HUKDVCF

Found 30th Apr
Not content with lumbering us with 'freebies', when we only want to read the 'deals', I see we're now getting clobbered with 'vouchercodes' posts as well.

Why have we got separate sections when we can't filter them out?
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Click on "Deals" instead of "All" possibly?
Bobbajob1 h, 33 m ago

Click on "Deals" instead of "All" possibly?

Nope it’s a new thing, deals include voucher codes as well now has been like that a few days. In most cases it the old thing of adding a code any code it doesn’t matter if it works with the deal itself but it shows up next the get deal button. You go in and people are complaining that the code doesn’t work, but it was never meant to.
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Apr
eslick29 m ago

Nope it’s a new thing, deals include voucher codes as well now has been l …Nope it’s a new thing, deals include voucher codes as well now has been like that a few days. In most cases it the old thing of adding a code any code it doesn’t matter if it works with the deal itself but it shows up next the get deal button. You go in and people are complaining that the code doesn’t work, but it was never meant to.

I haven't noticed that.

I thought the OP was referring to vouchecodes and freebies showing up in the deal list, which for me they only do when I view "all"

Can you show me an example of what you are referring to?
Edited by: "Bobbajob" 30th Apr
Bobbajob45 m ago

.I thought the OP was referring to vouchecodes and freebies showing up in ….I thought the OP was referring to vouchecodes and freebies showing up in the deal list, which for me they only do when I view "all"

When was the last time you selected 'deals'? As eslick says, when you select 'deals' now you get the whole caboodle!
Edited by: "LesD" 30th Apr
Morning guys - The filtration hasn't changed - previously if a deal was posted with a usable voucher in the description, the user experience for shoppers (especially on mobile) was awkward.

They'd have to tap, select and expand, copy then take the code with them as they went shopping for the deal. We tested the new layout, which allows users to pick up the code relevant to their deal as they shop, on a small user group and saw massive improvements to the user flow.

For clarity, only codes which are added by the deal poster at the time of deal submission will show in the post - if the code is not working or has been added to the post incorrectly, it can be removed. Just hit report if you see that happening

Vouchers = a voucher and filtered by the voucher tab as always. Deals = a deal and filtered via the deal tab as always. Vouchers can be attached to deals (ie get this for £x when you use this code, as has always been the case) but to improve user experience, the only thing that's changed is how those vouchers are now displayed in the opening post and, more importantly, how they can be used by shoppers
Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 1st May
Sorry JB. You've got to be joking.

Checkout todays AO.com posts. They are all for the 10% code. There is no separate 'deal' there.
You could always create a custom list like I do... Have a look in the settings - can choose what you see
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants