Humax hdr-1100s and 2 TVs

Found 23rd Apr 2016
We are contemplating getting rid of sky and going over to freesat using the sky dish already in situ. We would need recording and catch up and the Humax hdr-1100s seems the best option. Our only other issue is that the sky box feeds 2 tvs, using a magic eye upstairs to turn the tv over. Now I know that the humax box doesn't have this powered feed option built in to do this. So what was thinking, is use a hdmi splitter on the humax box, and a long hdmi lead to the tv upstairs. Is it possible to turn the humax box over using an app on phone/tablet? Or has anyone else got any better options, without spending a fortune?

Many thanx

Helen x
Community Updates
AskHumaxTV
12 Comments
Your current Sky box will turn into a freesat box recorder when the subscription ends, They no longer disable the recording features either which is a bonus :).

The Humax is probably better but not sure if it's worth it.

Original Poster
shauneco

Your current Sky box will turn into a freesat box recorder when the … Your current Sky box will turn into a freesat box recorder when the subscription ends, They no longer disable the recording features either which is a bonus :).The Humax is probably better but not sure if it's worth it.

No I didn't know that about the recording function, I just assumed it stopped. What about the channels, does it revert to a freesat box when my subscription ends, or do I need to purchase a "freesat card"?

Thanx for replying
Edited by: "hellyl" 23rd Apr 2016
shauneco

Your current Sky box will turn into a freesat box recorder when the … Your current Sky box will turn into a freesat box recorder when the subscription ends, They no longer disable the recording features either which is a bonus :).The Humax is probably better but not sure if it's worth it.

​They are still currently charging for the recording.
I can't help with the specifics of your question, but just wanted to say that dumping Sky and getting a Freesat Humax box was one of the best decisions I ever made. Get NowTv and you'll still have all the best Sky shows as well, whilst saving an absolute fortune. Go for it!
hellyl

No I didn't know that about the recording function, I just assumed it … No I didn't know that about the recording function, I just assumed it stopped. What about the channels, does it revert to a freesat box when my subscription ends, or do I need to purchase a "freesat card"?Thanx for replying

You'll get all the freesat channels including the free HD channels etc.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 23rd Apr 2016
jamierichardson129

​They are still currently charging for the recording.

No they're not, Got an old sky hd box in my kids room and the recording features have been enabled, You might have to force the Sky box to update for it to work and will need to leave the old card in etc..

A thread on here about it too
Original Poster

the recording option is pretty important to us. Actually pausing live tv is the main thing, pause and forward the ads. So wouldn't want to cancel and hope it would work

shauneco

No they're not, Got an old sky hd box in my kids room and the recording … No they're not, Got an old sky hd box in my kids room and the recording features have been enabled, You might have to force the Sky box to update for it to work and will need to leave the old card in etc..A thread on here about it too

hellyl

the recording option is pretty important to us. Actually pausing live tv … the recording option is pretty important to us. Actually pausing live tv is the main thing, pause and forward the ads. So wouldn't want to cancel and hope it would work

If it doesn't work you could then buy the Humax box anyway?, As it transpires it may be a glitch with the the box and subscription card, Lot's of people claiming they still have the Sky+ features i,e record, pause rewind etc.. Including me on my kids sky hd box. I know other people that still have the Sky+ features with no active subscription.

shauneco

No they're not, Got an old sky hd box in my kids room and the recording … No they're not, Got an old sky hd box in my kids room and the recording features have been enabled, You might have to force the Sky box to update for it to work and will need to leave the old card in etc..A thread on here about it too

​My bill and my mums bill both say they charge and they have been renewed this month. If you have gotten away with still being able to record and not paying that's great, but they do charge.
jamierichardson129

​My bill and my mums bill both say they charge and they have been renewed … ​My bill and my mums bill both say they charge and they have been renewed this month. If you have gotten away with still being able to record and not paying that's great, but they do charge.

Yeah after reading more it seems you're probably right, Just seems strange that lots of people have got the + features for free, Baring in mind they enabled the feature on my kids sky box long after the subscription ended and I figured it had the record feature after the thread was listed on here hence assuming it'd be free for all sky boxes providing they still had an old viewing card etc..
shauneco

Yeah after reading more it seems you're probably right, Just seems … Yeah after reading more it seems you're probably right, Just seems strange that lots of people have got the + features for free, Baring in mind they enabled the feature on my kids sky box long after the subscription ended and I figured it had the record feature after the thread was listed on here hence assuming it'd be free for all sky boxes providing they still had an old viewing card etc..

​it does seem a little hit and miss, maybe a certain batch of the HD boxes cant be deactivated. Im not sure.
mine was deactivated when I cancelled
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants