Groups

HUKD help: How do i find out the Top 20 Deals for the last 24 hours?

Ok so another 3 months and 3 days have passed since i made my last "tool"...

This tool shows you the 20* hottest deals over the last 25 hours from the Deals section.

It features low graphics. (so will display well on HUKD Mobile - another tool of mine)

Click the link in post #2 to have a look.

If there is interest in this i will make an email list which will send an email to you once a day with the top deals as an email.

*this can be made to any amount but am looking for feedback on what it should be.

To look at all the "tools" i have made click "gary_rip tools" in the tags below!

(again - these tools are made for my use; but shared so anyone can benifit)

19 Comments

Original Poster

hukd.garyrip.com/top/

Just finished so a bit rough round the edges but will do for now.

Oh and a limitation of this is that it will not show if the deal has expired - currently there is no way around this.

Great !

excellent idea! I will certainly use this

Banned

What a brilliant idea, I would definetely make use of this

Original Poster

Thanks guys. If you have any suggestions or find any errors then please let me know by posting in this thread.

Great! works well on Bolt on my Blackberry, so will keep that under faves :thumbsup:

gary_rip;6704333

http://hukd.garyrip.com/top/Just finished so a bit rough round the edges … http://hukd.garyrip.com/top/Just finished so a bit rough round the edges but will do for now.Oh and a limitation of this is that it will not show if the deal has expired - currently there is no way around this.

Love this, thanks x

Nice :thumbsup: and I see that you've already got it grouped with the others, so already in my favourites.

Just little nit pick that the row height in the chart is a bit narrow for my optimum 'read'.

I'd like it to beTop 20.

If you go ahead with the e-mail list, I'd like to be included please.

:thumbsup:

If there is interest in this i will make an email list which will send an … If there is interest in this i will make an email list which will send an email to you once a day with the top deals as an email

Id be interested in this also so id like to vouch my interest.

Original Poster

chesso;6715669

Just little nit pick that the row height in the chart is a bit narrow for … Just little nit pick that the row height in the chart is a bit narrow for my optimum 'read'.I'd like it to beTop 20.

Could you explain the row height bit for me - not sure what you mean.

Yeah i think that would be nice to have it so you can set it to how many you want.

I think i will make that modification tomorrow.

gary_rip;6716398

Could you explain the row height bit for me - not sure what you mean.Yeah … Could you explain the row height bit for me - not sure what you mean.Yeah i think that would be nice to have it so you can set it to how many you want.I think i will make that modification tomorrow.

Nothing important; I just think that there could be a few mm more in the height of the rows.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/garyriptable.jpg

Own choice on how many would be rather nice.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

chesso;6718157

Nothing important; I just think that there could be a few mm more in the … Nothing important; I just think that there could be a few mm more in the height of the rows.Own choice on how many would be rather nice.:thumbsup:

Have made the text a bit bigger and the rows a bit taller.

It would seem that own choice is a little harder than i thought so i may add this later... have upped it to 20 for now.

gary_rip;6723658

Have made the text a bit bigger and the rows a bit taller.It would seem … Have made the text a bit bigger and the rows a bit taller.It would seem that own choice is a little harder than i thought so i may add this later... have upped it to 20 for now.

Excellent stuff. This hits the spot I think. Clear, refreshable and 20 - all good.

Who would have thought that ant killer powder would make the Top 20??

Original Poster

Only thing really to do now (ive also added numbers so the deal is ranked 1-20) is to make a mobile version so the links take you to the hukd mobile site - thats more for my benifit really as will use this a lot on me blackberry.

gary_rip;6724474

Only thing really to do now (ive also added numbers so the deal is ranked … Only thing really to do now (ive also added numbers so the deal is ranked 1-20) is to make a mobile version so the links take you to the hukd mobile site - thats more for my benifit really as will use this a lot on me blackberry.

I'm not a 'mobile person', although I'm sure that many are and will appreciate the nifty addition, but I've got the Top 20 as one of my two homepage tabs now. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Nice to see so many of you still using this.

Have updated the OP to have the correct infomation.

Original Poster

Updated this today with some more robust code.

Original Poster

Was some down time on this over the last week but all working again now.

Please bring this back
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions