Groups

HUKD used to be a site where people posted 'Deals'

and in the main it still is, but if you look down the list of 'New' deals it looks to me as though certain retailers have struck up an arrangement to use us as their advertising vehicle.

4 Comments

u mean the pics that show company logos on the new deals page ?

Original Poster

blineboy

u mean the pics that show company logos on the new deals page ?

No, I mean where certain Mods post a load of deals, many for the same company, in one go. To me that smacks of a private arrangement being struck between those that run the site and certain retailers, quite probably for financial benefit. Obviously relying purely on members finding deals isn't enough any more but this policy isn't so far away from 'self-promotion', something that isn't allowed. Maybe if you offer a reasonable back-hander then you are allowed to self promote.

kingy58

No, I mean where certain Mods post a load of deals, many for the same … No, I mean where certain Mods post a load of deals, many for the same company, in one go. To me that smacks of a private arrangement being struck between those that run the site and certain retailers, quite probably for financial benefit. Maybe if you offer a reasonable back-hander then you are allowed to self promote.

KINGY - ITS AFFILIATED TO CERTAIN SITES - THATS HOW THEY GET THE MONEY TO RUN SITE (AND GET A WAGE)
    MUST ADMIT - PEEVES ME WHEN A LOAD OF PLAY CDS OR WHATEVER GET POSTED IN 1 HIT - ETC - POSTERS WOULD GET QUITE A FEW COLD VOTES - AS WE KNOW -

wont let me edit comment - i was testing whether parse was on - it isnt so i apologise for caps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?2658
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1332
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277960
      4. word association Game72944191

See more discussions