Groups

HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread

For all Nintendo Switch owners on HUKD to connect with each other.

For general Nintendo chatter, there's the Great Big HUKD Nintendo thread (Formerly known as the HUKD Wii U owners thread) hotukdeals.com/mis…216

I don't know how the accounts and friends system would work on the Switch but I do know you can claim your Switch User ID already - accounts.nintendo.com/log…%2F

HUKD thread about it - hotukdeals.com/mis…316

Top comments

I am just back from the Smyths midnight launch in Inverness. It was closed! oO Have I got the date correct?! Travelled all that way and it is freezing up here. Felt like an idiot standing outside the store with all the lights off and shutters down!

darkspace100

Zelda has always been average and its just fanboys making a bigger deal … Zelda has always been average and its just fanboys making a bigger deal than it actually is. Also new system hype is clouding people's judgement. This is why I'm not buying this system because I know it will end up just being a console with indies and creepy jrpgs like the Vita was with the occasional exclusive. I'm fine with my PS4 until PS5 releases espesially as I barely have enough time playing games as it is.

So stop playing games and whining about systems you will never own on threads you don't have time to read.

Original Poster

CoolDude0123

Got to play it this time and I'm not really impressed with it. Felt quite … Got to play it this time and I'm not really impressed with it. Felt quite bored 15 minutes into it and played for 50 minutes. Don't think it's for me. Will play the beta again tomorrow and the next couple times it's on to see if anything changes. One of the flaws that I dislike about it is when I moved both joycons to the side, instead of moving to the side the fighter threw a punch instead. Hate it when that happens. Does the same thing when I try to block too. Not too sure how I feel about the 3 fighter mode and the 2 vs 2 cos those get very messy I'm always getting hit without being able to block any off. I did enjoy the volleyball however. Wanted more of that!

Try it without motion controls I've played it for 2 hours without. Enjoyed my preview with motion controls though.

I've been having a reasonably successful time with ARMS. Here are some tips:

Volleyball
    - Precision is key here (the whole object of the mini game is to teach you to aim)
    - Remember you can hit the ball as soon as it's in play. I've won many points just by timing the punch correctly.
    - Don't forget to 'set' the ball before spiking it. It's harder to defend.

1 v 1
    - Don't rush!
    - Don't rush!
    - Don't rush!
    - Consider tactical uses of arms. I use Master Mummy as my main - and I never use two heavy arms at once. One's always my quick fire one to sneak in hits and the other is to block other punches because I'm bigger.
    - Dash and dodge regularly
    - When someone tries a throw and you've dodged it, use the time to sneak a few punches in or a throw yourself
    - Keep your super in reserve until you need it or when they're low on health. Only use it when they've already committed to a punch or a throw.
    - Be very careful about using throws - they're powerful but if you miss, you're wide open.
    - Some characters act almost as counters to others. Master Mummy struggles against Ninjara's speed (though if they hit they suffer badly). As far as I can tell, Ninjara is perfectly built for hit and run. And Helix is all about evasion. Master Mummy is your classic tank, like Zangief (though unlike SF, Master Mummy is more viable)
    - Like boxing, you'd also benefit from varying your strikes. Keep your opponent guessing about your next play - don't get into a routine.

1 v 1 v 1
    - Try not to make yourself a target. At all costs, avoid being in between two others.
    - Imagine a triangle - make yourself the longest point and snipe others. You may have a different style but this seemed to work for me unless I got double teamed.
    - Remember to constantly change targets. Get a few hits in, change targets and react.

1 v 1 v 1 v 1
    - It's utter chaos. Just try to survive. And make yourself as inconspicuous as possible for a short while. Let others duke it out first.

2 v 2
    - Change targets often. It's quite chaotic so avoid throws - they tend to get blocked by punches.
    - Be more precise - people often just flail about mindlessly in this mode. Target your punches well. Dashing is even more important to avoid getting thrown since both of you go down.
    - Save your super until they've committed to an action

Edited by: "jsty3105" 28th May

Original Poster

Today is my birthday and Nintendo's given me a nice though not spectacular pressie of 300 platinum points. Would've been better if they were gold coins...
    1301 Comments

Original Poster

Friend code list:
    Mick 2692 SW-3106-9149-7220
    Kye1987 SW-3448-7073-3031
    Dolphinzz SW-7105-9946-8594
    darksideby182 SW-6739-1557-7191
    Sweeten16 SW-5155-3868-7787
    ScarboroughKID SW-​5157-2837-2696
    abu77 sw-3441-8933-9119
    moonwolf SW-6298-7973-4198
    jco83 SW-3695-3837-5875

Edited by: "jsty3105" 27th Mar

Original Poster

Tricks and workarounds:
    Thanks Marcoos - http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/hukd-nintendo-switch-owners-thread-2621430?p=30351780
    To transfer a digital game from internal memory to an SD card:
    1. Go to the options for the game on the Switch home screen and select data management
    2. Archive the game, your save data will not be deleted
    3. Power off the Switch and insert the SD card.
    4. Power up Switch and if prompted to run the update, first time use of an SD card.
    5. Click on the game icon and download. The game will be now downloaded to the SD card instead of internal memory.
    6. Enjoy!

