Groups

HUKD FS/T I MISS IT, DO YOU!?

As above! I really miss this part of the site. Had a good rapport with other HUKDers and it was a good place to sell. Can't get used to the new platform and it's not nearly as good! Anyone feel the same?!

Top comments

At least the HUKD has made loads of improvements since the site removed the FS/FT.....

Actually wait a sec......

They won't change back, they seem to have made the millions all by themselves the site owners not from us posting deals. Must be hard to hear from their virtual ivory towers

Reduced site usage and click through fewer deals as I have one less outlet to sell things on. For personal sales I can't be bothered with eBay so generally Gumtree and its more of a hassle. FS/FT was good at allowing people to 'trade up'. Example: Get a deal on a kindle, then sell your old one without fees on here. The circle of life has been broken and it will affect the site over the long term, it is a decision that was very short sighted.

loopylloyd

As above! I really miss this part of the site. Had a good rapport with … As above! I really miss this part of the site. Had a good rapport with other HUKDers and it was a good place to sell. Can't get used to the new platform and it's not nearly as good! Anyone feel the same?!

The benefit of not having a Classifieds Forum immediately accessible is that I have bought less stuff, & not sold any of my own items that are just taking up space.

Consequently, this has meant that I have no room to buy new items from the "Deals" Forum.

Oh well.
    23 Comments

They won't change back, they seem to have made the millions all by themselves the site owners not from us posting deals. Must be hard to hear from their virtual ivory towers

Oh, FS/FT:
    https://media.tenor.com/images/f54932e6b9553a5538f31a5ddd78a9f3/tenor.gif

loopylloyd

As above! I really miss this part of the site. Had a good rapport with … As above! I really miss this part of the site. Had a good rapport with other HUKDers and it was a good place to sell. Can't get used to the new platform and it's not nearly as good! Anyone feel the same?!

The benefit of not having a Classifieds Forum immediately accessible is that I have bought less stuff, & not sold any of my own items that are just taking up space.

Consequently, this has meant that I have no room to buy new items from the "Deals" Forum.

Oh well.

It was always there to get folks into the site (free buying and selling !). Must have been a nightmare to police by the Mods , and obviously produced no income to HUKD . Never could be a money earner , just something to attract folks to the money earning part of the site . No surprise it was ditched - and no complaints about its ditching from me .

We've always Lokal! Oh wait.. X)

At least the HUKD has made loads of improvements since the site removed the FS/FT.....

Actually wait a sec......

I offerred to buy someones Echo today, the comment was promptly deleted.. so not only can we not use FT/FS anymore, we cannot initiate any sort of sale using this site, I was gogin to advise them to list it on Lokal but MODS were too keen..

Also how is the Dedicated Gaming News Threads going?
    Edited by: "haritori" 13th Jul

I really miss it too, it's a shame it's gone. Like you said, it was nice to trade with people you know and trust (You being one of them :p)

Plus I accidentally got two lots of the 3 months XBL/£10 XB Credit from Amazon so I was hoping to sell one of them on here for a cheaper price than Amazon were but sadly can't......

haritori

Also how is the Dedicated Gaming News Threads going?

X)

haritori

I offerred to buy someones Echo today, the comment was promptly deleted.. … I offerred to buy someones Echo today, the comment was promptly deleted.. so not only can we not use FT/FS anymore, we cannot initiate any sort of sale using this site, I was gogin to advise them to list it on Lokal but MODS were too keen..Also how is the Dedicated Gaming News Threads going?

Well some of us are still putting the effort in.

Since it's gone it's obvious to see the impact the quality and quantity of the deals has fallen and you can tell many are less invested it visiting and joining in like the did before. Like many websites before decisions have been made and no doubt someone made a few bob.

Fair play.

Reduced site usage and click through fewer deals as I have one less outlet to sell things on. For personal sales I can't be bothered with eBay so generally Gumtree and its more of a hassle. FS/FT was good at allowing people to 'trade up'. Example: Get a deal on a kindle, then sell your old one without fees on here. The circle of life has been broken and it will affect the site over the long term, it is a decision that was very short sighted.

The worst thing was the total lack of consultation... I'd have happily moved to a pay model (with some minor improvements to the service) and so would others but we never even given the chance.

Flodd

The worst thing was the total lack of consultation... I'd have happily … The worst thing was the total lack of consultation... I'd have happily moved to a pay model (with some minor improvements to the service) and so would others but we never even given the chance.

Exactly my thoughts.

Just a moronic decision all-round, really.

But I doubt they care.

haritori

I offerred to buy someones Echo today, the comment was promptly deleted.. … I offerred to buy someones Echo today, the comment was promptly deleted.. so not only can we not use FT/FS anymore, we cannot initiate any sort of sale using this site, I was gogin to advise them to list it on Lokal but MODS were too keen..Also how is the Dedicated Gaming News Threads going?

all I can say is I suggest you don't deal via pm

under no circumstances private message any trusted members, especially ones you've dealt with before, it'll be really bad and the world might end so don't do it

....honest

Yeah - the HUKD team truly shafted the FS/FT regulars.

Lokal is a pile of ****

I've just moved over the AV Forums classifieds instead for most things.

dataload14th Jul

all I can say is I suggest you don't deal via pmunder no circumstances …all I can say is I suggest you don't deal via pmunder no circumstances private message any trusted members, especially ones you've dealt with before, it'll be really bad and the world might end so don't do it....honest

Id take your advice but never dealt with this person before so i just gave them my CC number and asked them to send at their convenience

If what replaced it wasn't such a steaming pile of uselessness, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Sadly it is, and I miss FS. But the site owners couldn't be bothered to run something which actually took more effort than having others posting deals.

JohnnyRoller

At least the HUKD has made loads of improvements since the site removed … At least the HUKD has made loads of improvements since the site removed the FS/FT.....Actually wait a sec......

For some reason my HKUD site has reverted to classic. It really really really wasn't broke. In fact, it was better from a usability standpoint.
    Edited by: "Splashmo" 16th Jul

I've just been to have another look to see if things have improved, last time I was searching was about 2-3 months ago

As far as I can see there are still a fair few ads, which have been posted, haven't even heard a whisper and which also look a pretty good deal!

I was also willing to give it a chance, but there's just something about the site which makes me second think

There's a lot of trust issues with it and which is why everyone enjoyed the HUKD FS site, but hey ho!

Nothing we can do, and it ain't coming back

The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen 1920 x 1080.

This new layout/design has made everything big and 'playmobil - clunky' Simply put - its awful.

I hope no-one was paid money to do this! --- WORST DEAL EVER

Got to say this new site is awful and since the fs/ft has gone I come on here a lot less. Never seems to be any good deals.
    I just come on here to give away my meerkat code now.
    Oh well I'm sure I'll find a different site to use.

Mallow210 m ago

Never seems to be any good deals

I've noticed that. Just the same poor deals posted by the same cliquey members. £2.50 TopCashBack deals getting 1k+ heat etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions