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP energy comes … Coming in at £345 cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP energy comes in even cheaper with a saving of £425 a year but their customer services look to be 1 out of 10 whereas EDF look to be about 7. Time to change supplier i think.

EDF have been excellent on one of my old relatives account, we are with the Co-op for just under a year, so far so good, no issues when contacting them and quick responses. Check separate gas and electric they can also work out cheaper.

its stupid getting cheaper suppliers. our house and hot water heats up much quicker with premium gas. a bit like buying cheap supermarket fuel compared to a quality fuel. honestly , I actually think our boiler sounds quieter too.....false econimy buying cheap gas. event our TV has a better picture with the electricity. think its something to do with the electricity is smoother and a cleaner frequency compared to budget electricity. even the pots are cleaner out of the dishwasher!

MRGRINGO

its stupid getting cheaper suppliers. our house and hot water heats up … its stupid getting cheaper suppliers. our house and hot water heats up much quicker with premium gas. a bit like buying cheap supermarket fuel compared to a quality fuel. honestly , I actually think our boiler sounds quieter too.....false econimy buying cheap gas. event our TV has a better picture with the electricity. think its something to do with the electricity is smoother and a cleaner frequency compared to budget electricity. even the pots are cleaner out of the dishwasher!

cheaper gas?premium gas?

im going to guess its a wind up post X)

EN1GMA

cheaper gas?premium gas?im going to guess its a wind up post X)

​what? even my neighbour said when our boiler is on, the steam that blows out smells better than his. (his smells a bit eggy)

I've just moved to iSupply, fixed for 33 months, the price was roughly the same price as the fixed deal I was on with OVO, but the renewal with OVO was going up from £103 to £129, a no brainer from me as I can't see energy prices coming down any time soon, energy is priced in dollars so while we've got Brexit hanging over us the price of energy is only going one way !

Why post a deal for something that HUKD themselves are advertising within their deal lists page?

Also Mr Gringo - Go Away

Original Poster

Pepp77

Why post a deal for something that HUKD themselves are advertising within … Why post a deal for something that HUKD themselves are advertising within their deal lists page?Also Mr Gringo - Go Away

what's the deals lists page? never heard of it nor will most people here have heard of it

that's why

diamondnine

Coming in at £345 cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP energy comes … Coming in at £345 cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP energy comes in even cheaper with a saving of £425 a year but their customer services look to be 1 out of 10 whereas EDF look to be about 7. Time to change supplier i think.

I wish I could say the same. I left EDF because it was impossible to talk to anyone in their customer service . I was on hold for up to 1h several times until I gave up a few weeks later. I just wanted to update the direct debit details, but never managed to.

luvsadealdealdeal

what's the deals lists page? never heard of it nor will most people here … what's the deals lists page? never heard of it nor will most people here have heard of itthat's why

The main page that lists all the deals, like so

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/pja77uk/HUKD_zpsauqjhtaw.png

luvsadealdealdeal

...***HUKD say:*** ...£265 average saving for HUKD members..

How can HUKD make this claim.
HUKD do not know the consumption figures of HUKD members, nor the current tariffs HUKD members are on.

I checked this out the other day. It's not cheaper for me than my current deals, and is not even cheaper for me than the existing SP dual fuel deal available to everyone.

If i saved £300 on my energy bill i would have nothing to pay all year

I will be -£4.00 plus £40.00 leaving fee so £44.00 worse off ouch.

bigwheels

I will be -£4.00 plus £40.00 leaving fee so £44.00 worse off ouch.

The leaving fee is a real bitch i don't know why there allowed to charge it.

Does anyone actually have the full breakdown of the figures? I.e Standing charges and unit rates?

The average savings figures always assume you're on an expensive standard tariff, when I'd bet that a good proportion of users on here aren't.
Edited by: "ahenners" 11th Nov 2016

Desperately trying to find a deal myself.

My uswitch collective oct15 just ended with eon, now stuck with these on a hook and bait tarrif, gone from £1054 too £1488 oO

I use 15000 gas and 5500 electric..