Thanks to thedarkjedi - hotukdeals.com/mis…768
    I created a dashboard and web browser for the Switch when using the Facebook user account link trick. Go to facebook.com/Swi…ash for details on the trick and to access SwitchBoard.

How to set up an account to access another country's store: - Thanks Marcoos
    1. Go to accounts.nintendo.com/ and create a new account
    2. Select the country and time zone of the store you wish to access
    3. On your switch console, create a new account and link your newly created Nintendo account to it.
    4. Access the eShop, you will be prompted to select which account to use for that session. Just pick which store you want to access

Here's a link to all the games on the US eShop. Japanese store might be fun to try and find a link for..
    http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/switch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|release|des|-|-

JPN store list, you have to click a game to see the price:
    nintendo.co.jp/sof…tml

Edited by: "jsty3105" 27th Mar

Original Poster

Highlighted info: Thanks to imranio
    The following are some of the prices from the Canadian store (Overall the best). Remember that you have to add tax on top of about 5% (Edmonton, Alberta).

Binding of Isaac £30
    Little Inferno £7.20
    Human Resource Machine £6.60
    Neo Geo Games £5.92
    Voez £21
    Blaster Master Zero £7.50
    Zelda £48
    Bomberman £42
    12 Switch £39
    Shovel Knight Treas £20.40
    Just Dance £36
    Snipperclips £16.91
    I am Setsuna £24

You can buy credit from most places online such as pcgamesupply. $35 is about £21.

Edited by: "jsty3105" 18th Mar

Subbed. Not long to go now!

jsty3105

This is probably the best time to launch the HUKD Switch owners thread - … This is probably the best time to launch the HUKD Switch owners thread - mosey on over to - http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/hukd-nintendo-switch-owners-thread-2621430 and introduce yourself.

Hi. My name's jco83, and I'm looking forward to Nintendo Switch (_;) X) lol
    Seriously though I am looking forward to it and the new Zelda ofc, and I am hoping my online orders get delivered early
    Hype

My name's 'beastofthewild'

Mario_and_Luigi here oO
    Edited by: "peterhenson" 21st Feb

Banned

Well I have a pre order for the swtich, but still undecided if I will go through with it.

But anyway.. I have set up my id it's the same as my username on here It's also the same for Wii U and 3ds

super_mario_world is my username

Hardly anyone owns one yet.......

Nice, I just picked my first name, Sarah!

won't my normal mynintendo account work?

Banned

sweeten16

won't my normal mynintendo account work?

It appears not, Nintendo just can't do accounts in an organised fashion

Log onto the site and set yourself an ID

Marcoos

It appears not, Nintendo just can't do accounts in an organised fashion … It appears not, Nintendo just can't do accounts in an organised fashion :(Log onto the site and set yourself an ID

Is that under User ID in your account settings?

Banned

sweeten16

Is that under User ID in your account settings?

That's right, user information then user id

TreeMunky...

Marcoos

Well I have a pre order for the swtich, but still undecided if I will go … Well I have a pre order for the swtich, but still undecided if I will go through with it. But anyway.. I have set up my id it's the same as my username on here It's also the same for Wii U and 3ds

In the same boat. I've got Zelda preordered on the WiiU might just leave it at that.

My ID username thing is evamoree, I set it today planning on getting splatoons 2, zelda, Mario kart, maybe 'I am setsuna' and 1-2-Switch. Super excited

Got dysonism as my ID Looking forward to launch day with Zelda and 1 2 Switch after playing the launch lineup at the London reveal event in January! The hardware is gorgeous and seamless from my short time with it, even if the games lineup is lacking somewhat..

Zelda was amazing, played 20 minutes of it and was dying to jump back in for more. 1 2 Switch will be a fantastic game to show to other people, it truly is the Wii Sports of the Switch although maybe with less replayability (and I reckon absolutely should have been a pack in - total missed opportunity Nintendo). MK8 is already a fantastic game and recommended if you don't have it on the Wii Ubut really adds very little other to incentivize me back, Splatoon 2 unfortunately seems very very similar to the first (though Splatoon 1 was a fantastic game, I'd have liked to see more in the way of new ideas for 2).

Arms was surprisingly really fun and I'm definitely gonna pick that up when it comes out!

Has anyone had a chance to try out Bomberman? Sorely tempted but not sure I can justify £40 on a Bomberman game
    Edited by: "Dysonism" 21st Feb

Banned

Dysonism

Got dysonism as my ID Looking forward to launch day with Zelda and 1 2 … Got dysonism as my ID Looking forward to launch day with Zelda and 1 2 Switch after playing the launch lineup at the London Reveal event!MK8 is already a fantastic game and recommended if you don't have a Wii U, Splatoon 2 unfortunately seems very very similar to the first (though Splatoon 1 was a fantastic game, I'd have liked to see more in the way of new ideas for 2).Arms was surprisingly really fun and I'm definitely gonna pick that up when it comes out!Has anyone had a chance to try out Bomberman? Sorely tempted but not sure I can justify £40 on a Bomberman game

I think Bomberman could possibly be one of the first to have a price drop from retailers

onesim2017, Pre ordered Zelda, Mario kart and splatoon 2
    Edited by: "Sim2017" 21st Feb

Marcoos

I think Bomberman could possibly be one of the first to have a price drop … I think Bomberman could possibly be one of the first to have a price drop from retailers

Had it on preorder but decided to cancel as I'm sure Zelda will keep me occupied for some time. Hopefully by then it'll be >£30

Hoping to make a preorder if the price is right. Till then, I'm just happy to chat about the Switch

Amazon for the coloured one
    game store midnight opening for grey version.
    zelda limited. normal and wii u. 1 2 switch. bomber man. pre orders. arms. splatoon 2. mk8deluxe pre orders too.

pre ordered both colours

atlast81

Amazon for the coloured onegame store midnight opening for grey version. … Amazon for the coloured onegame store midnight opening for grey version. zelda limited. normal and wii u. 1 2 switch. bomber man. pre orders. arms. splatoon 2. mk8deluxe pre orders too.

So, have you managed to reach four figures there yet? X)

No Pro Controller or Charging Grip?

Oh yes, for the wider thread - I'm just Illusionary for my Switch account too.
    Edited by: "Illusionary" 21st Feb

Original Poster

Dysonism

Got dysonism as my ID Looking forward to launch day with Zelda and 1 2 … Got dysonism as my ID Looking forward to launch day with Zelda and 1 2 Switch after playing the launch lineup at the London reveal event in January! The hardware is gorgeous and seamless from my short time with it, even if the games lineup is lacking somewhat..Zelda was amazing, played 20 minutes of it and was dying to jump back in for more. 1 2 Switch will be a fantastic game to show to other people, it truly is the Wii Sports of the Switch although maybe with less replayability (and I reckon absolutely should have been a pack in - total missed opportunity Nintendo). MK8 is already a fantastic game and recommended if you don't have it on the Wii Ubut really adds very little other to incentivize me back, Splatoon 2 unfortunately seems very very similar to the first (though Splatoon 1 was a fantastic game, I'd have liked to see more in the way of new ideas for 2).Arms was surprisingly really fun and I'm definitely gonna pick that up when it comes out!Has anyone had a chance to try out Bomberman? Sorely tempted but not sure I can justify £40 on a Bomberman game

I may have bumped into you there then if yours was the morning session. Quite literally I think coz I was the only one with a toddler in a buggy.... The Nintendo staff were incredibly helpful in the times when I needed a path cleared.

Yes, ARMS is one of those games which look simple, perhaps overly so, on the surface, but once you play it you discover that the game has loads of hidden depth. I had a really good match against a Nintendo rep at a booth. The controls were really intuitive, even for more advanced moves and combos as I was dodging and timing my punches quite easily. I pummeled him in the first round but he came back strongly and then took the final round with a last gasp punch.

I tried Bomberman out there too but agree on the price feeling a bit high unless more modes and extras are announced/revealed. Would be fantastic for local multiplayer though!

These 'HotUkDeals ****** owners thread' threads are always successful.

Said no one ever.

Subscribed just in case.

nice one, Hitler wasn't taken

Don't think this is how we set it has mine been set for months

Changed to worrior87

thegamer147

Don't think this is how we set it has mine been set for months Changed to … Don't think this is how we set it has mine been set for months Changed to worrior87

This is a new option.

Just in case I decide to get one anyway, despite my initial dislike, I may find it just too difficult to resist zelda! Heres my ID;
    http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/2130/1656709-metroid_prime_logo_wallpaper__yvt2.jpg
    metroid_prime

Most likely to deliver BotW earliest?
    TGC or ShopTo ? Any insight/thoughts
    (not interested in Simply Games due to price)

Moonwolf1976

Just in case I decide to get one anyway, despite my initial dislike, I … Just in case I decide to get one anyway, despite my initial dislike, I may find it just too difficult to resist zelda! Heres my ID;metroid_prime

Just initial dislike?
    X)

Banned

jco83

Most likely to deliver BotW earliest?TGC or ShopTo ? Any … Most likely to deliver BotW earliest?TGC or ShopTo ? Any insight/thoughts(not interested in Simply Games due to price)

Are to getting the console before launch day then?

jco83

Most likely to deliver BotW earliest?TGC or ShopTo ? Any … Most likely to deliver BotW earliest?TGC or ShopTo ? Any insight/thoughts(not interested in Simply Games due to price)

I think that The Game Collection tend to dispatch earlier, but as above, it'll not do you much good without the console.

Marcoos

Illusionary

I think that The Game Collection tend to dispatch earlier, but as above, … I think that The Game Collection tend to dispatch earlier, but as above, it'll not do you much good without the console.

Oh yeah! Lol X) good point guys (_;) I'm getting a bit excited and I'm slightly delirious from a cold get well soon me

Marcoos

I hope so My order is with Nintendo Store

Banned

jco83

They're the last people I'd expect to send out early!

jco83

You'll get it on 3 March - no earlier, no later.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5597
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34206
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846260
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1021

See more discussions