HUKD Splatoon Shoot-Out

Found 3rd Sep 2015
I'm attempting to organise a fun, casual meet up for the Splatoon players of HUKD, hopefully something there is enough interest in to be possible regularly. Thanks to rimz790 for doing the ground work and garnering interest, from which I have PMed a group of HUKD users. I was using his previous thread to make a list of information but now it's coming together I wanted to have a dedicated place to post updates and where people can subscribe for news. If you're interested, get in touch via PM or by posting in the thread and please do subscribe. This thread is the only reliable way I have of getting information out quickly.

As you can imagine there is a range of availability so I am splitting the time up into 1 hour slots from 20:00 - 23:00, which I will allocate based on requirement. If there is too much interest I will make sure everybody gets at least one slot, which may require taking away slots from players with more than one. Please check your slot(s) allocation close to the starting time and be punctual. Let me know if there are problems, so we can avoid confusion and get as much play time as possible.

In terms of game play, I will probably aim to start the first 30 minutes of each slot with turf wars on a variety of maps then change over to the more competitive modes for the last 30 minutes. I will aim to balance the teams out based on performance so the matches are as close as possible.

I am open to input and ideas, feel free to let me know suggestions or criticisms.

Thanks!

USEFUL SPLATOON TOOLS AND LINKS:

Gear & ability planner: https://calc.splatoon.ink/

Gear Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spr…i=1

Detailed ability stacking information: squidboards.com/thr…71/

Full weapon list: nwplayer123.github.io/Spl…ns/

Current and next two map rotations / Ranked modes: splatooniverse.com/
Community Updates
MiscWii USplatoon
3572 Comments
Current Meet Up - To be confirmed

Slot 1: 20:00 - 21:00

Slot 2: 21:00 - 22:00

Slot 3: 22:00 - 23:00

By User:

Domislice - NNID Domislice Slot(s) ()
LoRdPlOps111 - NNID christpher35 Slot(s) ()
insx - NNID insx72 Slot(s) ()
jsty3105 - NNID Jsty3105 Slot(s) ()
rimz790 - NNID rimz790 Slot(s) ()
supermetroid - NNID Sherwiinator Slot(s) ()
siroko - NNID sirokoninja Slot(s) ()
gavvybiggs - NNID Gavvybiggs Slot(s) ()
cannibalwombat - NNID cannibalwombat Slot(s) ()
HXCMARC - NNID OssomMcOssom Slot(s) ()
HISTOREGG - NNID BRONSHA Slot(s) ()
gizmo2501 - NNID gizmo2501 Slot(s) ()
Error440 - Kane-of-Byrna Slot(s) ()

PLEASE CHECK THE TIMES I HAVE YOU DOWN FOR IN THIS POST ARE OKAY AS THEY ARE WHAT I AM WORKING TO. ANY LAST MINUTE CHANGES I WILL ALSO MENTION IN POST 2, SO THEY ARE EASILY VIEWABLE
Edited by: "Domislice" 28th Sep 2015
Reserved
Edited by: "Domislice" 4th Sep 2015
Apologies for the short notice between starting this thread and the first actual meet up. I PMed many users who had previously shown interest a few days ago.
Edited by: "Domislice" 3rd Sep 2015
I'm game! Probably won't be playing massive amounts as my backlog is vast on several consoles. Should be able to pop by tonight though! How does joining work?

My NNID is the same as my ID on here.
cannibalwombat

I'm game! Probably won't be playing massive amounts as my backlog is vast … I'm game! Probably won't be playing massive amounts as my backlog is vast on several consoles. Should be able to pop by tonight though! How does joining work? My NNID is the same as my ID on here.

Hi cannibal! What times do you want to play? I'm allocating slots to keep it running smoothly. 20:00 - 21:00, 21:00 - 22:00 and 22:00 - 23:00. You can play in any number as tonight is not oversubscribed, yet.
Domislice

Hi cannibal! What times do you want to play? I'm allocating slots to keep … Hi cannibal! What times do you want to play? I'm allocating slots to keep it running smoothly. 20:00 - 21:00, 21:00 - 22:00 and 22:00 - 23:00. You can play in any number as tonight is not oversubscribed, yet.

21:00-22:00 please good sir!

If you're as good at Splatoon as you are at MK8 Domislice, I'm sure your opponents mostly get their asșes handed to them!
cannibalwombat

21:00-22:00 please good sir! If you're as good at Splatoon as you are at … 21:00-22:00 please good sir! If you're as good at Splatoon as you are at MK8 Domislice, I'm sure your opponents mostly get their asșes handed to them!

You weren't too bad either! I use, in my opinion, a difficult weapon. It's quite team dependent as well as, obviously, user dependent. When you're doing well you feel amazing, when it's going badly you feel like the worst player there is.
I use a Splash-o-matic and am looking forward to seeing what others will be using.
HISTOREGG

I use a Splash-o-matic and am looking forward to seeing what others will … I use a Splash-o-matic and am looking forward to seeing what others will be using.

Great gun, very versatile. Standard set with Suction Bomb rush?
Domislice

Great gun, very versatile. Standard set with Suction Bomb rush?

Yes, i have tested most of the weapons in turf war and this suits me best at the moment. I am waiting to see how the latest update has affected rollers.
HISTOREGG

Yes, i have tested most of the weapons in turf war and this suits me best … Yes, i have tested most of the weapons in turf war and this suits me best at the moment. I am waiting to see how the latest update has affected rollers.

There wasn't anything in the patch notes about roller adjustments, but Nintendo always state minor gameplay adjustments so it's possible something small was done.
cannibalwombat

I'm game! Probably won't be playing massive amounts as my backlog is vast … I'm game! Probably won't be playing massive amounts as my backlog is vast on several consoles. Should be able to pop by tonight though! How does joining work? My NNID is the same as my ID on here.

I think someone makes the Private Lobby, i.e. me, and then other players go to the online menu hub and join. I'm not sure if I should password it, can't think of a reason I'd need to (unless it forces you to). If I do I'll put the code in the reserved post.
I have just checked the patch notes again, you are correct no roller alterations, just wishful thinking on my part.
Hi all.. Sorry for being a little late to the party on this one.. Busy as heck.. Any room for a little un ?
siroko

Hi all.. Sorry for being a little late to the party on this one.. Busy as … Hi all.. Sorry for being a little late to the party on this one.. Busy as heck.. Any room for a little un ?

That's fine! Which time slot(s) do you want to play in? 20:00 - 21:00, 21:00 - 22:00 and/or 22:00 - 23:00?
Any time slot will be fine.. Even can be back up in case someone has to drop out or whatever.. NNID : sirokoninja

siroko

Any time slot will be fine.. Even can be back up in case someone has to … Any time slot will be fine.. Even can be back up in case someone has to drop out or whatever.. NNID : sirokoninja

You can play the full 3 hours if you want. We are under subscribed at the moment, particularly from 20:00 - 21:00 (list is in first post, minus insx who hasn't confirmed times yet).
Hmm.. Any really.. I'll probs be manning the Junior n bubbler.. So whoever fancies a level 46 inkling wielding that about.. Haha..
Cool.. I'll do the full session then..
FYI .. Gonna switch the Wii u on at 3 to have a nosey at the stages and maybe have a quick blast.. If any adding needs doing, I'll be around around then
siroko

Hmm.. Any really.. I'll probs be manning the Junior n bubbler.. So … Hmm.. Any really.. I'll probs be manning the Junior n bubbler.. So whoever fancies a level 46 inkling wielding that about.. Haha..

Level is no guarantee of skill I've put you down for all three. If I did need to kick you from one, it would probably the 22:00 - 23:00 slot. Any late changes I will write in the second post, currently reserved, so they are separate and obvious.
Domislice

Level is no guarantee of skill I've put you down for all three. If I … Level is no guarantee of skill I've put you down for all three. If I did need to kick you from one, it would probably the 22:00 - 23:00 slot. Any late changes I will write in the second post, currently reserved, so they are separate and obvious.

Tell me about it.. I'm useless in ranked.. Rainmaker & TC are not my strong suit at all.. Tbh, I'm just a Turf Wars player mainly..

So yeah.. Looking forward to it
siroko

Tell me about it.. I'm useless in ranked.. Rainmaker & TC are not my … Tell me about it.. I'm useless in ranked.. Rainmaker & TC are not my strong suit at all.. Tbh, I'm just a Turf Wars player mainly..So yeah.. Looking forward to it

Provided everyone sticks to the times it should go smoothly and hopefully be a lot of fun. I know a couple of players haven't spent long on the game so I will do my best to balance out teams based on performance. I'm not going to take weapons into account unless we end up with team roller, team charger etc.
I should be OK from 20:00 to 22:00 and I'm pretty sure my ID is insx72, I keep forgetting to check!
Domislice

You weren't too bad either! I use, in my opinion, a difficult weapon. … You weren't too bad either! I use, in my opinion, a difficult weapon. It's quite team dependent as well as, obviously, user dependent. When you're doing well you feel amazing, when it's going badly you feel like the worst player there is.

I've not played Splatoon much. I think I'm level 13, played maybe 4 or 5 hours of casual matches (or whatever they're called) and 4 or 5 ranked matches (and won them all, though still C-). I've taken a real liking to the roller with kraken. Tried all the weapon types in practice though should really put them to the test online!
cannibalwombat

I've not played Splatoon much. I think I'm level 13, played maybe 4 or 5 … I've not played Splatoon much. I think I'm level 13, played maybe 4 or 5 hours of casual matches (or whatever they're called) and 4 or 5 ranked matches (and won them all, though still C-). I've taken a real liking to the roller with kraken. Tried all the weapon types in practice though should really put them to the test online!

Level 13 is not bad considering you've only owned Splatoon 3 weeks. I picked it up on release and played solid for a month or so, hitting the level 20 cap quickly. Then I stopped playing it except for Splatfests, getting back into it a couple of weeks ago. I'm level 27 I think, although it's really no indicator of skill. I've played against level 40+ who were barely competent. From level 30 - 40 it takes something like 300 - 400 points to level up and you get +1 for 200p coverage, another +1 for 400p coverage and +3 for winning. That's 70 - 80 victories per level if you always win or 100 - 150 if you lose often. Some players must have racked up literally 1,000s of games in the past month (since levels 20 - 50 were made available).
So how do we go about joining the game? Are we adding friends, or is there a game ID number? I haven't played a group session on it before!

Thanks for your hard work sorting this!
gizmo2501

So how do we go about joining the game? Are we adding friends, or is … So how do we go about joining the game? Are we adding friends, or is there a game ID number? I haven't played a group session on it before!Thanks for your hard work sorting this!

I'm not exactly sure but I think you join the host of the game from the multiplayer menu lobby. When I get home I'll mess around and check. I'll add everybody I don't already have on my friends list as well.
Joining is really simple. Make sure I'm on your friends list (I've already sent friend requests to everybody currently confirmed), go through the multiplayer door, go down to Private Battles, select. It then brings up your friends list and gives you the option to Create Private Battle at the top. I'll create the Private Battle in advance, just find me on the list and select.
Password?
insx

Password?

Password is in post 2, 2468.
Found it in 2nd post.
My onscreen name is Meh by the way
Waiting for HISTOREGG I believe. He was on earlier too.
Error440

My onscreen name is Meh by the way

Join this round!
Says your not recruiting squad members ?
Domislice

Waiting for HISTOREGG I believe. He was on earlier too.

Not sure he's coming? This is what makes me wish we could chat in game!
HISTOREGG

We're waiting in the room. Try again.
HISTOREGG

Still 3 spaces.
i'm on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants