Groups

HUKD vs EBAY... Clash of the Titans

Hot UK Deals vs eBay - The Slugfest!
    ------------------------

Who's better when it comes to buying and selling privately?
    Forget trading or wanted requests, this is about buying and selling personal items and getting a fair deal... on both sides.

HUKD Pros:
    - No fees (e.g. Paypal, listing, auction).
    - Informal process to back out (i.e. change your mind).
    - No required to register card details

HUKD Cons:
    - No definite way of securing an item until paid for.
    - Some members:
    i) lack understanding;
    ii) can be rather impolite/rude;
    iii) can be hasty.
    - Rules can be:
    i) questionable/debatable;
    ii) quite numerous;
    iii) not so easy to recall every, single time;
    iv) confusing.

EBAY Pros:
    - Easy to use.
    - Well established/reputable site.
    - Wider scale of viewers/potential buyers/sellers.
    - Can bring in more money.

EBAY Cons:
    - Fees (e.g listing, final item value, Paypal).
    - Quite susceptible to negative feedback.
    - Required to registed card details to sell.
    - Committed to purchasing (usually difficult to back out).

Phew! There, thats my piece off my chest... So what say you?

24 Comments

eBay wins hands down.

Bit like comparing a Rolls Royce with a push bike. lol

eBay all day long they won't part with a **** in this place

Supermod

So what are we saying? HUKD should charge people for using their FS/FT service?

Rules can be: i) questionable/debatable; ii) quite numerous; iii) not so … Rules can be: i) questionable/debatable; ii) quite numerous; iii) not so easy to recall every, single time; iv) confusing.

I've written a "HUKD FS/FT Rules Made Easy" book for people like you, purchase it from me in ebay. X)

Ebay for comparison and HUKD for good honest deals. if you do business with good honest people.

Original Poster

yeah i kinda prefer ebay but ever since they started charging 10% final fee i began to loose interested. Sold a phone and paid ebay £45+!

HUKD is titanic when it comes to deals but the fs/ft section is pants (normally sweaty second hand ones) - just my observation!

Original Poster

Marina

I've written a "HUKD FS/FT Rules Made Easy" book for people like you, … I've written a "HUKD FS/FT Rules Made Easy" book for people like you, purchase it from me in ebay. X)

Ha-ha! We have a comedian in our midst.

Original Poster

Wish they would separate the womens stuff from all the other stuff for sale... gets on my nerves - especially on FOLK.

shuwaz

Wish they would separate the womens stuff from all the other stuff for … Wish they would separate the womens stuff from all the other stuff for sale... gets on my nerves - especially on FOLK.

Sexist!

Original Poster

nikkib123

Sexist!

how do you know i'm not female?

shuwaz

how do you know i'm not female?

Hmmmmm, you trickster

Original Poster

nikkib123

Hmmmmm, you trickster

Ha-ha!

Banned

shuwaz

yeah i kinda prefer ebay but ever since they started charging 10% final … yeah i kinda prefer ebay but ever since they started charging 10% final fee i began to loose interested. Sold a phone and paid ebay £45+!

but the question is, would you have made an extra £45 on here

shuwaz

Ha-ha!

]

I totally agree with you anyway, just joshing

Original Poster

colinsunderland

but the question is, would you have made an extra £45 on here

That... is the question!

Original Poster

nikkib123

]I totally agree with you anyway, just joshing

X) dear, oh dear!

People are not willing to pay anything on here so ebay is much better,

depends what your selling. i mean youve got people atm trying to flog htc wildfire's on here, and it is just like why bother even trying

I quite like selling on here, it has a nice community and it's pretty safe and easy if you stick to the rules and use common sense, I loved eBay for years but it just got too big and turned on those wh fed it.

- Committed to purchasing (usually difficult to back out).

this is a pro for a seller

Original Poster

dcx_badass

You missed the HUKD Pro/Con of people getting scammed and us 'lolling' at … You missed the HUKD Pro/Con of people getting scammed and us 'lolling' at them.

nebno6

- Committed to purchasing (usually difficult to back out).this is a pro … - Committed to purchasing (usually difficult to back out).this is a pro for a seller

Both true.

HUKD Pro- Informal process to back out (i.e. change your mind

If you do that here once a deal is agreed it's actually a infractionable offence. How is that a Pro? lol

Original Poster

Syzable

If you do that here once a deal is agreed it's actually a infractionable … If you do that here once a deal is agreed it's actually a infractionable offence. How is that a Pro? lol

I mean you can offer a price but if you change your mind you can always negotiate with the seller. if the seller agrees this then allows other buyers to proceed.
    of course if the seller wasnt happy then thats different.

Edited by: "5hooey" 15th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions