Groups

HUKD Slow this morning - anyone else think this?

Each page is taking about 30-45 seconds to load (on two different computers and different browsers). I realise there has been some upgrading of the site, so is this where the problem lies?

Very slow, I am glad it's not my computer.........
    - simon012

34 Comments

agreed, and i sometimes get an internal error or something

sometimes i cannot access it at all xp sp2 ie7

YES, very!!!

XP SP2 & Firefox,thought I had lost my connection:?

Banned

very slow today. Why are HDUK 'upgrades' such a disaster. this page took 3 minutes to load!

Yep. something is very sticky indeed, since last nighst tinkering.

(Mac OS X 10.4, using Opera & Safari)

Original Poster

Thank folks! I'm please to see it is not just me. I was actually waiting to see who would suggest it was spyware on my computers!

Try clearing caches folks, it helped a little for me. Still flipping slow though.

Original Poster

hottoshop;1629826

Try clearing caches folks, it helped a little for me. Still flipping slow … Try clearing caches folks, it helped a little for me. Still flipping slow though.

This is probably helpful to some degree. My cache is deleted each time I shut down the browser (Avant). It looks like it is a glitch with HUKD. I'm sure the good people in charge of the site are working on the problem;-)

Def. problems I posted on here ( the page took over a minute to load ) and
    my post appeared in the original thread at the top!!!!

slow here as well on safari browser

Predikuesi;1629854

This is probably helpful to some degree. My cache is deleted each time I … This is probably helpful to some degree. My cache is deleted each time I shut down the browser (Avant). It looks like it is a glitch with HUKD. I'm sure the good people in charge of the site are working on the problem;-)

Yep, wasn't a cure just maybe would help. As it is for me it's now back to dead slow so no help whatsoever.

Posted an update in feedback, hope fully they are already on it !

Yup, painfully slow for me and pages not loading completely

Thought it was my computer:)

Think it's getting worse as the morning is going on!

Strange how not one mod has commented !!!!!

Thought it was my 3G being rubbish, glad it's the site really!

YES it's bloody painful...

Original Poster

Admin in Feedback section writes:

Yes we're aware of it. There was some upgrades to the setup we use to run … Yes we're aware of it. There was some upgrades to the setup we use to run the site last night and this seems to have some bugs that are being worked on. To be honest you'll probably have to keep suffering for a few more hours...

20mb/ps and it acts like dial up

slooooooooooooooooooooow.

thought it was just me

tuggy;1629975

Strange how not one mod has commented !!!!!

I don't know why the mods need to comment? We're in the exact same situation as you trying to ban people and it's taking forever!!! :w00t:

And I think you guys don't realise that we have no power... we're just here to keep the boards tidy, we have nothing to do with the hardware of the site...

still slow:lazy:

lots of sites are slow for me. Is there a general problem.

This is driving me insane!!!!!!

This is driving me insane!!!!!!:w00t:

marshallka;1630727

lots of sites are slow for me. Is there a general problem.

Strangely enough since I logged back on this PM you're right . Wasn't like it this morning though.

Can't even get emails through !

Looks like HUKD has dragged the whole internet down and it's all down to Emma. :w00t::p

suze;1630790

This is driving me insane!!!!!!

suze;1630792

This is driving me insane!!!!!!:w00t:

This is driving me insane!!!!!! :lol:

emmajk42;1630522

I don't know why the mods need to comment? We're in the exact same … I don't know why the mods need to comment? We're in the exact same situation as you trying to ban people and it's taking forever!!! :w00t:And I think you guys don't realise that we have no power... we're just here to keep the boards tidy, we have nothing to do with the hardware of the site...

Don't believe it - you could pedal faster. :whistling::-D

emmajk42;1630978

he just couldn't take the stress::

Brilliant - stopped me going insane anyway - unless this manic laughing is the final sign. Oh - I think that it's the smilies making everything dead slow.

It was painfully slow this morning.

emmajk42;1630954

This is driving me insane!!!!!! :lol:

Told you I was going insane Emma!!! :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213614
      3. Sad news about Barcelona2399
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257