I also notice it's impossible to get a new uswitch tarrif with eon as they are not listed on there anymore
Edited by: "mxer450" 11th Nov 2016

Note: I believe that energy suppliers are not allowed to charge an exit fee if you're within 49 days of the end of your existing contract

hot for me. cheaper than the equivalent MSE energy club deal and beats any other quote I have had on other comparison sites.

also £30 quidco cashback

actually, scratch that. no quidco as only the hukd link gives the cheap EDF rate. still cheaper than anyone else for me though.

Pepp77

The main page that lists all the deals, like so

​The one you don't see in the app or in WhatsApp

ronkers

Note: I believe that energy suppliers are not allowed to charge an exit … Note: I believe that energy suppliers are not allowed to charge an exit fee if you're within 49 days of the end of your existing contract

indeed .... ofgem.gov.uk/sim…ent

ycsb

hot for me. cheaper than the equivalent MSE energy club deal and beats … hot for me. cheaper than the equivalent MSE energy club deal and beats any other quote I have had on other comparison sites.also £30 quidco cashback

​I went with the last MSE getting £60 cashback and now British Gas are putting me straight on a smart meter. EDF were nothing but a pain said they could take up to 6 weeks to correct an error they made with my meter details on the National Meter registry until I threatened them with Ofgem!

mine says the best deal is £15 more expensive so not such a great deal for me

mxer450

Desperately trying to find a deal myself.My uswitch collective oct15 just … Desperately trying to find a deal myself.My uswitch collective oct15 just ended with eon, now stuck with these on a hook and bait tarrif, gone from £1054 too £1488 oOI use 15000 gas and 5500 electric..I also notice it's impossible to get a new uswitch tarrif with eon as they are not listed on there anymore

Cheapest I can find using my postcode and your figures is £1106 fixed for one year with no exit fee(+ possible cashback through quidco). This is with one of the smaller suppliers. isupply which webman mentioned has a fixed deal for 33 months coming in at £1150, which strangely is cheaper than their shorter term deals. I was going to recommend them to a relative until I saw their shocking reviews.

bogglebrain

Cheapest I can find using my postcode and your figures is £1106 fixed for … Cheapest I can find using my postcode and your figures is £1106 fixed for one year with no exit fee(+ possible cashback through quidco). This is with one of the smaller suppliers. isupply which webman mentioned has a fixed deal for 33 months coming in at £1150, which strangely is cheaper than their shorter term deals. I was going to recommend them to a relative until I saw their shocking reviews.

Really good of you to take the time out for me, gold star really appreciative

I'm getting the same deals too with suppliers I've never heard off? Big six have gone away to hide..

Isupply, bulb, iresa to name a few all around 1200, but I'm not happy moving to companies ive never heard off, I wouldn't feel comfortable???...perhaps it's me being paranoid?

Thanks again for your quality time, cheers.

Looks like I'm staying with eon

Which I'm guessing is there idea
Edited by: "mxer450" 11th Nov 2016

mxer450

Really good of you to take the time out for me, gold star really … Really good of you to take the time out for me, gold star really appreciative :DI'm getting the same deals too with suppliers I've never heard off? Big six have gone away to hide..Isupply, bulb, iresa to name a few all around 1200, but I'm not happy moving to companies ive never heard off, I wouldn't feel comfortable???...perhaps it's me being paranoid?Thanks again for your quality time, cheers.Looks like I'm staying with eon Which I'm guessing is there idea

How can you not trust Robin Hood energy; they only steal from the rich. Again using my postcode and your figures, Quidco's own energy comparison tool shows an EDF one year fix with no exit fee for £1229 ( with £40 back from quidco). I tend to use Quidco compare now because I got sick of using energy comparison sites on Quidco where the cashback didn't track. At least if you use their own comparison tool it's hard for them to deny it has tracked. I'm sure you will be able to cut a fair chunk off EDF's tariff.

A couple of things re. the smaller suppliers. A lot of them seem to use a model whereby you pay a month ahead, so if they went bust you could wave goodbye to a month's energy payments. I did read one review of a smaller company which said the provider had working capital of £100 and used the upfront money to fund the company. I also read elsewhere that should a company go bust there would be no disruption to your supply as another provider would step in.

I have been with OVO Energy for last 3 years. Not found anyone in my area that beats them. I have the Loop Energy monitoring which I got as a trial freebie. It regularly tries to recommend different suppliers based on my actual usage. It says my deal cannot be beaten. It's never recommended EDF by the way. I guess it's different depending on where you live. Still think the smaller suppliers give a better customer service than the big ones.

diamondnine

Coming in at 393.01€ (£345) cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP en … Coming in at 393.01€ (£345) cheaper foe me. Currently with SSE. CO-OP energy comes in even cheaper with a saving of 484.14€ (£425) a year but their customer services look to be 1 out of 10 whereas EDF look to be about 7. Time to change supplier i think.

I signed up yesterday.Fix till Feb 18.

bogglebrain

How can you not trust Robin Hood energy; they only steal from the rich. … How can you not trust Robin Hood energy; they only steal from the rich. Again using my postcode and your figures, Quidco's own energy comparison tool shows an EDF one year fix with no exit fee for £1229 ( with £40 back from quidco). I tend to use Quidco compare now because I got sick of using energy comparison sites on Quidco where the cashback didn't track. At least if you use their own comparison tool it's hard for them to deny it has tracked. I'm sure you will be able to cut a fair chunk off EDF's tariff.A couple of things re. the smaller suppliers. A lot of them seem to use a model whereby you pay a month ahead, so if they went bust you could wave goodbye to a month's energy payments. I did read one review of a smaller company which said the provider had working capital of £100 and used the upfront money to fund the company. I also read elsewhere that should a company go bust there would be no disruption to your supply as another provider would step in.

Thank you. Very interesting, informative read.

I'm tempted to stay with eon @ £1388 I know there are savings out there but does it out way a move?, I'm unsure atm?

I'm guessing by the cold vots alot are experiencing the same issues nothing to see here for "Members" HUKD

mxer450

Thank you. Very interesting, informative read.I'm tempted to stay with … Thank you. Very interesting, informative read.I'm tempted to stay with eon @ £1388 I know there are savings out there but does it out way a move?, I'm unsure atm?I'm guessing by the cold vots alot are experiencing the same issues nothing to see here for "Members" HUKD

If that is a one year fix with eon you are talking about a difference of roughly £200. I suppose it comes down to how much you value eon's customer service. I change every year and once the account is up and running I rarely contact the customer service department more than a couple of times during the year I'm with them.

After all that I decided to click on the get deal button to see whether the deal was any good. Same as before my postcode your figures and the cheapest result was npower one year fix for £1095, which I must admit is pretty good. If I was you I'd click on the link and try your own postcode. You aren't committed to anything until you sign up.

copystuff

If i saved £300 on my energy bill i would have nothing to pay all year

If I saved £300 on my energy bill then I would be owed money X)

cheapest for me, as i'm up for renewal, thanks HUKD!

E.ON have sent me a letter asking me to provide them with meter readings, so that they can update the charge on my Direct Debit - even though I'm on a 12 month fixed rate deal. Is this normal?

This website linked by the HUKD promotion seems to be a bit of a con. How exactly will I be making a saving of £97 by switching to this deal?

Apparently I will use £614 of electricity for 4000 KwH if I switch, compared to £663 I'm spending now... yet look at the unit prices and standing charges of both tariffs - the one I'm on now is cheapest in all rates!! Unfortunately it's ending soon.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12843960/energycomparision.jpg
Edited by: "aarste" 10th Feb

Original Poster

As you say, yours in ending soon...

I just did this seems i will save quite a lot due to no standing charges and the rates already cheaper than my current supplier so save around £200 right away! Is it a con to sign up for the £40 argos vouchers?

I went with utilita, i rang them and the guy was terrible on the phone, like really bad, hardly couldnt speak english! not sure if i wanna stay with them to save around £50 a year or go ebico just because they speak english and easier to speak to?

Any tips? is anyone with utilita and had good customer service? the guy was horrible to talk to and even told me to sign up online instead of through him!

While ebico was really easy to sign up with and answered everything i asked!

I have 14 days to make my mind up, someone help me put my mind to rest, both are no fee switch tariffs so i can move but its like a month waiting time each time...

iresa energy got marked best value by moneysupermarket.com - although, of course, market rates are constantly changing.

iresa.co.uk

I pay £68 a month with SSE for a 4 bed house. Contract up in May and everything I've seen is higher
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions