Groups

HUKD keeps down the price of stamps.....

There was an artical in the newspaper this morning saying that royal mail are complaining that they are loosing money because people are not allowing junk mail, cutting the mail sent from businesses. If this continues then they are going to either put the price of stamps up, make some areas pick it up from a collection point rather than having it delivered or cut the deliveries to every other day.

If this is the case, then with all the freebies and products people on HUKD order, we are helping to keep the price of stamps down and therefore doing a service to the rest of the country!

Three cheers for HUKD!

15 Comments

Yay.

/me orders more free SIMs to help out the postie.

Original Poster

See, and we thought we were making things harder for them by ordering so much - little did we (or they) know that we were keeping them in a job!

We have the council paper recycling bin in our porch and a shreader in the hallway, people shred their junk mail, we empty the shreaded bin into the paper recycling bin, voila.
    Of course we shouldn't have to, but vs. massive hike in postage costs I don't mind.
    Whether we like it or not the companies paying RM to send blind junkmail subcidises the consumer prices.

Original Poster

schizoboy

We have the council paper recycling bin in our porch and a shreader in … We have the council paper recycling bin in our porch and a shreader in the hallway, people shred their junk mail, we empty the shreaded bin into the paper recycling bin, voila.Of course we shouldn't have to, but vs. massive hike in postage costs I don't mind.Whether we like it or not the companies paying RM to send blind junkmail subcidises the consumer prices.

Yup I am not bothered by junk mail (Although have to say, dont receive any even after signing up for all the freebies etc) just goes in the shredder and then the recycling bin (Although we have to put newspapers on top of it, because otherwise they wont take it! Whats the difference between shredded paper and whole paper???)

they wont take shreddered papers by us either dont no why

Banned

our shredded paper has to go in with the garden waste and cardboard

kelly_o_fanatic

See, and we thought we were making things harder for them by ordering so … See, and we thought we were making things harder for them by ordering so much - little did we (or they) know that we were keeping them in a job!

Quite!!! :giggle: :giggle:

My shredded waste can go in the paper recycling bin, strange how some councils are different mind you suppose that is local councils for you!

Original Poster

engadine

My shredded waste can go in the paper recycling bin, strange how some … My shredded waste can go in the paper recycling bin, strange how some councils are different mind you suppose that is local councils for you!

Ours isnt supposed to, but they havent said anything when we put newspapers on top we do that most weeks, and they see when they tip it upside down

kelly_o_fanatic

Ours isnt supposed to, but they havent said anything when we put … Ours isnt supposed to, but they havent said anything when we put newspapers on top we do that most weeks, and they see when they tip it upside down

At the end of the day what difference does it make if the paper is shredded, it's still paper!

kelly_o_fanatic

Ours isnt supposed to, but they havent said anything when we put … Ours isnt supposed to, but they havent said anything when we put newspapers on top we do that most weeks, and they see when they tip it upside down

Don't see what difference it makes if the paper is shredded, it's still paper!

[COLOR=royalblue]When I lived in Canada,all our post (known locally as mail) was held at the local post office in lockable piegion holes. It was a bit like the old locker rooms at school. At the end of the row of lockers there was a dustbin where you could put all your junk mail, there was also another bin where you put any tokens you did not want and there were people going thru all this lot looking for something. It was good system because nothing went to waste.[/COLOR]

Crazy1

[COLOR=royalblue]When I lived in Canada,all our post (known locally as … [COLOR=royalblue]When I lived in Canada,all our post (known locally as mail) was held at the local post office in lockable piegion holes. It was a bit like the old locker rooms at school. At the end of the row of lockers there was a dustbin where you could put all your junk mail, there was also another bin where you put any tokens you did not want and there were people going thru all this lot looking for something. It was good system because nothing went to waste.[/COLOR]

I wonder what the identity theft rates were then compared to now, my sister had inordinate problems from the Student Loan Company over a identify theft case which took some serious and nasty letters from my dad to sort out.

Everyone in the family has a shredder and shreds anything with their name on, paranoid? Probably but better safe than sorry.

Original Poster

schizoboy

I wonder what the identity theft rates were then compared to now, my … I wonder what the identity theft rates were then compared to now, my sister had inordinate problems from the Student Loan Company over a identify theft case which took some serious and nasty letters from my dad to sort out.Everyone in the family has a shredder and shreds anything with their name on, paranoid? Probably but better safe than sorry.

I agree, I would take ALL mail home just to be on the safe side

Also, this would cause problems for people (such as myself) who are not able to get out of the house. How do they get their mail??

[COLOR=royalblue]There are no problems out there because all the sicko's are here - lol[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4169e1]Out there your mail is behind a locked door so you have to open it, and most coupons are non named so ID theft is not a prob.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4169e1]If you cannot get there, someone can use your key and get your mail.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4169e1]This sort of thing goes on out in the boonies, in the major cities mail is delivered to the door like in the UK.[/COLOR]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1948
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047083
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767176
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…33

See more discussions