HUKD WhatsApp group missing deals that are shown on main HUKD site - is it fit for purpose?

Found 4th Nov 2017Edited by:"SandorClegane"
Hi all,

I'm a member of the HUKD WhatsApp group, and my primary motivation for joining it was so that I could keep up to speed on the latest deals without having to be logged in to HUKD 24/7, which isn't practical for me. Unfortunately, I've been finding that the WhatsApp group often misses deals that are shown on the main site. A recent example that irked me was the Tesco Xbox One S £45 bundle from last Friday. I checked the group multiple times during the course of the day, and there was no mention of that deal. It was only shown on the main site itself. By the time I found out about it on Friday night, it was expired. Aside from that, the group often shows deals that are of no relevance or interest to me (such as deals for kids' toys and baby items.) Should I bin the group and just stick to the main HUKD site so I don't miss any scorchers?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Is this a serious question ?
“I missed a good deal. I need to blame. I need to complain.”

YAWN.

You lost this game. Move on. Be happy for those that were fortunate. OR wake up earlier ... early worm etc.
I think you need to look at the specific circumstances surrounding that deal in that it was shared relatively early in the morning and it had expired within such a short space of time.

In an ideal world amazing glitches will be relayed (WhatsApp is a manual service) but sometimes it just isn't possible. As others have said, it was on our site for ordering, you just had to be in the right place (which HotUKDeals is!) at the right time. Of course you'll stand the best possible chance if you're subscribed to WhatsApp, site/app notifications and all our social media pages. Worth mentioning that this did go out as a Trending (automated) on Twitter when the deal appeared to still be live.
They can't post every single deal that appears on the site on the whatsapp group. That would be ridiculous, and you'd be flooded with so much that you'd miss the good stuff.

As MJ says above, the xbox deal was posted early morning, you can't seriously expect the mods to be up and about monitoring the site at that time of day.

Bin the group if you like - but would you really have been online at 6am to catch this one on the main site?
miikeyblue2 h, 5 m ago

They can't post every single deal that appears on the site on the whatsapp …They can't post every single deal that appears on the site on the whatsapp group. That would be ridiculous, and you'd be flooded with so much that you'd miss the good stuff.As MJ says above, the xbox deal was posted early morning, you can't seriously expect the mods to be up and about monitoring the site at that time of day.Bin the group if you like - but would you really have been online at 6am to catch this one on the main site?

Members of the mod/forum team would have been around when it was posted but they dont run the WhatsApp
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants