HUKD too big for glitches?

Posted 19th Feb
I have been in this forum around a year. I seen some glitches and the end result has always been the same. Massive amount of orders are cancelled.

I found recently a glitch and ordered and received goods successfully. I am not going to post it here because it just goes to waste.

Your thoughts?
Community Updates
Misc
27 Comments
What’s the glitch? We need to know!! Haha. Just kidding. But feel free to PM if you’re feeling generous
Agreed. HUKD now has 2 million members. There are probably just as many lurkers.
Most people on here have no manners anyway. Doing the right thing (sharing) will result in nobody receiving it.

If you won £1'000'000 you could either make somebody really rich or give all the members 50p. You cannot win.

A great deal, please share.. A great misprice from a vendor who historically cancels orders will just end in whingers starting Whatsapp groups threatening legal action.

I once got a Nintendo DS on a great deal and reserved it. I got down to Toys R Us to find somebody else had gone down and stolen my reservation. Since then I have become a more of a realist.
Without HUKD I probably wouldn’t have found the glitch but on the other hand I do post deals. I don’t get anything from posting deals so this acts as a little bonus.
Could I please have the glitch in PM's 😁
You can go one better than that as some companies out there believe that an offer they make is null and void once advertised on sites such as this as it amounts to "abuse" (I am using what Dennis Publishing call it when I asked about them cancelling and not telling me on three occasions).

Dennis Publishing for example in their terms have this clause "If we deem this offer to be misused by either any discount sites or any individual, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer and not fulfil any issues or the gift."

I no longer "abuse" Dennis publishing by taking them up any of the offers they make.
Bertz9919/02/2020 15:18

You can go one better than that as some companies out there believe that …You can go one better than that as some companies out there believe that an offer they make is null and void once advertised on sites such as this as it amounts to "abuse" (I am using what Dennis Publishing call it when I asked about them cancelling and not telling me on three occasions). Dennis Publishing for example in their terms have this clause "If we deem this offer to be misused by either any discount sites or any individual, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer and not fulfil any issues or the gift."I no longer "abuse" Dennis publishing by taking them up any of the offers they make.

Abusing an offer by agreeing to the offer that they were originally touting out. Like I say, you cannot win. If the deal gets too big, it will fail.
PM your glitch to me . I have to agree, I've been an active HOTukdealer for over 10 years and glitches are more difficult to find now. Not as many posted. Although when there is a glitch most often I have found that it has been honoured. Anyone know any splinter groups I should join? lol
Downtownmonkey19/02/2020 15:09

Without HUKD I probably wouldn’t have found the glitch but on the other h …Without HUKD I probably wouldn’t have found the glitch but on the other hand I do post deals. I don’t get anything from posting deals so this acts as a little bonus.

What about all those lovely badges you've got!
esar19/02/2020 15:53

What about all those lovely badges you've got!

I can’t take them to the grave with me.
Edited by: "Downtownmonkey" 19th Feb
Been a while since a glitch panned out for me. Next best thing is a genuine cracking deal though. There should be a secret forum for deal posters only
It must be a glitch that you want to keep using? Otherwise, you could post it now that you've successfully received the goods?
I have only had 1 glitch in all the years I have been on here... all other orders for glitches were cancelled lol
If you're still feeling generous then you can pm me the glitch tooooo
@jamie15 Really want to know the glitch now
happyshopper219/02/2020 16:43

It must be a glitch that you want to keep using? Otherwise, you could post …It must be a glitch that you want to keep using? Otherwise, you could post it now that you've successfully received the goods?

Yes it still works but how long I don’t know. I don’t want to cause company a hassle with two million orders and cancellations especially when they probably would not order them otherwise.
HUKD is to big. I have shared the glitch with my friends.
I've never actually taken advantage of a glitch/misprice. I know I've missed out, and I know you have to be in it to win etc. but the 'human greed' element always puts me off trying. That and the hassle some seem to suffer with refunds and so-forth. People are people and someone always sees it as a way to make quick money and invariably ruins it for the masses. If only they realised that ordering one or two items might not flag up - but someone ordering 20 or 30 will DEFINITELY send up warning signals.

I always said to myself, if I found one; and as long as I get mine first; then I'd more than likely post it to let others try but I know the same issue as above would occur. It's almost guaranteed. I will however say that I've been endlessly entertained over the years by the "HUKD Misprice Bingo" posts and the users that get all hot 'n' bothered because their orders were cancelled and can they complain...

Glad to hear you had some success though, Downtownmonkey. Enjoy.
I don't understand why anyone would want to post a "glitch" on here.
The main beneficiary will always be the corporation that runs this site.

If it's something good then tell your friends and family.
I sometimes get nostalgic about the pre-HUKD days of the Usenet bargains groups. There were great bargains and very few people using the groups then. Mind you, it cost about 3p a minute for a 28k dial up connection...
RChew6919/02/2020 17:14

I sometimes get nostalgic about the pre-HUKD days of the Usenet bargains …I sometimes get nostalgic about the pre-HUKD days of the Usenet bargains groups. There were great bargains and very few people using the groups then. Mind you, it cost about 3p a minute for a 28k dial up connection...

They were the days eh? Used to pay 1p a minute and then spend all my time looking at the clock, checking how long I'd been online!

Gone are the days worrying how long you've been "on" - now we're on till fingers are raw and eyes bleed!

(And before anyone says, I'm talking about typing and watching the screen. I know what you lot are like! )
I found a glitch on Asda a few years back, ordered a Nintendo DS and it let you order about £400 games for free. I ordered a few and they arrived the next day but they fixed the problem, never posted it. Also found an £1k ebike on Halfords for £80, ordered it but they cancelled. You need to keep the good stuff to yourself, at least until you receive it.
I think it is entirely down to luck. For example we had some hot tubs from Amazon not so long ago which were listed for £55.99. Some members got them and others didn't. So you had to be in the right place at the right time. Where was the right place? Right here on hotukdeals where the deal was posted!! (thread in question - hotukdeals.com/dea…e=6 )

Sure we have 2m registered members but that doesn't mean they're all online at the same time. Only a small percentage of that figure is online and like I said above, it is totally down to luck to be online at the time the glitch is shared.

One final point, just because a glitch is found it does not mean that it was a genuine error. We have a publication rule in place to stop repeat offenders where merchants create misprices/glitches to drive traffic when they would never honour it.
csa119/02/2020 17:02

@jamie15 Really want to know the glitch now

Same but don't blame OP for not posting. Maybe better off for OP to just tell a few friends instead of posting it here for everyone.
I am sure when glitch alert comes through the amount of people online increases exponentially.

I just feel for the poor person who’s fault the genuine glitch was.
Jason19/02/2020 18:05

I think it is entirely down to luck. For example we had some hot tubs from …I think it is entirely down to luck. For example we had some hot tubs from Amazon not so long ago which were listed for £55.99. Some members got them and others didn't. So you had to be in the right place at the right time. Where was the right place? Right here on hotukdeals where the deal was posted!! (thread in question - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lay-z-spa-monaco-5599-delivered-at-amazon-3334156?page=6#comment-39039883 ) Sure we have 2m registered members but that doesn't mean they're all online at the same time. Only a small percentage of that figure is online and like I said above, it is totally down to luck to be online at the time the glitch is shared. One final point, just because a glitch is found it does not mean that it was a genuine error. We have a publication rule in place to stop repeat offenders where merchants create misprices/glitches to drive traffic when they would never honour it.

If only we had a time machine
Jason19/02/2020 18:05

I think it is entirely down to luck. For example we had some hot tubs from …I think it is entirely down to luck. For example we had some hot tubs from Amazon not so long ago which were listed for £55.99. Some members got them and others didn't. So you had to be in the right place at the right time. Where was the right place? Right here on hotukdeals where the deal was posted!! (thread in question - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lay-z-spa-monaco-5599-delivered-at-amazon-3334156?page=6#comment-39039883 ) Sure we have 2m registered members but that doesn't mean they're all online at the same time. Only a small percentage of that figure is online and like I said above, it is totally down to luck to be online at the time the glitch is shared. One final point, just because a glitch is found it does not mean that it was a genuine error. We have a publication rule in place to stop repeat offenders where merchants create misprices/glitches to drive traffic when they would never honour it.

B&M i spose ??? They have history on here
Edited by: "Misslovely" 20th Feb
Downtownmonkey19/02/2020 18:32

I am sure when glitch alert comes through the amount of people online …I am sure when glitch alert comes through the amount of people online increases exponentially. I just feel for the poor person who’s fault the genuine glitch was.

Could you inbox me too please as I want to know what it was.
Thanks
I dont post glitches. I would rather help out a few members than post it publicly.
I think I haven't had a good misprice for 5 years or more. sigh.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants